1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Premium kag and the future.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dwatring, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

A quick question, when you purchase premium does that mean you've purchased the game even it's future full release?

2. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Yes, unless there is a big price jump, in which case the money you paid for premium will go towards the purchase of the full game (so if you paid $10, you'll get $10 off the full game, should it ever be necessary).
    Then again, it could stay F2P, in which case premium is the only time you'll have to pay. Not entirely sure what the final decision is on it.

3. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

I always thought deep down inside that destroying bedrock was stupid.

Really glad that's being changed for a trial at least.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@NEMS: yes, buying now ensures you get the final version of KAG even if there's a price jump.

We're migrating some of the more ambitious ideas that we've had to a TODO list for the future. They might be in another game, but not KAG.

5. Slather

Slather Bison Rider

Yes!!! for all that is good and decent, please get rid of sideways ladders! I'm going gold pretty soon anyway, but I've been waiting for them have the design sensibility to remove them for the last 50 builds. There's already three ways to the enemy's flag: over(climb), under(dig), and through(bomb,dig, and attack!). Anyway, the new plans look great! Bring on War Mode :0

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Unfortunately we still have people who seem to say 'MM reintroduced it so it should stay.' Which I just... slap them for.

7. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Which ideas won't be in KAG? :o

8. prostosuper

prostosuper Haxor

Creative Mod should be in the Premium version of game. Let me explain: mostly, the people, who bought Premium account are more conscious, rather than who didn't. It would be very easy to grief around in Creative Mod for the latter caste of players.

9. SpitfireXero

You have a little more explaining to do because that doesn't really make sense, no offense.

10. prostosuper

prostosuper Haxor

If you got the Premium, it means that you're more adequate, because you paid for the game. You don't want to grief, because you can be banned quite easily, can you? So what's the point of money wastage?

In Creative Mode, people, who didn't buy the game, can grief everything without any doubts.

11. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Except they would be vote kicked like normal.

12. prostosuper

prostosuper Haxor

Believe me, it's very hard to convince 4 or 6 people to mark somebody in the player list. Even if I ask to kick an overt griefer.

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Not so in a creative server. In ace of spades it's very easy to kick people out in building servers, harder in normal servers. Why? Because often several people will be together working on one project and will all want the person griefing out, so they will mark them. Also people who go in building servers often talk to each other more, so likely people will communicate about marking griefers much more than normal.

14. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Well you have to consider the mentality of the players of each gametype. In the current capture the flag, a lot of players don't even look at the chat box. And some are too focused on getting the flag to give a damn. However, in creative, I feel it would be much friendlier, since there is no competition. Since everyone is building, they'd all get pretty pissed if someone was wrecking everything.
    Wow neat, way to say the same thing as me at a slightly faster speed.

15. prostosuper

prostosuper Haxor

Dear Neat and Catakus, I haven't played Creative Mod yet. I'm talking about CTF, of course.

16. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Neither have we, but we're saying that the atmosphere will most likely be different in creative mode, since it is building focused. Greifers will quickly be kicked by the players.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@SpitfireZeroX: Nothing on that list, hopefully. Mechanisms and religion are the two big things that we're leaving out for now - if we have the time and KAG brings in the money, we'll happily make a spiritual sequel, and maybe give gold players a discount to encourage migration.

18. SpitfireXero

D'aw, mechanisms won't be in KAG? Not sure if I understand you correctly :P But a spiritual sequel would be cool.

19. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Spiritual as in religious buildings and classes? Buffs/debuffs kinda thing?

20. SpitfireXero

Spiritual sequels aren't sequels per se, but they have the "spirit" of the original game. That's what it means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.