1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Question for players who bought Premium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xlayer, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I was thinking about buying it before the price goes up. My question: If you bought KAG, was it worth it?

2. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Supporting the developers of a good game is always worth it!

SARGRA13 likes this.
  3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I've bought two premiums. It was worth it both times.

BlueLuigi and Nighthawk like this.
  4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Its like buying a good wine. It only gets better and more expensive with age.... So its a very economic and worthwhile idea to buy it early and let it mature in your possession. Like wine this game will only get better as time goes on.

5. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

You know what makes an ordinary man a Samurai? HIS KABUTO!
    Well, not really, but it easily gives him a million levels in badass!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Hmm, I think it's best to decide for yourself, I got Kag using money my grandfather sent me for my birthday... and yes it was worth it, a premium player commands respect from the general populace of non-premium player, that said, players like Exid (Who is undoubtedly the best Australian knight I've ever seen. I use him as an example because he is non-premium.) Will not give you the respect you want until you earn it. premium servers, customizable heads and soon zombies! these are things we, the premium populace enjoy, and will come to enjoy, not to mention the devs, (Max and Michael) will be funded so they can make it even better for you.

And here's all you'll need to enjoy it, 10$... man that's less than I spend on cans of soft drink a week, so in this gamer's opinion, buy Kag, support the devs... Get hats!

P.S. @Asterix
    man its good to hear from you, I thought you'd gone into reclusion or something...

GHOZT likes this.
  7. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Yuss. ^-^

1. The heads identify you and your personality.
    2. It's better then playing 20 bucks.
    3. I ran out of ideas.......
    4. It's only $10.

8. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

It is kind of a silly question. Right now you can play the entire game for free, but for $10 (soon to be higher) you can support the developers and help drive development of even more features. Is it worth it to you to spend $10 on KAG?

I've been playing the game/hosting a server for a week. I bought it after the first day, no regrets whatsoever. We're only talking $10 here. Now if buying a game for $10 overdraws your bank account or something... please spend money on food/water/shelter first. Then buy KAG.

FuzzyBlueBaron, SARGRA13 and Wonkyth like this.
  9. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I bought KAG after playing 3 rounds. It seemed like a good idea to support the developers, the content planned for the full version of KAG looks great.

10. CrusaderKnight

CrusaderKnight Shark Slayer

Totally worth it, i think this game will rise high :)

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I was actually unsure when I first started. This is mostly do the fact that I am used to playing lots of games and lose interest after a month. I went a month without premium and I became more and more invested into the game. I became interested enough in this game that I actually was able to became a guard and still continue to play it. KAG has been one of the few games that held my interest long enough that I found it worth buying to continue supporting it.

12. DanPabst

DanPabst Shopkeep Stealer

I bought the game before I ever played it. 10$ is not a big deal, so in my opinion, even when the game will cost 25$ it will be worth it !

13. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Is zombies playable with other people, like on a server? Cause that and hats are two of the main things that interested me in Premium.

14. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

To be honest I'm a Hipster and bought KAG before it was even out 8D Jk, I had KAG a bit before premium and had sworn if they'd implement paid features I'd buy it.

15. Rioja

Rioja Ballista Bolt Thrower

Darksteel (play IMO?), i dont agree that 'a premium player commands respect from the general populace of non-premium player'. This is absolute rubbish.

But yeah, i haven't gotten premium, but i'm hoping too. Just for the later builds and such. I'd definitely recommend buying the game.

Valkyrie and Contrary like this.
  16. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Sure, even if the game goes to shit, I got my 10$ worth of fun from it.

Valkyrie likes this.
  17. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Actually, you'll find people are much more inclined to listen to you if you have a fancy looking head and gold tag, that said, Xlayer, Yes Zombies will be available in team match (It says so on the "Buy" page of www.kag2d.com, and there release is imminent... (Awesome) so now would be the time to by (save yourself 2$) and enjoy hats.

NOTE: Geti has said that zombies will be released early Febuary, however, this can mean anywhere between thw 1st and the 14th, and thats assuming it isn't delayed again.

18. Rioja

Rioja Ballista Bolt Thrower

They really arent. I couldnt give a flying monkeys if someone has a shiny name. If they suck, im not gonna hold back in telling them, and then attempt to give advice. If im honest, people w/out premium are much more inclined to listen to advice. It is extremely hard to bring premium players to their senses of they are building something wrong, or going all guns and blazing and losing half our unit count.

I dare say they are sometimes ignorant.

Ej and Rayne like this.
  19. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

Think of it this way.
    Do you enjoy the game?
    If you had to pay for it what would you pay right now?
    With the promised list of features what would you pay?

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's 10 bucks for what is the best indie game around, and by best I mean look around at the real games to make and at the indie games around, and then consider.

Look at Terraria: about 30 hours of content, 10 dollars, mostly shit, windows only it seems for the most part.
    Look at Minecraft: Shit, and it gets worse every build, wasn't worth the $5 when I paid for it, ain't worth it now.
    Look at commercial games in similar fields (-cough- TF2): Very little changes, very fun, but only actual changes are minor over time

Basically KAG while you might not find the premium as worth it to your person over the regular, that's because so far all we have is hats, with that said it's worth enough because it was fun as fuck just to mess around with hats, zombies will probably be worth it, and Overworld will make it a whole new damn game you're getting for the $10.

It's completely worth it, and I'd buy another if I ever needed it.

Rayne likes this.