1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-built map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snow, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Urist

Urist Guest

Because I am a little Spaz...
    Where am I looking to start making maps...

2. Urist

Urist Guest

Nvm... My brain finally turned on... Long day at work...

3. Thorn

Thorn Guest

Hello all, I made a map!

[img=Towers of Gold KAG Map]http://usera.ImageCave.com/Thorn/Towers_Of_Gold.png[/img]

The Story:

Once upon a time there was a kingdom so rich with gold that they used gold for just about everything. The ceilings, decorations and even the floors of their homes and castles were often plated with copious amounts of gold, simply because there was so much of it to go around! And then one day the entire kingdom was wiped out by a plague and the once-prosperous civilization crumbled, yet leaving many of its beautiful monuments mostly intact.

Soon after, the King of the Reds caught wind of this. "A kingdom plentiful with gold and nobody to protect it?" He said to his advisor, "This is almost too good to be true. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yes milord," said the Red King's Advisor, "We should loot the shit out of it at once!"

"Rather!" declared the Red King, and he set off to assemble his army.

Unfortunately, Lord Blue also caught wind of this news at the same time and set off with his army as well. And so the two sides arrived at the majestic capital city of the crumbling kingdom determined to pillage more than the other. And if there were disputes, they would most certainly be decided by brutal, bloody combat!

Scenario:

Both armies begin the match with pre-built fortifications and secure vault spaces. The focus of the mission is on fast, dirty urban warfare inside the central city space. There is some gold to be found by digging but it is nothing compared to what is inside the castle, so the builders' role will be more suited to looting the gold while the knights and archers protect them and make sure they get the gold safely back to base. Building doors and walls within the city to thwart your enemies will also be a useful tactic.

Filename: Towers_Of_Gold.png
    Size: 512 x 160 (Large!)
    File size: 7.71 kb
    Recommended players: 12-32
    Other info: I recommend that the server increases the gold requirement to at least 40%; any less may make the matches end too quickly.

This map needs testing! I have tried to set up a server to do this but I have not successfully been able to do that yet :( (if you have any helpful suggestions please leave them in this thread http://kagforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=144). Also, if you end up hosting this map please leave me some feedback.

:) Enjoy!

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Looks excellent! I wonder what the gamplay is like....

5. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Wow Thorn! That is impressive.

6. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

People may be interested in taking a good look at the public dev version.

Takes out his wallet...

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Why you think that unlockable means paying money to unlock it?

EDIT: Ok, so I actually seen it - MM by made update which he hotfixed soon after. It was yesterday or so. I thought what was that but I wasn't given chance to see ask him it. Now I see it was mapeditor. (Basically it's just something like GodMode on map).

For more info watch this video: CLICK!

EDIT2: In the end of the movie there's link to donation page but I believe it's supposed to be "kag2d.com/donate" and not "kag2d/donate".

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

[​IMG]

This is PURE FIGHT map, not so lotsa needs of building stuff! I don't suggest playing in it with over 20 players :P

9. Thorn

Thorn Guest

Thanks! It was fun to build. The new CTF mode makes it kind of obsolete though.

10. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

I was playing it today on the test server. Not obsolete at all. The map is still good fun on CTF.

11. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Thorn's map is really nice (first castle map I've played), but It has a lot of dead-ends, and the whole castle isn't very archer friendly :P

12. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

I just made a map for Gaming Crew
    [​IMG]
    Hectic war oriented map!
    (feel free to remove the "Gaming Crew" from the centre of the map :3)

13. dwatring

Here are three maps (two edited), that I have just finished. They were designed for GoldHunt, but I'm sure they work just fine with CTF.

[​IMG]
    When the dwarves stock up on gold, two teams rush in to steal it all.
    (Originally created by Fructdw)
    [​IMG]
    Floating islands that are maneuverable with ladders built by the natives.
    [​IMG]
    A full underground cave system with a gold mine in the center.
    (originally created by Geti)

Let me know if they need tweaking or whatnot.

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's considered polite to give proper credit for parts of someone else's work you've used, dwatring. That last one is my almostflat map with some additions of your own - I'm fine with you using it but make sure you give correct attribution in the future, rather than just saying the maps are edited.

15. dwatring

Credit given. Actually had it written up, was going to edit the post once I got back from dinner.

16. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I have added many of the maps in this thread to www.kagcommunity.com

I've included a note about the original author and if you guys create accounts on the site I will re-assign the content so that it shows as having been authored by you.

17. dwatring

I'm going to start pumping out some pre-built maps for the community. Does anyone have any ideas?

18. DethChikkin

DethChikkin Guest

how do i load the color palletes i need for making maps in MT paint?

[​IMG]

my first big scale map, with unique but equal defenses (i will have to tweak some things here and there). there is gold deposits for each base and smaller ore spots inside the two mountains, which i wanted as a focus of battle. terrain is unforgiving (near the center and underground that is) and spike pits are slightly harder to simply dig out of.

[​IMG]

same as above, only with one very small tower and a standard spike pit for each base. otherwise untouched terrain.

19. dwatring

Use Paint.net. It's much easier to create pallets.

I see you edited your post. Love the statue on Map #1

20. dwatring

[​IMG]
    Quadrilateral land. Yep.