1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

ok my question regards to this piece of code in generator zombie default
    Code:
    # area_generator = wang tiles grid; wang tile width; wang tile height;
    #                  area left corner x (% of map width); area upper corner y (%of map height);
    #                  area width (max); area height (max); randomization of size (0 none - 100 full); dungeon 0/1
    in my attempt to understand this i drew this picture
    helpme.JPG
    regarding the picture:
    the variable corresponds to each number
    1. area width (max)
    2. area height (max);
    3. area left corner x (% of map width);
    4/yellow arrow area upper corner y (%of map height);
    So that is right, right?

What is randomization? Does that mean that at 0 it will always 100% fill all of the max area and that there is a chance nothing will appear when it is 100??
    finally what is dungeon variable relating too?
    finally how do i change the chances of what you spawn with? because 99% of the time it is 2 knights and 4? skeletons.

2. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

Hi, I'm relatively new to the game. I was trying out Multiplayer the other day. Trying out a server called "Reuben Sandwich Survival", rather strange abilities occurred in the game by other players. They could stand in one place and yet build the fortress with super speed. Around the top/the ceiling of the fortress a lot of thick rock appeared and could be mined. How was this possible? I asked, but no one would answer.
    Also, with the first few sessions, if I died I was able to respawn at dawn after just a handful of minutes. In the last game, it said I had to wait 30. What was up with all of this?

3. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

The first thing you have described is the editor. Admins on that server have a editor enabled and can spawn blocks at will.
    Same for second one (they can spawn any kind of block).
    The third one is a bug. Please rejoin to fix it.

4. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

Ah! Thank you very much for the reply. *Nods head*

5. Hadensoz

Hadensoz Catapult Fodder

Oink~

Hey O! My names Haden. I also go by Hogger.
    I've been playing the game for 2 weeks now,and my skills have gotten worse :D Just to lazy to get active on the forums.

Anyway,i'm a kind person and prefer to play with my friends and I like to try and commit to forums as much as I can. I also like to try and resolve some forum fights because,lets be honest,fighting over how the archer spams to much or how op bombs are get old.

I also have a question. can I make a clan that has a similar name to another? I'm sure it would be ok but I think the other clan would be annoyed.

6. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

If you want to introduce yourself somewhere specifically for that purpose, try here.

In respect to your question about clan names, it all depends upon how similar the name will be. Clans generally prefer it if their name isn't stolen.

7. Hadensoz

Hadensoz Catapult Fodder

Ty for the reply, couldn't find were to intro myself.
    The other clan was call BOAR and in the future I wanted to make HOGS. I guess ill see what happens xD.

8. yes you can. Ive got a clan under the name BEAR and the same with [BoW] there BOB and BORE, just dont repeat:)

9. Hadensoz

Hadensoz Catapult Fodder

Ty!
    And also,
    "OLOY- Only Losers obey Yolo;):bird:"
    Amazing signature.

10. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

just ask the existing clan's leader in advance. That should save you a lot of trouble.

11. lol ty, changing it, and as dnmr said, Ask leaders you sont wanna be shutting down your clan an getting a warning do you?

12. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

Is there a feature ingame on KAG where it lets you record or take a screenshot ingame?

13. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

You can take screenshots with F4 and found them in KAG/Screenshots
    There is actually no feature about recording in-game.

14. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

Damn no recording. Thanks for answering though.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 28, 2012 12:14 PM ---</br>
    What does API stand for?
    :p Another question.

15. dnmr

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=api
    Please refrain from asking questions that are easily googlable

16. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Is it possible to fix alt tabbing problems with kag, im running windows 7 and when i alt tab and return to kag the top third/quarter is blue. If i then alt tab again 2 thirds/quarters are blue, if i repeat the process the whole screen eventually becomes blue. I looked at the faq's and read the thread it suggested and asked on irc but no-one knew how to fix it. :(

17. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

can my question be answered at all?

18. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

GT, your question is probably better asked in the modding forums, and you've been here long enough to damn well know that. :P

19. your question toast?

20. dnmr

Mods: Gurin