1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM CTF TTH Post accepted maps criticism here

Discussion in 'Maps for the Official KAG Servers' started by Mazey, Oct 31, 2016.

1. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

It shouldn't be mandatory, if you want to review a map you should move your ass, download the png, and load it in a single player tdm

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Map name: Punk123_PrincessCity & Mazey_Junctions
    I strongly believe this two maps should be taken off rotation for the following reasons.

They offer a mid ground way above the flags and the tents, and for getting to mid you have not only to push forward and climb, but eventually to attack from below. It makes the defenders have more disadvantage than expected, and eventhough there are other paths under the upper level, this one prevails as the one that leads to victory.

I appreciate the experimentation on new maps, but these two lead, generally, to an unnecessary spawnrape, giving the losing team not only a bad time as they're the losers and lose the flag/flags, but also keg drop spam directly on their bases. In other words, the inability at a certain point to defend, as if that option, at that moment, is suddenly denied for them. Just played a match minutes ago on the first map, but for what I've seen, the gameplay gets repetitive (get the highground, harrass the base). Screenshots :
    screen-17-08-27-20-11-34.png
    screen-17-08-27-20-12-41.png
    screen-17-08-22-14-42-41.png
    screen-17-08-22-14-44-23.png

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Fuzzle and EhRa like this.
  3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The screenshots you gave are of crying demon

Regardless i dont agree with your stance that maps with higher mid are unviable for official because people can lose control that bad. I think maps laid out with strong points to overtake ensure that games end and all the nastybusiness that happens in endgame generally happens on all maps(they just dont happen until a longtime in because the game doesnt end due to both teams having strong defensive positions).
    CryingDemon deteriorates too much imo so i feel like that kinda ruins the map. I dont think Mazey_Junctions is ruined by there being a chance to gain the highground tho. If people neglect to control a strongpoint that is given to them then the game should end. Flatmaps are generally cool but the biggest issue is that they last forever and only end in tunnelling(because all you have to do is push forward and destroy any tower the enemy builds). If you narrow any map down to its most basic form then it is repetitive(with flats its rush, fight , destroy, repeat for an hour until random tunnelling eventually works).

bunnie likes this.
  4. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

map name: lavaguy678_meadow
    issue: no bedrock in mid makes a pit
    [​IMG]
    i know its getting removed from cycle but just have the updated version in the files ;)

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I don't think we add maps to the game files that won't be played on the official map pool(sorry).

Lava likes this.
  6. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Map Name: 8x_Pass_Fest
    Issues: Map caters mostly only to builders; Only one path at middle
    Reason: Tunnel locations just get spammed by mines. Maybe this could be fixed if the top of the map was inverted to be on the bottom(?), but that's a design choice and may present new problems. Map really isn't very enjoyable to play as knight/archer. When I swapped to builder it was kind of fun, you actually have all your fellow knights backing you up (for once!). It's a cool builder map, but not so great for everyone else.
    In-game Pic:
    20171022222415_1.jpg 20171022222430_1.jpg

Tern, Solaris, Fuzzle and 3 others like this.
  7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Was going to write something for this map, so I'll just add to what was mentioned.

Honestly it is one of the worst maps I've played. It is just too restrictive. I understand the theory behind it but when put into practice, this map just leads to a cluster fest inside of mid, followed by a spamming of blocks and platforms. Like you can't even tunnel over or under mid to create another path, it just forces people into a massive shit fest in mid. It's a cool theory but maybe adding one or two other lanes (That have to be dug out) or a more complicated mid (other than just a bedrock square).

Cruxiat likes this.
  8. Lava

lavaguy678_peanut
    issue: [​IMG]
    solution: [​IMG]

Geti likes this.
  9. Basshunter

Basshunter of course i like your t-shirt Staff Alumni Donator Tester Official Server Admin

Map Name: Biurza_Stompy_Bois
    Issues: Everything is explained below.
    Reason:
    First of all
    : the spikes, doesn't seem like a very big problem but for me it is, they really make the movement even worse than it is on the map already(yellow-coloured areas).
    Second thing: knight movement. nothing much to explain, just look at the map (orange-coloured areas are the only ones where you can pretty much fight with not that many problems).
    Third thing: the little caves or whatever. (dark red-coloured areas) i dont see a point of having them there, knights can just camp there most of the time.
    Fourth: obstacles near both spawns (red-coloured areas). dont see a point of having them on the map too, its just additional annoyance.
    In-game Pic:
    Screenshot 2018-04-12 19-12-30.png

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Tern, Biurza and bunnie like this.
  10. Lava

i think its nice to have different fighting areas rather than normal big open spaces like everyone wants, gives some diversity to the game imo.

Biurza likes this.
  11. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Agree with most of this. Played a few round on it and its a bit of an annoying map. too much focus on aesthetics and gimmicks and not enough on gameplay.

Basshunter likes this.
  12. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I disagree with this, it is obvious to see that a lot of thought when into the flow of the map.

I haven't played the map a huge lot but most matches were fun on it imo. Maybe some tweaks but nothing major needs to be changed.

13. Basshunter

Basshunter of course i like your t-shirt Staff Alumni Donator Tester Official Server Admin

i think you misunderstood me, i was talking about the knight movement here, i definitely agree with you, i'll edit my post so its more clear and understandable

14. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

for sure, I defiantly see it from both perspectives. I think I must agree with your opinion after some consideration. I spoke to soon in my initial post.