1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Post your idea for the worlds best weapon(fake or real)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Danhup, Nov 30, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The best weapon in terms of sheer destruction would be an induced vacuum metastability event. Oh, you have a black hole gun? That's nice. Say good bye to reality, fucker.

It has one very obvious draw back though...

2. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I got to think of this article.. especially entry #5 the microwave gun platform. the thought of being immobilized on a battlefield for one reason or another and then getting essentially cooked to death is rather scary.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16710_6-non-lethal-weapons-thatll-make-you-wish-you-were-dead.html

On a somewhat unrelated note... but i somehow belive would fit to be posted in here rather than to start a whole new thread. Back in the day me, my brother and my friend did several online tests to see what kind of weapon we where (amongst other things, fantasy creatures for example... i was a fairy.) .... we did one test for medieval weapon, assault weapon and pistol...

My results where a G36 assault rifle, a m1911 as a pistol, and for a medieval weapon... i got a lightsaber (disqualified).

3. Dallas-13

Dallas-13 Shopkeep Stealer

Nobody has said a BFG 9000 yet? Huh...
    Anyways a car with a laser on the front would be the best weapon to own. :)

4. Danhup

Danhup Shopkeep Stealer

says the guy that has a car for a profile pic :3

5. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

I believe diseases are the most fearsome weapon. The black death killed 400.000.000 people, and that was just a "natural" disease. Nowadays with all the advances, genetic engineering, imagine what horrors could be created. They would be far more deadly than all the nuclear bombs, and cheaper than a single one. Besides, you would never be safe - even if you defeated your enemy, his weapon would still be there, invisible, reproducing exponentially and mutating to be even more deadly...
    Also, given you only have to create a single virus and let it reproduce, you could create hundreds of different ones so that hundreds of different medicines are needed - and hundreds of researchs have to be done to stop each one.

The worst weapon I can think of would be then a disease that, say, paralyses, causes great pain, is immune to all known antibiotics, and causes necrosis. And this could be being researched righ now... :eek:

Danhup likes this.
  6. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Citizen, please don't think about such things. Genetic engineering has an extremely bad press but has been used for so much good, ranging from disease resistant crops to anti aging medicines! Why, your own life has been improved immeasurably thanks to our bold research!

This message brought to you by your friend, the Umbrella Corporation.
    [​IMG]

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I'm sorry, but I just found the best weapon ever
    [​IMG]

Bly, Piano, Guitarman and 7 others like this.
  8. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

9. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

[​IMG]
    GO FOR THE EYES BOO!!! GO FOR THE EYES!!!!

herpyderp8, Birdman159 and Danhup like this.
  10. Danhup

Danhup Shopkeep Stealer

he looks VERY sad :(

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

He's only sad because he's not killing anything right now

Danhup likes this.
  12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

That weapon looks awesome,where can i get a license for a knife-on-a-hamster?

Danhup likes this.
  13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Looks more like a guinea pig. Could be hamster too, though, then the knife's just very small :D

Danhup likes this.
  14. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

this is the best weapon
    [​IMG]

15. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

>implies one could wield Chuck Norris.

16. Marijuana

Marijuana Shipwright

I'd make a weapon you could smoke, and it couldn't shoot.

Dallas-13 likes this.
  17. Snow

Snow KAG Guard Tester

No weapon is the best weapon.

18. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Banan a gun is obviously the best weapon.
    1315630758114.jpg

Piano, Danhup and Zegovia like this.
  19. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

This thread is nice in many ways. Its hasn't really been exploring the right direction if you ask me though. Sure, those are all nice weapons, some of them funny, some of the world endingly powerful and some of them just awesome for the mind to attempt to comprehend.

The problem with this thread is we haven't defined the way one weapon is measured against another. Different weapons do different things and we all know that object can be improvised as weapons. A chair can be the friend in waiting you needed to save your life. Sure, an assault rifle beats a knife. But it all comes down to context. What do you need to do, and what does the weapon do. A knife is a fantastic way to kill someone in their sleep without waking their friends. An assault rifle not so much.

So, its all very well that we attack this topic from different angles saying a black hole generator or a weapon that literally causes reality to take a shit and die. These weapons are comparing sheer universal untold and indiscriminate destruction. I ask you, what use is that weapon? Sure, it is immensely powerful and it would pretty much give the universe a bad day but you have completely forgotten to think about the purpose of a weapon.

A weapon isn't about destruction. Not really. A weapon is a concept name we give to a thing. A weapon is the manifestation of will and action. There are weapons that do no harm and there are weapons that level entire cities. For warfare a weapon is indeed about destruction. You need to kill the other guy, and whoever has the weapon that kills the other guy the best is at an advantage. But as you expand the idea with more reality it gets more complex. How much power is cost effective? How much power can we even afford. Nuking a farm in the forest with 20 enemies in it is major overkill. So is it the best weapon to use in this case? I argue that it is not the nuke.

If we can, and I'm assuming you agree, all agree on this. Then what is truly the best weapon? If you can end reality great! But what would be the point? What do you gain, whats the endgame?

I put forward that the most powerful weapon is not anything physical like a fist or a rocket. It is a lie. A simple or complicated well constructed and executed lie can do damage beyond comprehension and achieve so much whatever your motives. We innately put value on truth but we all lie at some point for different reasons. Maybe we're insecure so we lie, maybe we tell lies to ourselves because we can't face the truth, maybe we lie on impulse out of fear, maybe we just aren't emotionally ready for the truth, maybe we want more power or money. A lie is so versatile. We have different motivations for using it and an intended outcome we want from it. This is in my opinion the perfect definition of a weapon. A weapon is no more than just something we use, albeit typically in hostile or violent contexts, to get what we want done. A lie achieves this a thousand times daily.

A lie can change the world. Which makes me question how humans can have the arrogance to dare say the world is anything other than what it truly is. Lies have far reaching consequences that could affect the lives of many. Many of us here have been lied to and discovered it. I ask you this though. How many times have you been lied to and not known?

Thats why I think a lie is the greatest weapon. The mere concept of a lie can bring down our understanding of reality without ever changing a thing. All it had to do was exist to cause change. You've heard so much from so many sources. If lies exist, how can you know all that knowledge to be reliable?

Piano, Boxpipe, Danhup and 2 others like this.
  20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    (The best way to emphasise a meaningful post: add a diagram)

Danhup likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi