1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

Why is my ping always different depending on the server? On some, it's 33 (even 0 sometimes) and on others it's 133... I've been playing this game for a very long time and ping is still confusing to me...

2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

you have better (lower ping) if the server is hosted close to you (for example if you are from poland, you will have good ping at servers in germany, mid ping at servers in usa (166-233), and bad ping at servers in australia

and your ping is higher when a country the server is hosted in is far away from your country.

3. what wormy said - ping is a measure of the time taken to get from your computer to the server and back, and of course distance affects ping. For example, if you live in the east of the US, you will always have the lowest ping on an Eastern US server, and the worst ping on a server the most physical distance from your computer.

4. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

and if your ping is 0 you're probably horribly lagging.
    don't always rely on it, it's bugged (if you're not sure ask other players to tell you your ping, it'll be more accurate)

5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

yeah once it said that i have 66 ping but someone told me that i have 233 ping <.>

6. KingXandercosm

Strange about the fake pings... But thanks for the info! Ya learn something new every day!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 10, 2014, Original Post Date: May 3, 2014 ---
    Hey, how do you search for players and clans on this forum? The UI is really counter intuitive...

7. To search for players, click on the members section at the top of the forums. Then enter the player's name on the middle right. For clans, go to the Groups page. Then click on the Clans page. Look for the clan there!

8. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Or just use search bar in top right corner of every page.

9. KingXandercosm

Well, the search bar only finds posts.

But cool, icemusher, just one of the little things I was confused by...

10. bout

bout Shark Slayer

*cough*

IMGURCHUJ.png

11. KingXandercosm

Oh...
    --- Double Post Merged, May 14, 2014, Original Post Date: May 14, 2014 ---
    I have a huge problem! All of a sudden, my ping has decided to be extremely high in all servers, including US ones (I'm US). So what the hell?! What do you think happened?

12. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Happens sometimes. maybe someone in your house is downloading film/game/anything? It will get fixed, don't worry. Maybe in 15 minutes, maybe in 2 hours...

13. Ping spikes are almost always related to heavy bandwidth use - someone else in your house or on your connection is downloading or streaming something, and there is not enough bandwidth on your connection left over for your uses. In this case, all you can do is hope that someone else (presumably another family member) will hop off eventually.

14. KingXandercosm

Hm... Well, my mom got a new Mac recently and my sister has been playing Minecraft a lot...

15. That'd do it.

16. KingXandercosm

Well, thanks! Now I know.

17. The_Dinoclone

The_Dinoclone Catapult Fodder

i can't open any threads it says i am not allowed to

18. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

In which section of the forums are you trying to make a thread?
    Can you take a print of the message you get when you try to create a new thread?

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

If you mean view threads, yes you can, otherwise it's something on your end cause I just tested your permissions. If you mean create threads, not every section allows people to create threads, specifically announcements and this section

20. Pulse16

Pulse16 Catapult Fodder

I cant seem to find any servers, it just appears like this: What do i do? kag.gif

Attached Files:

• kag.jpg
      kag.jpg
      File size:
      183.6 KB
      Views:
Mods: Gurin