1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Progress, setbacks, boats and ropes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Mellian-Quar-Xililix - no, because of what ockpii said. Also, it needs to work with non-hardcoded content -> we couldn't control the order for most things anyway.

@Noburu: sure, though honestly I'd rather get better moderation tools together than rule out something as fun as roping an enemy archer onto a boulder in a catapult and firing it for the sake of combatting griefing.

2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

sorry geti... :(

3. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I'm thinking of that scene in the AC:3 Demo , where Connor hanged the man from a tree.

4. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

But does the game take into account the weight difference, for example can the Boulder attached to a player (with a rope) pull the player down from a cliff (if the stone heavier than the player)?

5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I hope you can use the rope for some mission impossible like stuff, maybe a builder hoisting a knight down to grab the flag. Making sure you don't trip the alarm of course.

6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

So, I take it we can make those classic traps then with rope being attachable to pretty much everything?
    Rope+Boulder+Ceiling= classic mario trap.

Some questions(I hope I can get answered)
    Will we be able to put multiple ropes on people/stuff?
    Like there is a group climbing a castle, the last guy has a rope attached to the middle guy, the middle guy has a rope attached to the first and last guy, and the last guy has one attached to the middle guy.

This being a question of "It would be awesome if we could, but I doubt we can".
    Will we be able to build block rams?( Acts like blocks falling to the ground, only thing different being the direction)
    So that we can also use blocks to attack people in a horizontal line.
    (What I mean= we can drop blocks vertically on opponents, by attaching rope to the block we are about to drop it will act as a ram for sometime wiping out anything horizontally in its line).

Gamerbro likes this.
  7. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Like a wrecking ball?
    Oh god yes.

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Wrecking ball? Are we getting a playable Bruce Springsteen class that destroys enemies by rocking the shit out of them for 3 hours solid?

Ghozt, Jomppexx, Gamerbro and 3 others like this.
  9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

erm... YES!

LetsplayCmansez and lukepop like this.
  10. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

[​IMG]
    Relevance not withstanding.

Gofio likes this.
  11. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

or put two ropes on a boat attach one to the bottom of an enemy tower, next attatch the other rope to a pulley then pull the pulley and enemy tower= Gone:B): , or it would break the boat :(

Gofio likes this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah stuff can swing, stuff moves around with masses important (this has involved me rewriting so much physics code you wouldn't believe) and boulders + ropes are terrifying/dangerous. Still have to get a good interface for "just tying rope to thing" because currently stuff needs a dedicated rope attachment point. Should be sorted by the time it gets to you guys

13. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I imagine you have plans already which make this suggestion pointless, but for simplicities sake might it be worthwhile having a/some special blocks for attaching them to structures?

Jomppexx and Froghead48 like this.
  14. The fact that you guys take a single idea and turn it into 50 different features is awesome. Can't wait to see those rope traps.

By the way, Geti, are we getting the things in this picture? I'm not sure what this falls under.. (CTF Total Full Premium/Extra junk that isn't needed)

[​IMG]

Slanted wooden roofing, archer slits, double stone blocks, some crazy backwall (maybe just older designs replaced w/ what we have now) and those intense siege weapons. A lot of this stuff looks really cool, but I'm not sure if it falls under that 'Premium Poster' category or not.

Ghozt likes this.
  15. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I am pretty sure archer slits have been mentioned and I think bigger blocks have been considered.

16. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That picture is a mockup Geti made (not from in-game). Wooden blocks of course are already in the game and larger than one square blocks are planned.

Ghozt likes this.
  17. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

All the better to set fire to. (New class, the Pyro.)

18. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Sabeteur*

19. ST33LDI9ITAL

ST33LDI9ITAL Catapult Fodder

I say go for the new reworked physics implementation! It would just make everything that much better and more in-depth, which is just what a game like this craves and needs. It would also help down the road for more creative uses in-game and for possible mods. Good physics means alot. All hard work will pay off in the end.

Ghozt and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  20. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I can already see the cool traps being made with ropes and boulders. Hmmm... I'll make a mock up picture of what a really simple and probably crappy trap would look like using boulders and ropes.
    Simple Trap.png
    Just cut the ropes and BAM!

Froghead48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.