1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MechaTrickster, Jan 16, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

N0. 666 and 777 will be poison bug type pokemon with terrible base stats, making the poison type even more unused and unappealing because Gamefreak fucking hates poison types. As for your team get a Porygon in Veilstone City, the Porygon family is nothing but bros.

2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

right now i am just repeating the game till i get all the sinnoh starters on my hg game
    i could trade pokemon from hg/ss too
    so porygon - 1
    also i fucking love porygon, in my hg game a porygon z was in my team for the game
    anything else?

3. Yeah, I ran a Porygon-Z for when me and my buddies used to play pokemans at lunchtime. Tri Attack, Conversion 2, Nasty Plot and Recover, plus a Life Orb. Frail as all heck, but if you let it set up, it will rip through your team with little trouble.

I thought Brave lowers defense.
    But yeah, Attack + Speed - is best nature for Aggron.

4. Volbeat.

GloriousToast likes this.
  5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

XD porygon and volbeat,
    starter i want is going to be turtwig nature is impish

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Hey any of you guys playing on Pokemon Showdown? Really great battle simulator I've just started using. Really user friendly and it's all browser based so you don't even need to go through any kind of installation.

Been having a lot of fun with a Rain Team in UU.

Kalikst, MechaTrickster and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wow, that actually seems pretty cool, no nonsense easy browse based Pokemon PvP...

I'm surprised there wasn't an immediate C&D, to be honest.

8. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

9. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I love how the gen 6 grass starter looks like one of the normal type derps you'd see the at very beginning... but with a green hat.
    Also Mewtwo Form looks retarded
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

Attached Files:

10. eamono

eamono Arsonist

http://www.pokemon-world-online.net/
    another online pokemon game i have found, still in beta so i has some bugs (moves that don't work right, no EV's yet, etc...)
    but it has johto region and kanto region

OT: gen 6 looks really lame, but then again i thought gen 4 looked terrible but i bought it, and i just started playing black 2 even though i thought gen 5 would be horrible...

11. Yeah, I've been playing it a bit. I scraped a win with my UU team recently. Choice specs Rotom-H with Overheat does some ridiculous damage.

12. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Ooh, gotta look at al the links! :D
    I'll report back if I find them interesting, but not so interesting that I disappear... >:3

13. Contrary

Yeah UU is the best! I've actually never used any of the Rotom forms, I'll have to give them a shot. I use to only use Pokemon I have personally played with on my Gameboy/DS, but I've started to branch out into the new pokes. Would love to see what your team is like, here is the Rain team I mentioned:

Kingdra @ Life Orb Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 Atk Lonely Nature
    Dragon Dance/Outrage/Draco Meteor/Waterfall

I built the party around this guy. He gets some DDs up and smashes stuff. Occasionally drops the Draco for hit and runs on physical walls. You don't need Rain to unleash him but when the Rain is up he out speeds everything and destroys with Waterfall. Can easily set up on fire moves thanks to the quad resistance and is one of the main ways I deal with Darmanitan and Chandelure.

Bronzong @ Damp Rock Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef Sassy Nature
    Rain Dance/Stealth Rock/Gyro Ball/Earthquake

Here to set up Rain and SR. He also counters Crobat pretty well.

Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk Hasty Nature
    Hurricane/Rain Dance/Grass Knot/Superpower

Honestly Tornadus isn't the best member on the team but he is useful sometimes. Hurricane hits reasonably hard and he occasionally gets surprise KOs with his physical coverage moves (though this is a suggested set on Smogon, you'd think people would have seen this before). The really useful think about him is the priority Rain Dance which allows me to sac him and get Kingdra revenge killing/sweeping.

Magneton @ Eviolite Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 120 SAtk / 212 HP / 176 Spd Modest Nature
    Magnet Rise/Substitute/Hidden Power Ice/Thunderbolt

Here to take out the steel pokes, leaving dragon moves unresisted. Magnet Rise allows him to beat all the steel Pokemon which carry Earthquake (which is almost all of them). He usually comes out of a steel kill with a sub so he can even make the opponent sac a poke to get that sub out of there.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef Adamant Nature
    Outrage/Earthquake/U-turn/Stone Edge

Standard Scarf Flygon for scouting/revenge but it works really well in this team since Kingdra softens up the physical walls with his Outrages and Magneton removes all the steal types. At midgame I'll often have Kingdra go on a suicidal Outrage run, allowing Flygon to follow up with all the so-called "physical walls" being weakened too much by Kingdra to withstand more Outrages. I use to think that scarfed Flygon was one of the number one most overrated Pokemon right up there with Fake Out Ambipom due to its pitiful damage output but it works really well in this team.

Slowbro @ Leftovers Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def Bold Nature
    Scald/Slack Off/Thunder Wave/Psychic

Slowbro seems to be on pretty much every team I make. He's incredibly necessary for dealing with Darmanitan, Mienshao, Heracross and pretty much every other physical threat in the tier.

This team is a lot different from my old teams since rather than just assembling a bunch of counters to top threats I have a coherent strategy. A proactive rather than reactive team. It's worked reasonably well but it has a number of problems such as weaknesses to bulky Zapdos and Sub CM Raikou.

Anyways if you guys want to battle hit me up.

14. Contrary

Good games Reudh, look forward to playing you again later. Your team has some big threats man. That Choice Banded Moxiecross completely threw me off guard. I'm pretty sure Flygon could have taken a Megahorn from a Scarfer but Band? Also HP Dragon surprised me too. Most people use HP Ice because in addition to hitting every Dragon but Kingdra it also takes care of Ground for you- but it sure saved you from my Kingdra.

15. I'm a complete newbie at competitive Pokemon but I'm currently building my team, hope to play with you guys some time soon.

16. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

You guys should really check this game thats in development.
    Pokemon Generations , its alot of fun really. They are trying to pump out more updates and shit but it seems like it has some real potential.
    I try to keep up to date on the forums for this game cause yea the demo they put out was decently fun.

17. [18:28:05] <+Ej> fuck zapdos
    [18:28:09] <+Ej> FUCK ZAPDOS
    [18:28:10] <+Ej> i say

Contrary and Reudh like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi