1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Please add Lava :)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by vilereaver41, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I knew it o3o

2. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

so lava is copyright material from minecraft?
    EDIT:shit i necro-ed sorry

3. 101i

nice one noob,
    and yes lava comes from minecraft, since it was the first blocky game.

4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Wrong. There is another 'blocky' game called Infiniminer, which was released before Minecraft, and it has lava too. Get your fucking facts straight, not everything comes from Minecraft ffs.

startselect3 and 101i like this.
  5. Are you a pretzel because you are salty

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  6. YoungAdolf

YoungAdolf Catapult Fodder

We shouldn't have lava because obviously Minecraft invented lava (duh). I think KAG has copied enough off other games, for example the pickaxe (also Minecraft) should be replaced with a hammer and chisel, the bow and arrow (Elder Scrolls, Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood) should be changed to slingshots and the sword (every game ever?) should be changed to something completely original, something nobody has used before.

This game doesn't need more stuff, it needs less. We need to make this game less like other games out there, and cater more to the player base we have by making the game a niche version of itself! :smug:

7. 101i

:kappa:

8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Ahem, Infiniminer was basically an early version of Minecraft. Still say Lava is bad.

9. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hey, back on topic. If more continues I may have to do harmful things.

startselect3 likes this.
  10. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I see your point, but to be honest, i must disagree, for several reasons:
    1: Minecraft didnt invented lava
    2: not using swords because its used in most of medieval war games? so, i shoudlnt have to breath because a lot of people did that before... (i know extremist situation, but really, if all the games follow what you want, there would exist only one game of each genre, or maybe less)
    3: dont try to make an original game, try to make a Good Game.

PinXviiN likes this.
  11. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

They were not made by the same developers, so you can't just say that ''it was an early version of Minecraft''. And after Infiniminer was released, Notch, the creator of Minecraft, was inspired to make Minecraft by several games, which included Infiniminer.
    Seriously people, stop comparing everything with Minecraft, it's super annoying.

Now to get back to on-topic, I think adding lava to the deafult game would be bad, though in some mods (or mayb even in bigger maps, possibly to stop tunnelers) it might be good.
    I also remember that one guy made 'lava' in classic, but it was just retextured water, and he (probably?) just made the drowning faster.

12. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

everything stoled from WoW anyway.

lava would be a nice addition and in the end it's up to the mapmaker if he uses it or not.
    But lava would need new liquid physics, no endless spreading like water.

13. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Yep, anyways it would take lots of builds to get it balanced and not so annoying.
    I think it would be a nice addition to the game, but if they dont add it, i wouldnt care, its not necessary.

14. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

I think he was being sarcastic. Hard to tell.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.