1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"Premium players cannot be kicked"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bromite, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bromite

Bromite Shipwright

But there is a need. The reason it hasn't happened yet is because this game still has a fairly small community at the moment. As the community grows, more and more people will flood in, and there will be more and more 12 year olds buying Premium with mommy's credit card so they can grief. It's happened with Terraria, it's happened with Minecraft, it'll happen here. "It's never happened" is not a valid reason to not do it anyway. It wouldn't be a hugeass thing for the devs to change, it wouldn't be hurting anyone other than Premiums who use their status to walk all over free players, and unless you are one of those people, there's no reason to complain if it were taken out.

2. Mathewson

Mathewson Shopkeep Stealer

do you lose your real money in terraria? do you lose your real money in minecraft? i dont think so...
    if 1 out of 100 is doing it.... in a month thats fine with me. its a good statistic ;)

Freeuser griefer are a far bigger problem then your little ignorance about goldmembers not kickable, because they HAVE to play normal and always have.

IF Goldmembers are being reported frequently then there will be countermeasures, but for now this solution from back thne works perfect and the goldmember concept is working fine.

Noburu likes this.
  3. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

And as the community grows, we'll have more trustworthy guards to keep the peace and more players who take an active part in reporting griefers. This isn't an absolute necessity because of how the community moderates itself. Really, I'm not sure making premiums kickable would do much good; how often do kicks get off before entire buildings have collapsed, and how often are they employed in the first place?

Mathewson likes this.
  4. Bromite

Bromite Shipwright

And? What is wrong with making Premiums kickable? What harm could it POSSIBLY do? Reporting does no good if you're in the middle of a match and a Premium member decides you aren't playing the way he wants you to. Also, the aforementioned 12 year olds won't give a fraction of a shit if they lose money or not, they'll do it anyway. They're still free to ruin a match, and be banned AFTERWARD. But what good does that do if you're in the middle of a match and this happens? I cannot comprehend how this could negatively affect things in the slightest. I can agree that it's not an "OMG THIS IS BREAKING THE GAME FIX IT NOW" issue. There are many, many things that need to be fixed first. There are barely enough premiums to warrant this, but I'm just saying that, further down the line, it's something that the devs will want to take a look at.

5. Mathewson

Mathewson Shopkeep Stealer

every game has his dark sides ;) live with it
    and yeah.... kag is very corrupt. you buy immunity ;)
    but with a bunch of rules which are more of a burden

6. Bandwagonman

Bandwagonman Shopkeep Stealer

Well, once they release premium content, all the premium players will flock to the premium servers for their premium fun. That still doesn't mean that a premium can't play in a normal server with their non-premium friends or whatever.

7. Bromite

Bromite Shipwright

You know what? No. No I will not live with it. You have not been able to give me a single good reason why making Premium members kickable would negatively affect any aspect of the game whatsoever. Instead you just repeat "BUT IT'S NEVER HAPPENED!"
    Well whoopdeefuckingshit, it's never happened now, has it? Unless you're a psychic who can predict the future and see that no premium member will never ever act like a douchebag for the rest of time, then that argument doesn't mean shit. I'm sorry if I seem rude, but I'm fed up with this. Unless you have a truly good reason why KAG would be ruined if Premiums could be kicked like everyone else, then don't bother replying.

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Premium members are kickable. Guards can kick them.

Why does this need 2 pages of back and forth? If you have a problem with a premium player, go on irc, rant and rave for a mod, and they will come on and inspect what is going on. Kay?

9. Bromite

Bromite Shipwright

Because we were discussing whether or not normal players not being able to kick Premiums was a problem or not.

10. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This turning into a flame war so I'm locking it down.

There is a very clear reason why gold members have kick immunity - as an anti-griefing measure.
    You may see it as the inverse, but we used to have a big problem with vote-kick griefing (griefers making up shit to get legit people kicked). Premium kick-immunity proved an effective counter, at least for the players that cared enough to pay up.

Besides that, people that grief get banned (provided that people report them with enough evidence).
    If a griefer wants to shell out $10 for kick-immunity every time they want to spend a few days griefing, so be it. I'm happy every time Geti and MM receive money for making this awesome game.
    But guess what? That hasn't happened yet. No griefer has decided that its worth money to be able to screw around like that.

Gold kick-immunity is not unfair simply because people who buy gold have a lot more reason for us to assume they are legit.
    It is completely fair and has good reason to back it up.

This is extremely unlikely to change because it works.

If you wish to discuss it further I will accept PMs on the subject or we can take it to IRC.
    I want to make it clear that this is a legitimate topic to discuss but certain people taking part in it have not been civil enough for it to continue on this forum.

Noburu, who, illu and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.