1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I know, it was a joke bro. :p

2. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Bug free release and closed testing is better considering the last test build,people didnt get that it was a test build.

jerloch and Hippo like this.
  3. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

I'd be sucky at testing too :P Was in the Microsoft Flight Beta and got bored of that and looked to KAG instead as it was more fun. XD

And I try to be as nice as possible with people, especially if they are asking something and I either know the answer or just a speculation. Means that they are at least being listened to by someone, even if I don't know all the answers. :P

I mean I have been here for like 9 days and I love reading things by people, especially if my messages get likes. Makes me feel like I am doing something right. :)

Hippo likes this.
  4. That's the way to go. Stay awhile and sooner or later you'll get well known. Especially if you are in-game a lot and not just a forum dweller! Getting in with well-known clan members like Action, YB, HA, POWER, MOLE, etc helps a TON.

Ruleral likes this.
  5. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Well right now, I am a forum dweller as I am still getting used to finally having a PC in my room, so going through a lot of games. Will settle down though soon enough...actually...might gotta play some now.

-gets his bow and runs into the battle- Still gotta get used to cutting trees though xD

Edit: Also, I really need to get better at the game :(

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@"Geti doesn't code" - that's wrong actually. I just don't do as much of the heavy lifting in the programming department.

AJ and Hippo are on the money when it comes to why we're doing closed testing.

Slopes are technically "in" but aren't working as intended yet - players can't stand still on them, they just slide down, which makes them useless as stairs (imagine your player sliding down stairs the whole time) and frustrating as hills. As such we're holding their official release until afterwards when we can spend some time on the needed hacks to make them behave more usefully.

Fire will be coming later, once there are wooden structures to burn and fire arrows to shoot.

Trust me (and MM and Shadlington and Contrary and all the other testers) when we say there is a crazy amount of extra stuff in this build, not just zombies.

Stevedog, Chrispin, jerloch and 6 others like this.
  7. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

So wait, you will be replacing square blocks with slopes that join up when places together? since i thought the whole point of slopes would be for people to slide down, not walk up or stand on.

8. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Cool! Now I can blame you and don't feel guilty about it :p

I like the way you guys aren't giving too much spoilers. Don't ruin the surprise!

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

10. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

That looks awsome.I love you Rayne(no homo)

11. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Ah...the darkness...I love it so. :3

Also, love you too, Rayney! ^_^ -gives cookie-

12. Boromir

Boromir Builder Stabber

is there a zombie base underground

13. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

I remember reading up a lot on those Wang squares during my 3 hour break between classes after MM mentioned it on the blog. I made sure to understand how they sorta worked so that I could appreciate randomly generated maps more, but how it's coded into the game is beyond me! The randomly generated dungeons turned out nicely though.

Actually you have an interesting idea there. Reminds me of Mario or something and it would make for a nice defense that spans over a wide area rather than just having a single wall or cliff. I'm just thinking Geti wants slopes to eliminate the need for jump spam so that they can add a stamina bar or something. Maybe you could build both slippery and normal slopes in the future.

14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Afaik, you'll be able to hold the down key and slide down a slope.

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just a note to all those wishing they could join in with the testing or just 'play the update as is': there is a lot of new stuff in this update. Not only can sifting through it all be tedious+painful at times (like trying to come up with new/untried ways to break the game); but, even when you're not actively testing one particular bug, something else will unexpectedly break and ruin the game for you. We'll hunt down all the rouge insects and have Geti & MM squash them; but in the meantime: ugh. :huh?:

Please trust me when I say that you're the lucky ones. Seriously. ;)

Noburu likes this.
  16. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Woop! Perfect for a quick getaway.

Well...if you really think i'm lucky, then i'm fine with this. :p Hell, I thank you and the other exterminators for hunting for bugs. :3 I could never look for bugs as i'd get bored and wouldn't know if things were intentional or not XD

Anyway, i'm off for ze night as it's 4:40am! Will be back to hassle you people maybe tomorrow. -flies off-

17. Wait a second, not only am I from POWER, I am one of the leaders, does that make me well known? Oh Jerloch, you always know how to cheer me up :D

18. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Just avoid any clan by blueboy and you should be fine :P

Hella, UnnamedPlayer, Rayne and 4 others like this.
  19. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

So much to think about... Zombies... At the moment I haven't heard anything about difficulty yet or how they act (I don't wanna know) but it would be interesting.
    Also would you call me well known?

20. knightl

knightl Base Burner

ghozt go in a game and say "haven't seen you in a while"

see what people say back