1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Progress, setbacks, boats and ropes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Blob is a generic term for all the objects in the game: characters, shops, blocks, etc. When they are done adding and recoding it all, server owners will basically be able to alter everything. You could make knights be able to break stone again, but take 10x longer than a builder for example. You can already alter a lot of things like item prices and wood per chop.

Ghozt and HERaLD like this.
  2. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

Well then I guess Ill wait for this update and not complain because time is gold

King Arthur's Gold Hur hur hur...

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thank you for a little more info, Geti. As I said earlier: notching has to go, but not knowing much about what is to be implemented instead created some angst--which you have set to rest marvelously. :) Increasing the relevance of momentum retains (and, in my mind at least, actually improves) the possibility for Parkour related activities.
    Actually, I wasn't thinking about deeeep holes (more the medium sized ones), but I agree that encouraging people to think before they jump in a pit is a good thing.

Also, something Wonkyth and I were discussing just yesterday: what about attaching ropes to ballista bolts? That way you could either create rope ladders by firing an untethered line at the top of a castle or, better yet, fire a teathered line across a gap to create a zip-line:
    ropeladder+zipline.png

Could something like this be a possibility?

4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

fwiw you can already swing on ropes.

btw watch out for that tree.

DrZaloski, Noburu and One like this.
  5. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

:O
    WE CAN SWING ON ROPES!?

6. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

[​IMG]
    THE BEST UPDATE SO FAR

(other than zombies)

7. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

This UPDATE Brings EPIC GAMEPLAY FOR KAG :)

This helps for bridging easily (ROPEing).
    unlike building bridge is so hard need more supports .
    but still teh rope is highly vulnerable .

8. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Finally I will be able to go full marine.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

FBB: maybe, though interacting with the actual rope line isn't possible at this point (just each end) it is something we're working on. Only issue would be ensuring that the rope was actually long enough I guess, and the issues of syncing something like that over the network. We're likely gonna have to avoid the idea of proper rope physics because of net syncing stuff - sending information about multiple subdivisions of an object would be ok with 1 object, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that there are going to be tens or hundreds of ropes active in any one game once there are mechanisms going ;)

Swinging on ropes is very possible though, I've got a few test maps of that at the moment to test the new physics for parkour and the possibility of a grapple item.

Noburu, Gofio, MooCowMan and 2 others like this.
  10. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

When will the ropes jump on test build?
    or can "We" test them?

11. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Most likely not.

This sounds quite cool, the way that you put the 'no notching' actually get's me excited to have no notching. It's still KAG and I still love it.

delankski likes this.
  12. CoD

CoD Haxor

Well...I can't wait.

delankski and Ghozt like this.
  13. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yeah I was expecting a fairly minimal -well minimal meant in the broadest way possible - update, with fire, water buckets and ropes and maybe a couple of other bits, sounds like we're in for much more now, awesome. Also seems like you guys are getting your plans for war mode overall really focused now which is good news too.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  14. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

So... Boats, fire and ropes will be added in next update, or something other too (like balista) ?

15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Sounds like that also a tech tree, new gamemode, improved fullCTF, more modding possibilities (AngelScript?), notching be taken out in WAR and fullCTF, more block types, more siege weapons and mechanisms.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

delankski and Gofio like this.
  17. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Soo... update will be like in September? :c

To Geti: Please let us know where update could be released, beacuse it's vacations, and most people will go off. I'm one of them, and I want to be on that update release. Thank you.

Villekille707 and Ghozt like this.
  18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

thers no way I could have said that better.

19. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Yeah Worm, they will probably add the ballista!

20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh yessssssssssssssssss! Finally... awesome updates coming! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.