1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Well looks like it's going to come out in February. :p
    4DcQe.png
    There is some cool stuff in here.

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I still can't understand why people are calling FUBAR shenanigans. This is how these things work, fellas. Just bide your time and it'll be here before you know it.

I helped beta test Final Fantasy XI, and believe me, it's not fun at ALL. Literally trying to do anything and everything you can possibly do to break the game engine, picking up and putting down every item in every possible combination...

The guys who said it's painful aren't joking. It's not just fun all around.

3. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

WILL we be expecting it this month? From what im gathering, they ARE making headway, but it's always at least a week away. Im hoping that they just be trollin, and are gonna release Zombies before what they're saying, would be quite the surprise.

With that said, i also know it takes a lot of work making new stuff in games, and just a question, when will it be out of Alpha stage? When the Zombie mode is 100% instead of 30% complete?(i just dont know when Alpha started vs when Beta is)

Also, yeah, it wouldve been fun to brighten the picture and actually find somthing they didnt want us to know :D

4. I'm personally hoping it doesn't "finish". And they will just keep adding stuff till all their dreams about this game are fulfilled xD

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  5. thebonesauce

Something generally reaches beta phase when it's 80% complete. That's when much of the polish and final tweaks are made.

6. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Unless your minecraft. in which case its when the game is ruined. v 9.0

7. thebonesauce

Minecraft was ruined before it even hit 1.0.

Don't get me wrong, Notch is a hell of a nice dude, but why does he win all these awards for community and shit? Because he lets people watch his coding during Ludum Dare? That's not very community oriented. I know someone else runs Minecraft now, but it's been shit for a while.

On topic, Geti and MM deserve a little more attention than he does, especially when it comes to being as community driven as they are.

Chrispin likes this.
  8. Darksteel

I know, Geti and MM are the best Devs I've met before (I have met several game devs in game, and a few in real life too!) I know it may seem odd, but Devs are like celebrities to me, like I would ask Geti for an autograph if I met him, but I would not ask a movie star.

P.S. I met some of the Devs from L.A. Noire* while on holiday in Queensland, nice guys, but they were part of that scandal and were not paid correctly. :QQ:

*I believe it was called

9. killerhellhound

killerhellhound Shipwright

what happened to minecraft which addion made it bad

AnRK likes this.
  10. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Care to use punctuation?

11. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Notch.

jerloch and Noburu like this.
  12. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

A couple of things:

No we have not been given multiplayer access yet. As far as i'm aware blueluigi and a few others have tried to make multiplayer work on the version we've been given but with absolutely no success. So we're waiting patiently for that from MM before we can test it.

As for how long it's taking. Think of it this way. The longer you have to wait, the less bugs you will have to experience and also the more functioning new features you will get. :)

I think you may possibly get it this month, depending on how well multiplayer testing goes. We're hopeful that we won't find much more wrong with multiplayer aside from a few extra things.

13. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Wonder if their will be seperate releases for single player and multiplayer zombies...

arcadebomber likes this.
  14. Darksteel

More than likely a two week difference.

15. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Also will you be able to play zombies offline, because it would be crummy not being able to playzombies offline there has to be a way...

16. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Uh... Neat's already said that the only thing we've been testing is offline. Solo zombie mode is fun.

17. Darksteel

So that means AI allies are implemented? cool.

18. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

i mean without Internet like on a car trip, without having to log in... Or could you log in before you go and don't quit KAG?
    I understand what neat said...

19. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You've been able to click 'play offline' for ages now.

20. I think he means that you need an internet connection too log into your premium account. Since zombies is for premium members you must need a connection too play offline?