1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Question for players who bought Premium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xlayer, Jan 30, 2012.

1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

People never seem to think players with shiny names are better, but there seem to be premiums that have suddenly have that opinion of themselves due to it. I've seen countless idiots recently that think they're better then skilled and experienced non-premiums only to get completely owned by them, not that that changes their opinion.

I bought the game after a couple of rounds and to be honest thought it was already paying a bit of cash for in the state it is, I liked the warm feeling of giving 10 dollars to an indie dev too and I like promoting anyone that does the whole alpha distribution thing because it's cool to see a game develop so significantly so quickly, and it's pretty simply a really cool and smart way of doing things.

While I agree that vanilla minecraft sucks, and I can't believe what the development team seem to regard as development with regards to it, there are fucking loads of awesome mods that make it pretty enjoyable for me. The kind of mods that make you think what the fuck are the people that you gave your money to doing if someone making mods in their spare time can pull out so much content and quality in the time mojang take to put 10 rectangles together and make an 8 bit skin of a wolf.

Chinizz and Tyngn like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's cool and smart as long as you don't play a Notch on everyone.

Noburu, Valkyrie, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  3. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Probably should have just refreshed the thread and made another post really should I? As I said above, couldn't agree more.

4. blubex

blubex Shipwright

I think you should buy it now before the Zombies mode comes out. I heard the price will be going up.

5. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I bought KAG and convinced 2 of my buddies to get it too!
    It is totally worth it, even just for my custom head ^_^

6. I love this game and its community so I bought it :D

There isn't much with a premium account, but it will be well worth the wait for new updates.

7. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

@the people talking about whether premiums automatically get respect
    Generally, I don't care what color a player's name is, but if I see a knight with a mustache, I subconsciously think that he is a better player. Likewise, archers and builders with certain heads give me a (completely irrational) sense that they are skilled with their class.

Chinizz, Wonkyth and Rayne like this.
  8. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I agree. If I see a knight with a crown, its kind of intimidating. I've decided to buy gold this sunday and enjoy the premium hats and ZOMBIEZ.

9. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

KABUTO POWAAA!

10. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Fact: in the dark ages a Knight with a large moustache was considered good, because had lived long enough to grow it that long.

Also, Xlayer, was it this thread that made you decide to buy?

11. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I use the blind head, it makes it HILARIOUS when I have a good game with an archer.
    "I can't seeeee yooou" ;)

12. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

So the average life expectancy of a post-pubescent knight in the "dark ages" was about 3-6 months? ;)

13. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

You're not gonna get a walrus moustache that fast.

FuzzyBlueBaron, AnRK and Rayne like this.
  14. SirEndgame

SirEndgame Shopkeep Stealer

KAG was personally my report card gift (I get like $10 -$15 every report card if I do good).

Best report card gift ever.

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I look at it this way... I played for about 15 minutes before I decided I would become horribly, HORRIBLY obsessed with this game. There isn't a whole lot to it just yet (although, TDM and CTF have kept me quite busy), but with the promise of so much awesome shit coming our way and supporting a bunch of cool dudes (Soldat was another one of the few obsessions of mine!) developing independent games. It was probably some of the best $10 I've ever spent.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I fucking HATE MMO games, so this was a pleasant surprise.

16. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

cant wait for the updates. I couldnt wait for sunday to come and bought it today. loving the heads so far!

17. thebonesauce

That was probably a really good idea since the Zombies update might come before Sunday, and the price jumps up a bit.

18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I wish the contest would end quickly so I know whether or not to buy the game!

19. thebonesauce

What contest?

20. DanPabst

DanPabst Shopkeep Stealer

I think he's talking about the Google+ contest