1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Preparing to Launch!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It'll be included in the mods/ folder of vanilla kag, but will also download from servers hosting it like regular mods.

NinjaCell and AcidSeth like this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Not even the counter-jinx of "hahaha, yeah right" could protect them from all things NOT going according to plan, apparently.

AcidSeth, NinjaCell, 101i and 3 others like this.
  3. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

its just a mod it doesnt need to be polished and stuff. geti, you should just release it idc about bugs it only an example anyway

4. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Have you just said that the mod which is an example for other mods can be bugged?

Edit:
    It's english now I guess

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

how to into English

if I remember correctly, there were a few game breaking bugs that were causing problems and were getting rooted out. server stability also wasn't that good until recently as you lagged hard with like 6+ people.

Apronymous likes this.
  6. also if you release it bugged, there will be just more people bitching

7. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

well, maybe im wrong.. it's just that we have been waiting a while, but i guess i just need to have some patience

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Dropping in with an update; I wasn't working yesterday in preparation for leaving for Europe, there was mostly tasks for MM but he evidently didn't get the release out. I'll be in and out of airports for the next 32 hours or so, so won't be available.

Via our internal todo list/task tracker:
    Code:
    MM: Didn't release. I was overwhelmed with stuff to do, fixes, tests etc. I feel KAG still isn't tested properly. I need you for days like this :/ Sorry
    Keep in mind that there are a bunch of KAG-related changes coming this build too that also need testing.

While MP testing for BV has been going quite well, I think Michal wants to write custom, significantly more efficient netcode for it. I'm not sure how long that will take, if it hints at cutting into next week we'll probably release with the "brute force" netcode in the meantime, once KAG testing is properly handled.

A little disappointed that he didn't get a post in here, but he's never been so good at that side of stuff. Sorry to leave you guys hanging.

9. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

A late release is better than a bad release! Keep up the good work, hope to see it soon!

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

In the meantime everyone please feel free to vent their frustration about the delay on either @Yagger or @Hella's profiles.

('though seriously, don't; that would be bad, and funny, but also mean >_>)

Vampire, emasame, NinjaCell and 5 others like this.
  11. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Seems appropriate. Although @Geti is much sexier than that horse face Sarah Jessica Parker.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Bint, Sir_Walter, NinjaCell and 6 others like this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ironic that... ::P:

Guitarman, Bint, Sir_Walter and 4 others like this.
  13. franek123

14. Fancy way to kill yourself.

Sir_Walter and Guitarman like this.
  15. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I thought that you couldn't choose what blocks to place, so there is no way to do this on purpouse?

16. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

You can't choose which blocks to place next, but you can choose where and what orientation to place them in. There's still a lot of creative choice in designing your ships.

17. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Would be nice to rearrange the separate blocks here and there.. owo
    Like.. move the bomb bits to a separate ship for torpedos and so forth. :D

18. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

you can already do that tho.

@Arcrave trying to send huge ship sized torpedoes and us and it circumvents the map and hits his ship again.

19. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wait... isnt the world a large cube? It wouldn't just circumvent, it would pretty much... like... edge across... fall right off the edge 4 times before reaching that bastards ship xD

20. franek123

U going to get rekt