1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MechaTrickster, Jan 16, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

9/10 times when I see a Charizard, it's Y. I think once the initial hype over X being Fire/Dragon dropped, everyone realized having massive Sp. Attack and free sun makes him a lot easier to abuse and tack on to any team. Also to be honest there aren't a whole lot of amazing moves to use with X's new ability.

Hawxx and Superblackcat like this.
  2. so you switch your blissey into charizard Y and die to blast burn

yes, gambling in pokemon is a great idea

3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Has anyone played the rom hack called Pokemon Blue Kaizo, it's so fucking hard, I rage like 10 times. Your rival gets a Mew as a starter and there have been a few people that nuzlocked it.

4. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

That sad moment when you realize your Pokemon can't legitimately have a tutor move from Gen 5 and two egg moves from Gen 6 because of the no-going-back-bank.

My Lucario with Ice Punch, Blaze Kick and Bullet Punch is never to be.

>Inb4 Blaze Kick and Bullet punch aren't good moves

5. of course bullet punch is a good move, just not on Lucario. It can make better use of Extremespeed.

6. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

I use Bullet Punch with Mega Lucario because it deals with Fairies who would resist Close Combat, and it deals with Mega Gengar. It's definitely a lot more risky than Extremespeed, but in my usage there have been more times where I'm glad to have Bullet Punch than times where I wish I had Extremespeed for the +2 priority or dealing more damage to Fire/Electric/Water 'mons.

Though with normal Lucario I much prefer Extremespeed. I should have mentioned I use his Mega in my previous post, sorry.

7. Eh, I use Flash Cannon to deal with fairies. Not many are all that fast, with a few exceptions. Also Azumarill is neutral to flash cannon, so Lucario is pretty much forced to switch out or face a Play Rough or Aqua Jet.

and yeah I know that Mega Lucario's spatk is lower than his attack, but hey 145/140/112 attacking base stats are delicious and can do mixed passably.

8. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Well I don't use it because Fairies are fast, more because it does that and it still serves as a priority. Gotta be careful with those limited moveslots after all. But since you use Flash Cannon, I'm curious to know what your Lucario's other moves look like.

9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Bullet Punch is a great move on Mega Lucario. It's standard from what I've seen, in part for the coverage against fairies but also as devastatingly powerful priority (thanks to Adaptability). Extreme Speed has merit though, allowing you to beat Talonflame who is extreme common.

10. I run CC/BPunch/Flash Cannon/ExtremeSpeed. I'm not sure whether I should swap out Flash Cannon for Swords Dance though, I still have fair damage without Swords Dance. I might swap Flash Cannon out for Earthquake if I'm struggling with Aegislash - Earthquake from Lucario-M +2 vs Aegislash in Sword Forme is something like 87-103% damage, off the top of my head.

11. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

87-103%? More like total overkill. Unless you meant to say 'Shield Forme'.

I've never really seen Talonflame being used to great effect. I can see how they'd be a problem for Lucario though. Keep in mind that I play Doubles, so that might have a large influence on what Pokemon I see over people who just do Singles.

12. Talonflame has one use and one use only. Brave bird spam.

It's got a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, so its only real use is a suicide lead. Gale Wings + Choice Band + Brave Bird is gonna rip into a lot of mons - now, if Staraptor got Gale Wings i'd be very happy.

EDIT: apparently Talonflame uses a pitiful base 81 attack so it really needs Gale Wings to say out of NU.

Staraptor on the other hand has a very nice base 120 attack, along with base 100 speed vs Talonflame's base 126.

EDIT2: +2 Lucario-M against sword forme is a pretty high chance to OHKO, and earthquake is used over Crunch because crunch makes contact and therefore risks getting a drop from King's Shield.

Basically, Lucario-M running earthquake is an Aegislash killer. It's faster, takes pretty average damage from Shadow Sneak, and can OHKO after a single boost.

EDIT3:

252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Sword: 225-265 (69.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Sword: 449-529 (138.5 - 163.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 91-108 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 182-215 (56.1 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

There you go. Lucario-M 2HKOs Aegislash-Sword unboosted, and OHKOs after a single boost
    Vs Aegislash-Shield, then it's a 4HKO unboosted, and a 2HKO after a single boost.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  13. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

And this is exactly why Aegislash loves Weakness Policy. They can set up with Swords Dance or the likes, then if you try to kill them with a SE move in Shield Form they get another Swords Dance boost and take fairly little damage.

14. Contrary

Oh my lord I really like the new mons but I hate the current OU metagame. Each of the new mons are really cool and fun but altogether there's just too much power to handle all at once and I feel real pigeon-holed into running a hyper offensive team, which I hate almost as much as stall.

15. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Hyper offensive is my favorite Cont, so mean.

16. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

I'm all about hyper offense, set up dat dual screen, try to get a baton pass in if I can and start attacking ::P:

17. >playing gen6 ou

18. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Oi, we gotta find something to do when we're tired of training for Sundered Kingdom. Or in Contrary's case organizing.

19. Contrary

Well that's great for you guys, but I'll be waiting on lower tiers to show up.

20. Contra sweeping the scrubs off the lower tiers to reserve them higher tiers for his final sweep. I'll stick to Emerald for the meantime.

Mods: BlueLuigi