1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Possible Solution To Gold Stealing/Griefing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forgotton, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Forgotton

Forgotton Guest

Hello, I normally check the forums daily and stay pretty up to date. That being said I am not 100% sure if this has been suggested or not. If it has, feel free to remove this thread.

Why not make it so after gold is stored in the vault, then friendlies can no longer remove it. Only hostiles would have that ability. This would mean the griefers would have to mine the gold and take it over to the enemy. Pretty much eliminating the appeal. Seems practical and an easy fix for now.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The vault is not a discrete construction though, it's built the same way a castle is - so to take the gold out of the vault the griefer would end up bombing the vault, then taking the sack, which is hardly an ideal fix.
    This would also prevent people from taking a gold sack down into the mines for the risk/reward strategy that a lot of players employ...

We're aiming to move away from relying on gold sacks altogether, to more literal CTF with gold used to buy/create items etc, so it becomes an indirect way to win the game rather than a direct way to win the game.

3. Forgotton

Forgotton Guest

Well played sir.