1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pls remove Cerbero's rift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PUNK123, May 1, 2016.

?

Is cerbero's rift any good?

1. No

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

It is worst map and needs to go from the official pool. It is literally 1 class dependent and there is no way to stop the original push of the enemy(i mean that there is no collision between red and blue because of the giant fucking pit). The giant hole in the middle just slows down the game and makes it bad

CerberosRift.png

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. PUNK123

also @Geti which maps are actually in the cycle, because i spammed next map like 80 times and didnt see all the maps in the ctf file in my base folder.

3. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

that shitmap needs to die together with the op builders! zuul has spoken.

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kill fass and shitmap

Redshadow6 and PUNK123 like this.
  5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

you mean base/maps/ctf? did you look at base/rules/CTF mapcycle.cfg file?

6. PUNK123

ofc not because i'm a pleb

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

mapcycle = Maps/test.kaggen.cfg;
    #Geti
    Maps/CTF/CerberosRift.png;
    Maps/CTF/HearthPlains.png;
    Maps/CTF/Snatchmark.png;
    #Gurin
    Maps/CTF/Community/Gurin_DoubleSided.png;
    #Joiken
    Maps/CTF/Community/Joiken_CTF2.png;
    #JTG
    Maps/CTF/Community/JTG_Aqueduct.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/JTG_FirstBadlands.png;
    #Monsteri
    Maps/CTF/Community/MonsteriCTF1.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/MonsteriCTF2.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/MonsteriCTF3.png;
    #Oodle
    Maps/CTF/Community/Oodle_Stonethrow.png;
    #Radioactive
    Maps/CTF/Community/Radioactive_Dahill.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/Radioactive_Gaps.png;
    #Rayne
    Maps/CTF/Community/Rayne_NerysRidge.png;
    #Shadowor
    Maps/CTF/Community/Shadowor_IslandCoast.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/Shadowor_ProvingGrounds.png;
    #Skinney
    Maps/CTF/Community/Skinney_Bluff.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/Skinney_Crypt.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/Skinney_Typhoon.png;
    #8x
    Maps/CTF/Community/8x_Fest_Pass.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/8x_PorkBuns.png;
    #Ej
    Maps/CTF/Community/Ej_Chambers.png;
    Maps/CTF/Community/Ej_BlueSunset.png;
    #Fellere
    Maps/CTF/Community/Fellere_FourRivers.png;
    #Mazey
    Maps/CTF/Community/Mazey_Junctions.png;
    #Trekobius
    Maps/CTF/Community/Trekobius_DragonsLair.png;

Pleb.

jimmyzoudcba and PUNK123 like this.
  8. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

THIS MAP IS THE BEST MAP CMON!

jimmyzoudcba and joshua12131415 like this.
  9. PUNK123

May i ask why?

10. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

To be honest, I don't have a huge problem with this map. Maybe it's because us Australian have a different play style, but I never find this to be very stale matey. Wins are either fast and short or a normal map play time.

The only troubles I have with this map are the pre built builder tunnels. It inspires ratting plays, which should be discouraged.

#TributeToRaveGap

11. PUNK123

Stalematey is different from trashy. From my experience, each sides makes a tower over the giant freaking hole and just camps/spams siege until they either gain the advantage and hop over to the other side. After that they spend an hour trying to drag the flag over the hole and back to base. Or someone rats underneath and just cancerizes the hole thing with a tunnel/ rat path across the other side. Either way i dont find either fun and it just turns into a Bg.

12. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Off-topic/low effort posts removed. Please try to have actual discussion in this thread.

FuzzyBlueBaron, bunnie and PUNK123 like this.
  13. PUNK123

Can anyone tell me why they like this map? Please? Only response ive ever gotten when asking was "it is fun to see how players react to the pit".

Clev likes this.
  14. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I like the idea of the map, but that being said, it doesn't really work well as an official map. It seems more like a community map than anything.

FuzzyBlueBaron and PUNK123 like this.
  15. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I actually like the map for being a slow continuous struggle trying to gain the advantage over the over team and to get the flag but I can see how it could be hated by a lot of people and why it shouldn't be an official map. Honestly it's my favorite map as it's where I learned to do my platform walling and door towering at and has always put me on my toes. "Oh no they're digging under us a knights I need to put stone down quickly!" "Oh man I gotta get this tower up quickly before those bomb jumpers get over." "Damn they got the flag, I gotta try and block off their doors.". I'd be sad to see it go, I got a lot of really good memories on it. But that's mostly because i'm a ctf noob and haven't played the map more than 30 times, it'd get super tedious then as the pit forces you to do the same type of strategies everytime, but for the first couple times it's super fun for me :D

EhRa likes this.
  16. EhRa

1. KRPG

^^^^^

Exactly, just because people have played it a lot doesn't mean it should be removed. If you feel like you are doing the same strategies, then lead you team to change it up.
    Take a look at dust 2 in csgo. Most played map, still popular, still fun, even though everything stays the same.

