1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I'll answer this one thing.

The box that usually opens for like resolution and stuff is in chinese (though I thought it was japanese), no idea why.

USER WAS BLACK BAGGED FOR THIS POST

Worm, potatomcwhiskey and Chrispin like this.
  2. Why did you tell us! Now you'll be put to death D:

Chrispin likes this.
  3. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Well that's weird, lol. Maybe King Arthur's Gold International: Online is being developed finally.

4. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Not really, he is just noting a potential bug and being helpful. :3

...unless men are on their way to tape his mouth shut D;

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

MouldyK gets it.

We've had severely buggy releases before, and things went mental. Too many voices screaming for attention at the same time, making it really hard for MM and Geti to be sure of exactly what was broken (and not just mis-reported or misunderstood), how it was broken and how to prioritise it.

This release has a lot in it. More than you think. There's so much more that could go wrong than in any previous release. They want to get it stable and mostly working before they let the general public on, to minimise the madness that will ensue.

6. MooCowMan

MooCowMan Shopkeep Stealer

This is kind of a given, but I hope it's tested on all platforms, just to be sure it works.

MouldyK likes this.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

And why, pray tell, would you want to do that?! I thought KAG was all about the madness!

8. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

I love how you already know madness will ensue. "They burned our crops and poisoned our water supply!" Meh, saw that coming.

9. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Pics or GTFO

Worm, FlameHaze3 and jerloch like this.
  10. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It is testing support for rendering of fonts in Japanese, Chinese, and Russian so that translations can be made. We dont want KAG to be limited to English as that horribly limits how many people can enjoy the game.

Chrispin likes this.
  11. Hippo

Hippo Shark Slayer

Yes, as much as a person may consider themselves trustworthy, the devs will look for someone fair, consistent, active, and perhaps who is already involved with KAG community. They also need someone who has been around long enough to have been in a few sticky situations. That way, others can see if they react calmly in climactic situations. I have to admit myself that I would be far from perfect. From what I've seen you post so far, though, you are quite a nice person ;D

I'm glad they are taking so much time to test. I honestly feel kind of bad for how we as a community reacted the last time a build in the testing phase contained bugs, and it's kind of exciting knowing that the devs are fixing and polishing this build to make it as friendly as possible. I wish there was a way to show more support without being corny... and preferably without giving up my precious gold coins...

12. The Last build thread was craziness. I'm glad they're waiting on this one. I would rather play a thoroughly tested build then one that was released on a whim, since some bugs can be game ruining and then we would have to wait even more. And that wait would be worse cause we would have a taste of the awesomness :P

Noburu likes this.
  13. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I wonder if slopes made it in this one, or fire!

Chrispin likes this.
  14. Nothing has given away that slopes will be here, but fire is very possible. Kegs and lanterns are use fire :P

15. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Chrispin likes this.
  16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I don't mind playing bugged versions for a week, it makes coding faster then wait ages until they find all bugs.

But when it comes to zombies, i'm glad that they're waiting a little bit more to release it, cause it's a premium feature and people are really looking foward it (since some people bought the game because of zombies).
    And if this version isn't perfect, we can just blame Geti. ;)

17. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Chrispin and jerloch like this.
  18. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I agree with the whole waiting until it's mostly bug free (I'm still expecting that there will be a few minor bugs here and there but nothing that bad). I think that having a buggy version with zombies might ruin the experience a bit so it'll feel better if it's not ruined by them.

Also, MM does the coding, not Geti. Geti does sprites. If it looks like ass then you can blame him.

19. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Well I think that is a yes for slopes, and hopefully fire.