1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Problematic Water

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by 101i, Nov 5, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Well at least remove it from the default map pool.

Problems:

-Gets messy if a game goes on too long.
    -No-one uses boats unless the above has happened (and they are stupid).
    -Drowning traps are inefficient.
    -Drowning/water hides half the stone on the map from builders.*
    -Knight combat in water is the definition of cancer, less water = less fighting in it.*
    -Traveling up water is a huge pain.
    -Fighting up water causes stalemates because of the disadvantage.*

Suggestions:

-Keep the water in maps in bedrock so they can't engulf the bottom half of the map.* (Default maps)
    -Remove water from CTF. (Default maps)
    -Make boats cheaper.
    -Buff sponges.

Personal Favourite map explained:
    JTG_BoulderLake.png
    -Water Doesn't flood half the maps since no-one tunnels (bedrock makes tunneling hell, the area under the water is pretty much pointless since you can't tunnel from it).
    -High back walls are common tower spots, the two large pillars in the middle give both teams really strong defensive positions. But nothing to ridiculous since they are close together, and once you've lost the middle you are going to have a hard time reclaiming it Ultimately giving builders a good reason too push.
    -Furthest back flags are hard to defend, making up for the huge potential stalemate towers.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. 101i

Fixed the cancer in my OP, sorry.

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Then why remove water from CTF?

101i likes this.
  4. 101i

I see your point; however I didn't mean implement all of them, I imagine you would go with one or the another.

5. Agree with this. Combat in water is just really annoying. It kind of turns into one of the KAG Alpha RTDM knight battles, with the 2 knights slash-dancing until one fucks up. On the normal terrain, at least we can use the stuff around us to gain an advantage. Plus, boats are expensive, takes a lot of people t defend one. I mean seriously, one knight lobs a bomb into one of the armored boats and the whole team is fucked. Water can really ruin a match when one idiot decides he's gonna flood the tunnels or something. Then half the stone is gone, like what 101i said.

6. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

since tunnels cost gold, building boatshops is just a waste of ressources.

101i likes this.
  7. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Not only does map = stalemates, after a while, lower-grade computers start to have a hard time keeping up, and has led me to be able to only camp at base, talking with my team, since I can't even walk outside the front door without being bombarded by 4 FPS.
    Sure, you could argue that it's all erosion of dirt and such, but it happens much quicker on Water maps.

Also, the only practical use of any boats that I'd seen was a long time ago, when a builder bought a Dinghy, filled it with burgers, and then brought it to the frontlines for our team to feast (while slaying filthy reds in the process).

101i likes this.
  8. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Lmao thought this was 'problematic Walter'
    Anyway I'm confused- is the map you're complaining about boulde lake?

icemusher likes this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

should add rafts to the main game for knight combat :D

10. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think he is meaning that all maps with water are terrible, BUT that the certain map there is actually not bad.

PUNK123 likes this.
  11. 101i

I enjoy playing on boulder lake, I feel like it uses water really well to, most other maps are cancer though.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  12. Yeah, me too.

13. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

What are you talking about; water is by far my favorites feature of KAG. It provides unsurpassed mobility, greatly deepens gameplay and enjoyability, has the potential to completely ruin and lag up a map, may cause spontaneous combustion (waiting on lab data), and makes knights just too easy for archers to troll.

(Before I get rage comments, that was majorly sarcastic. Take from it what you will; then, I expect you to rage at my poor sarcasm.)

14. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

Maybe if water applied to physics and didn't multiply like a goddamn virus it would be fine.

Sytoplasma likes this.
Mods: Rainbows