1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MechaTrickster, Jan 16, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Have you tried KO Tournament? You can play it in Emerald, in one of the Battle Tents (Verdanturf or Fallarbor, don't remember) or in Battle Frontier after beating the league.

2. i just like walking around, exploring stuff and talking to NPCs and shit

really those games are rather long without being weaboo-only jrpgs

dont even bother with multi cause i have showdown to beat nerds

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

That's not an atypical way for matches to go but it's definitely an oversimplification. Take Ej and I for example. I haven't played him much lately (haven't played Pokemon much in a while actually) but he would use fairly defensive teams that would spread status and wear down mons with hazards or weather. Eschewing any real sweeper he would just grind the offensive threats down until his walls had nothing to threaten them. I for one seldom used set up mons or sweepers of any kind, instead preferring slow but bulky pivots with strong defensive synergy that can take a hit or two and retaliate for big damage on anything that wants to come in.

In fact, you can make successful teams that require hardly and switching at all. My highest ranking team of all time cleaned out most games by lining up wall breakers and spamming their most powerful moves until the opponent died. I did end up with some decent defensive synergy and a passable defensive core, but it rarely came to that and even my "walls" were the most aggressive variants possible.

I used to love the singleplayer until I started playing competitively, now I just find it to be a grind.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Apronymous likes this.

4. i should have been born Asian

also Contrary undermining my playstyle just because my best team was stall

Anonymuse likes this.
  5. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

pokemon is better than life itself

Pizza likes this.
  6. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Only arcade release? That looks so sick, I'd love to play that.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Let your inner lame run free, Ej! Let it run free!

Pokken is going to be casual scrub city but it's still going to be hype as all fuck.

8. ImperialCereal

ImperialCereal Catapult Fodder
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

The multiplayer is xy is beyond good, it rewards battling and trading with fun safaris to explore and the singleplayer is fun to explore and raise pokes in. If you get that bored in singleplayer there are ways to make it harder for oneself (nuzlocke, wedlocke, wonderlocke etc.) And the battle system is 40,000,000× deeper than hitting twovstones together (sorry it just is).

9. I has AR, beat the crap out of you all!

10. That's like saying in any online game "Hurr I can beat you because i have hacks?"

11. bout

bout Shark Slayer

"You won because you have no life and play this game all the time".

12. The problem is, I lost my platinum chip, and the AR is old so I can't use it on BW.

13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Guys, download your free Super Size Pumpkaboo in Pokemon X+Y now! It comes with Trick or Treat, Scary Face and holds a rock helmet! If you evolve it into a Gourgeist you can take part in a special tournament.

It also has a high chance of having Pumpkaboo's hidden ability Insomnia!

EDIT: US + EU ONLY

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    101i likes this.
  14. (US and EU only, you should add.)

NinjaCell likes this.
  15. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

QQ
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2014 ---
    Mid night release tonight, kinda tempted to go to my local gt and get it :rekt:

16. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

GUYS IM FUCKING SPOOKED RIGHT NOW. I was at work and I was doing my first attempt at a nuzlocke on pokemon emerald. I was and caught a poochyena on the first route. I leveled it up once, then it got killed by a level 3 poochyena. I went to go heal it then release it but it said that it came back. just read the video's description.

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

he's just worried about you bro

18. Or perhaps he's spying on you and can't leave until he/she/it has enough information to murder you.

19. Iirc they do that when you only have a few pokemon left in your game in the older generations.

Just leave it in a "dead" box if you're doing a nuzlocke.

20. I'm rolling through UU on Showndown ATM. My nick is WonLeeSak if anyone wants to play.

e: nvm just got haxed 2 games in a row with air slash flinching on first hit and fire blast miss

e2: and got haxed 3rd game when playing some mental impotent, fire blast miss vs fucking belly drum hehehehehehhehehe

e3: nvm i ragequit this shit

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
Mods: BlueLuigi