1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Possibly useless data (that you might not know)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GloriousToast, Sep 25, 2012.

?

how useful is this data?

1. 5 very useful

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. 4

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. 2

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. 1 not useful

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

[WIP] :D
    As of build 514:
    Builders are the only class that can pick up every material automatically. Knights or archers have to pick up material by pressing "c" and then lift it around like an object. The major difference here is that when it comes to catapults, builders can fill the catapult with ammo and picked up stone by using "c" will put it in the catapult.

Probably the greatest skill for knights that we will never master but bots can do, is shield jump (made up name). This is where a knight jumps and shields, maximum height distance and with 5 people you can get up even 20 blocks high.

Archers are probably the most balanced, "best position" class. They are hardly affected by lag, suffer hardly any damage and deal damage from a far. They are incredibly hard enemies to fight against, as at any sigh up trouble they can usually escape to a farther location.

likely one of the most annoying things in the game is called "paper shield". It happens when you die from a projectile but it looks like you shield but due to people living in various locations people are not all on the right page.

The easiest form of game play is firing the catapult. It is noob tubing for the game. All you do is make a catapult, load stone and fire. They are extremely devastating, one hit knock out even shielding knights, rape buildings and have almost no draw back. They do die to archer fire but are often out of any archers reach.

Tunneling is the counter action against any sort of projecticle fire be it catapult fire, arrows and bombs. It is considered nooby as anyone can do it and is extremely easy.
    There are three types of tunneling that i will classify:
    1. Near tower tunnels: These are the most common. Either one goes down 2-4 blocks and then towards the direction of the obstacle, going under it. Any class can attempt this but if there stone in the way archers have no go (even then why are you an archer for attempting to dig a tunnel?).

2. tunnels through buildings/entombing. this can only be attempted by builders as they are the only one that can destroy stone. It is exactly as it sounds you just destroy stone to make a path way through the building. More information go here

3. the final is side to side tunneling. You just dig down 20 blocks more or less and then dig in the direction of the enemy. You can then dig till you are under the enemy flag and dig up, grab the flag and go. It can be extremely effective when you are unnoticed and when the enemy has an outpost away from the flag. Three rules however that is relevant to your success. One: no emotes, two: no talking, three: no light. These all influence whether you are spotted or not which is extremely essential. Also to note people can see sparks when hitting bedrock and when falling down any amount of blocks will show a dust cloud.

Anyone can press "m" to view the map. This can be used to check the layout of the map as well as any skybridges and tunnel and you can see where your team mates are.

Archers can hides behind bodies and grass. It is somewhat useful but I've never seen it used effectively.

In the sandbox mode you can hit yourself with your catapult and be launched up to 10 blocks. What you do is make catapult, load with stone, enter fire mode and as you enter it start walking then right when you reach just outside the cata jump. The cata will fire and if perform correctly you will be launched into the air.

"When playing archer, you can fire your bow using the [F] key. I basically hold down [LMB] and use [F] to fire, cancelling if I need to with [RMB]. It saves me the split second it takes to reclick the mouse, so I re-notch that tiny bit faster. Plus, I feel like it helps my timing a bit better, but I don't think I can explain that. "
    posted by jackitch
    It can be also canceled by pressing "C".

Archers can climb arrows. This is one of the main skills regarding archers as they can clumb nearly any flat wall and some with overhang. You can also climb arrows of which the block has been collapsed or other wise disappeared. it can also work for climbing team door.

It is possible to land onto spikes without getting hurt. Your character is roughly 2 by 2 blocks. you can land on spikes as long as you don't land on in between two spikes in a row.

Trees can be used as supports but they are not strong enough to hold a block without a ground support.

JacKD, Stevedog, feet and 2 others like this.
  2. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Great guide to new players who don't know much about the game and don't know which class to play as. =)
    Force

3. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Dig down 20 blocks or more? Are you insane?

4. GloriousToast

hey its an estimate.... i was not playing the game at the time so i dont know

5. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Well, I've never seen anyone dig down that far unless the holes already existed. 20 or more is deep.

6. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Getting around a tower that is just being camped and not defended just needs a trench, a tunnel with 1 or 2 blocks above it. What you describe is opening another path entirely from 1 point in the map to another, with the hopes of gaining territory or a flag by surprise, and probably shouldn't be done to counter camping with archers/catapults/bombs due to generally low patience of the members of your team.

Honestly, you want them to see you, because, if they panic from it and send too many people trying to stop you, your builders can just ladder up their walls without wasting much time at all.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. GloriousToast

You dont really want them to see you because it is all about the element of surprise. In CTF, the flag is the most important thing as it is the immediate win or less depending on your situation. Without it you can not win. My first thought for strategy is grab the flag and go. however if that fails you can just resort to that. it might be fail because people are bad at explaining things to others.

8. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Another pointless newbie guide, good job!

9. GloriousToast

lol wut?
    hitting your self with a catapult ?

10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

lol, and a reference to my rant against entombing. Even though people still never got my point that entombing, in my eyes at least, is when a builder surrounds himself in stone when spotted and stays there indefinitely.

I guess this is good. Definitely some data I may/may not have needed to know.

11. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'd like to add one:

Maybe a lot of people already know about this, but I've only seen it mentioned in a few places:

When playing archer, you can fire your bow using the [F] key. I basically hold down [LMB] and use [F] to fire, cancelling if I need to with [RMB]. It saves me the split second it takes to reclick the mouse, so I re-notch that tiny bit faster. Plus, I feel like it helps my timing a bit better, but I don't think I can explain that.

FuzzyBlueBaron, AdrianC and Mqrius like this.
  12. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I didn't know that. I dont think many people in the Kag community know about that.
    Thanks,
    Force

13. Mqrius

Mqrius Robo Guard Cop Tester

Or share it and win by skill :)

Kyzak, FuzzyBlueBaron and JacKD like this.
  14. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You can press [C] to reload your bow even faster than with [RMB]. However, I don't like it because (1) I pick up random stuff and (2) I'm not used to it.

15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

archers can use arrows to climb, even if they are still in the air. (probably useless...)
    great that you mentioned the shield jumping trick, its a shame nobody uses it the way bots do...
    if you are very skilled, you can use this to jump on a gliding knights shield.
    its not really usefull, but its fun to show off.

16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Hitting yourself with a cata, lOl, want to try it NOW

Some archer things were new for me, like that you can press F too and you can cancel with RMB ghehe .