Now don't say the argument, this is different than csgo, or it's too boring. It's your dusky for making it boring. Wouldn't the flat maps be boring? Wouldn't any map that has a hill as middle be boring. They aren't because it is up to the players to make it fun. It's your own fault if you find the games becoming stale mates. Change your own tactics before you blame a map.
    I have never had any problems with the flat maps, but people should call them bad because they are too flat, or had a problem with any of the hill maps. So don't kill an enjoyed map because you think it's not fun anymore.
    Also please answer how it is one class dependant?

17. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I think it offers something other maps don't, precisely a pit and 2 terrain walls to play around. I believe the map was added to vanilla more or less when Black Death was hosting either RadioActive's or my pit map, and people enjoyed it mostly (well some others basically hated it). That said, in my opinion this one (and some other maps) could have shorther height, to avoid those FTW catapult/ballista towers from your base, which usually reach the flag coffin.

EhRa likes this.
  18. PUNK123

Seeing as how there's a giant pit unable to be crossed by anyone at the beginning of the game, i think there needs to be a builder to do anything on the map.
    What? The damn map is bad in every single place. Even the flagroom is over a stupid pitted area(i cant see a single reason to justify that).
    Thanks for the inspiring speech but there are only 2 ways to play the pit: Tunnel under or make a tower and block over. The block over strategy takes forever because usually there's 1 useful player on the enemy's team that will try to stop you. The tunneling strategy is cool and all if you like that thing but i dont like a map that is only able to be played 2 ways.
    No, because there isnt a giant pit in the middle to stagnate literally everything. I would PREFER a hill atleast there is a way to gain control of that and defend it, instead of having to babysit some prebuilt tunnel area, and having to camp a pit.
    That may have been an issue last build but not now imo. Also i dont think catapults have the range to do what you are trying to bar them from doing.
    Have you tried playing it as any other class other than builder? Your story makes complete sense because on this map, unlike others, you have the time to build the giant tower with platforms etc because there is no giant enemy push to stop you
    Speak for yourself obviously everyone doesnt enjoy it or have fun on it.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  19. EhRa

1. KRPG

1) Ar hers can grapple across, Knights can bomb jump acros.
    2) Is a flap map bad because it is only a flat stretch of land? Or is a mountain bad because of a height advantage? Just because their is terrain in the way, doesn't make a map simply bad.
    3) There are only two ways to build in any map, build over it or tunnel under it.

The differences in the map makes it a fresh feel to the map pool. I guarantee that if this was changed to a flat map, you would rather the old one back after a time.
    If you classify the map as only being able to be tunnelled or frontal attack, that is true for any map. Any map could be tunnelled, especially ones with pre built caves. Why not remove those, arent the tunnels big enough yet? Or why not remove hill maps, they give too much of a heigh advantage. Therefore it's bad, geti plz remove.

A pit gives a freshness to ganeplay, instead of simple flat maps and medium hills.

20. PUNK123

1)yea and theyll both get raped by the camping tower players on the other side.(unless you expect the archer to 1 vs 4 or the knight to stomp slash the entire enemy team[i sincerely hope you dont]). Also for a second lets say the knight does what you say, then what? He is stuck on the other side of a giant pit and didnt accomplish anything(except maybe he could fight the enemy but not get back).
    2)Ive said why the map is bad. It stagnates everything, it forces you to either tower it or tunnel under(usually 1/2 the team does both). Im not complaining about the terrain because it looks weird, im complaining because the map itself is bad.
    3)yea no. On about 1/2 the maps there is something you can go and take over(whether it is the inside of the mountain etc). You can tunnel on most maps, or tower it, but there is this one significant thing you are able to do aswell: ACTUALLY PROGRESS WITH YOUR TEAM. If you try to just bridge across the gap and gg, then on cerbero's rift the enemy will just respawn rape you(as in they will just attack you until they kill your players off) and then theyll break the ledge(this is all contingent on whether you are unopposed on your builder's attempt to bridge it). Games on this map ends with siege spam from the winning team's side of the rift.

what the hell does frontal attack mean? a tower based game? if so yes but the difference is on other maps the enemies actually collide(as in you cant just sit behind a huge rift and minecraft a tower).
    If i wanted a breath of fresh air id play on iko's(where all the gimmick maps are located). It might be different but it is still bad.
    Exactly, but no other map has a huge pit with a tunnel located under the giant rift(honestly how can you support having to babysit that thing). The reason you wouldnt remove those maps, and we are speaking generally because there are some bad ones, is because the teams can fight over that area because that is the point of the game, to war over mid. There is no war at mid in Cerbero's rift because of the big pit. And again if i wanted freshness id play iko's

Vamist likes this.