1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Puzzle appreciation general.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guro, Aug 19, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Anyone here on the forums have an interest in rubiks cubes or other such puzzles? If so, feel free to post pictures and discuss. I currently own several 2x2 rubiks cubes, a 3x3 cube, 2 4x4 cubes and a 5x5 cube. I also enjoy jigsaw puzzles and own several metal brainteaser puzzles which are pretty fun to mess around with. It's fairly easy to make certain types of puzzles out of wood or metal if you have the right equipment too, so if anyone has experience with that I'd love to hear about it.

My personal best time for the 3x3 is 17.4 seconds. My solve times for the other cubes are not particularly impressive.

If you want to learn how to solve the rubiks cube, click HERE.
    If you want to learn how to make a 2x2 cube out of paper, click HERE. (or just buy one you cheapskate)

EDITUU: My 6x6 and 7x7 cube arrived yesterday. They're pretty fun. New PB for 3x3 @ 17.4 seconds with an OLL skip.

Also I'm back for good and stuff.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    Beef, UnnamedPlayer, Hella and 2 others like this.
  2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I used to have a 3x3 with a best of about 40-50 seconds, not sure. It disappeared and I've considered buying another one because it's amazing for manual dexterity and general boredom.

Seriously. Rubik's cubes are so satisfying.

3. i figured out how to solve 3x3 myself, with no help. my method isnt very efficient (my solve time is measured in minutes), but it feels so cool anyway

NinjaCell and Anonymuse like this.
  4. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Literally gave up in like 2 minutes. It was just too hard initially and I wanted to look cool.

5. I can solve 3x3 in 4 minutes. With the algorithms in front of me.

6. >peels the colors off and matches them
    10/10

7. That's what we all do to solve cubes.

Mods: BlueLuigi