1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Possible?

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Sansuki, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sansuki

Sansuki Catapult Fodder

Hey Guys!

I have no experience in modding, coding etc. at all... So what I'd like to know is: Would it, theoretically, be possible to make a Zombie Survival Mode that looks roughly (and now be stunned and awestruck by my superior drawing-skills) like this?
    [​IMG]

If possible with the zombies spawning in set waves until wave 30 or so at which point they would just spawn like wild without any delay.

I have been asking myself this question for a long time now so I would appreciate every helpful answer to this.

Sincerely,
    Me

2. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Yes, it's possible, but to spawn zombies on the way you want you would need a bot to spawn them using the remote rcon.

Sansuki likes this.
  3. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Actually, you can also spawn them using .gm scripts on a per-map basis, you don't actually need to use rcon at all if you have a script set up.

Strathos and by extension Arcrave figured out a way to spawn zombies at preset spawn points. The gamemode Arcrave created (rapid zombie mode) is hella fun. I have to ask his permission to post some of his code, but literally you can have a folder of custom maps that each have spawns in different places with different types of zombies and spawn-rates. It's a blast.

Sansuki and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  4. Sansuki

Sansuki Catapult Fodder

Awesome! :D
    ... Well.... While I'm at it... Do you have a link or two to show me where to get started on modding game modes etc.? ... I used the search function already but I guess I used the wrong words or I didn't recognize modding stuff... Even though I used "Modding" as a keyword xD...