1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Progress, setbacks, boats and ropes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Overworld being planned. Classes (and other stuff) being planned for Overworld. Overworld cancelled. War mode replaces Overworld. Classes (and other stuff) being planned for War mode. War mode = Overworld. Overworld was never cancelled.

Overworld War mode FTW!!!

LetsplayCmansez likes this.
  2. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Developers did took overworld as system of generation multiple maps in one world, and connecting them. Still sad that we will be not able to kick necromancers butts with heavy barabian :c
    *Hopes that will overworld be there*

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  3. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

tech makes this sound like age of empires, will blocks be researchable so you start with just wood blocks and one workshop the laboratorary.

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That would be awesome. Researching tech for things.. like from wood, stone, metal and so on. (not sure about the metal.. but meh)

5. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Can anybody tell me what the heck is WARMODE?

In full detail format :)

after that i'll say THANKYOU VERY MUCH!

EDIT: Thanks HERaLD , i'm such a lazy Fag to read the whole posts.

6. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Go 2 pages back, Geti said it. C:

delankski and Rayne like this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If we knew when the update would be released, we'd tell you. Before the deadline, naturally. If we could tell you when that was, we'd tell you. Sooner than September, I'll tell you that much.
    Yes, that is a very scary prospective date.

Either way, yes next large update will have at least most of the modding API there, angelscript integration blobs and components and gamemodes, completely new attachment system, inventory system (may or may not sneak into classic), interaction bubbles, and a bunch of vanilla content to serve as both modding examples and the vanilla game.

There might be a hotfix on a completely separate branch of the code for some of the smaller issues in the meantime, depends how long we have to hold what we have.
    Test build will get this stuff later - it wont be public though, by design.

8. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Oh, I do wish that the devs would be a bit more tight lipped about the major updates.
    Because I'm going insane here! :eek::p:QQ::skull:

EDIT: The inventory system is still in? Now I'm completely insane.
    (thought it went with Overworld)

delankski likes this.
  9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You're missing the part where it's fun to troll you by showing you a magical cake and then saying you can't eat it just yet... :p

Ghozt and delankski like this.
  10. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

B... but... It's not fun for me! :(

11. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Heh, its even worse when we know what we are going to get, isnt it?

KnightGabe13 and Villekille707 like this.
  12. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Lol i agree :)

I must use a brain wash machine. And don't know what happened today.

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Cock teasing...
    :|
    </br>--- merged: Jul 1, 2012 8:22 AM ---</br>
    Question... do we get armor as well? Like since we got the ability to upgrade stuff in war mode, are we able to upgrade armor as well? Meaning going from no-armored (with clothes mind u), to wooden armor, to stone armor and then to steel or iron armor. That also inclides weapons, for the knight you can have just fists, then wooden sword, then stone and then iron or steel swords :)

Im just throwing this out there.. some food for thought. c:

lukepop likes this.
  14. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Everyone LOVES stone armor...

Ghozt and KnightGabe13 like this.
  15. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

And I have to ask: There will be any use for old piano soundtrack played in advanced moving in old builds? It could be used in build-time in war mode :P

Ghozt likes this.
  16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hey... shush... it's just a suggestion... put some positive feedback in there D:

17. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

But I think a armor/weapon upgrading system wouldn't be very good for KAG. I think War is going to be more likely to get Classes then an over complicated system(s). A knight is meant to go to the battlefield after buying one or two bombs, not go builder, get wood, then stone, then iron, then go back to knight, THEN go fight, then die, then repeat because they got shot by an archer a bit.

KnightGabe13 and delankski like this.
  18. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Wow! This looks like really cool. I think that sailboats should need wind for motion, so let's improve game with simple wind system like Worms, and any bombs will fly better forward the wind, also boats can be VERY agile with this. Also it must be leeser knockbacking force from bombs, so nobody wil lcan simply overjump any lake. Hey! I said lake? I meant epic SEAS!:B): Yes, now maps may be an archipelago with great role of water.
    P.S. Also I'm looking foward for firing system;) I think it will greatly increase epicness of battles. How about firing enemy forests and wooden castles to ashes, also firing boats? I hope. I wait;)

delankski likes this.
  19. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Awesome stuff going on I see :D
    But I haven't seen it aswered if vaulting will be removed for war mode, guessing it will as its the same mechanic as notching.
    And is slash vaulting a feature? Or will it be removed?

20. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I think it's going to be removed along with notching, I've heard some people say that it's not an intended feature, though I can't find any quotes for you. :huh?:

-insert rant about people deleting posts to troll here-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.