1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Fixes for Classic B488

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

May Allah protect me from his insurmountable wrath.

Because flying back 20 blocks is interesting and having a shield that has a purpose other than blocking is "complex".

2. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

There is a way to block a shield bash that's works 100% of the time, aswell as a way to dodge it that 100% works. To block it, simplily shield upwards. Shielding upwards will protect you from all bashings. To dodge a bash, press down. This is harder but it is funny to laugh at the basher who just went right through you.

3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Shieldbash is a serverside option?
    Hell yeah.
    As good as it may be to have it as a tool it ruins a fair lot of combat.
    Timed slashes get disabled last second by it, people fly before the invention of planes and others get driven like the batmobile.

feet and Bammboo like this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Contrary: Clash is still off by default and turning it on only makes you clash vs builders. It'll still make the sound regardless of whether you actually clash or not (as rayne hinted in that vid) though up until this build it favoured builders due to a bug in the logic. I wasn't told about it not working and being pro-builder until fairly recently, which is why its only just fixed now. Knights should not be clashing in the sense of blocking jabs with each other at all.

Contrary and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

/me has all his Christmases & birthdays for the next two hundred years at once :eek:

Geti, remember how I once mentioned that I'd marry you if only I weren't already married? Well, how about this: If I can convince my wife to agree, we could have an open arrangement where she has me week days and on the weekends I drive down to Melbourne to polish your princely chin and feed you peeled grapes dipped in chocolate liqueur?

What do you say, oh naughty-sweaty-feelings-causing-one? Could it work? Oh please, please say "Yes" you beautiful, beautiful man! :heart:X3!!!

One likes this.
  6. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hotfix: Solo crash is fixed

FuzzyBlueBaron and Geti like this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

FBB: maybe, gotta clear it with my significant other too though. Might not go so well ;)
    If said builder-idiocy isn't fixed get onto me in IRC so i can sort it properly >_>

Sorting the flag swapping bug as we speak, and I think tom has fixed single player
    edit: ninja'd apparently, though I left the tab open so it doesn't count

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Has anyone addressed the issue with multiplayer zombies? I joined 3-4 populated servers, and could not switch from the "zombies" team.

9. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Fuzzy gets raped by builders a lot? This i got to see.
    that glide thing after bomb jump is amazing and i wish that it will be forever be defaulted to on. :)

10. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Bug #700 is still there :(
    #699 was fixed but now I can't play SP ZF. I get a "choose team" window without options.

11. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Excuse me Dev team every time you update the game could you please find a way of leaving some of our configs at least in some way the same as what we put it..
    I find it really annoying having to rewrite all my mapcycles, dedicated autoconfigs and game mode modded stuff :(

Cheerios thx for listening ;)

12. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Back them up?
    Leaving them untouched every update would be good, but it takes only 5 seconds to back them up and paste them in again :)

Contrary likes this.
  13. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Yeah but then you don't see if any knew lines have been added.. :P

14. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Well, check the updated ones first?

And if they were left untouched every update you wouldn't have any chance to see them at all.. So.. :p

FuzzyBlueBaron and Creille like this.
  15. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Well its not a relatively good idea to mod the game as they constantly keep changing a lot, so its only normal that after every update some new things are possible and other things have to be remade.

16. Geti

If we didn't update the configs and the format changed, your server would crash. Be smart like Rayne and back up or run from a different Base/Rules directory, like Base/Rules/MyRTDM.

The autoconfig/autostart files shouldn't be updated though as they're in the static part of the repository -> wont be patched. Otherwise you'd get our dev autoconfigs and get confused as to why the game starts with you in a map with heaps of items and henries.

@thebonesauce: should've been fixed by the hotfix last night, I did the fixes proposed on IRC, which was autoassign_teams = false and removing the zombie class from the zombies team.

17. gabriel7080

gabriel7080 Builder Stabber
    1. Delta Force - Delta

omg play witout shield base is realy realy bad i dont remember how fight wit out it T-T angry >:l

18. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

It didn't work. Zombie fortress SP and MP give a "choose team" windows without options. A custom config lets you play but bug #700 is still there.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Correction: I used to get eaten alive by builders when my sword clashed but their hammer still hit me in the face; however, I am now back to my usual diet of tasty, tasty builders. :skull:

All this is thanks to Geti whom I love dearly. :heart: :3 (Even if he won't let me near his chin... :()
    ---

<more on-topic>
    I have to say, it's odd playing with the new/old bombjump again--I keep forgetting I can do it until someone else does it and lands on my face. :D

20. Geti

Someone send me this config. I used Rayne's in the recent patch but apparently it doesn't work.