1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

RadioActive's Map Pack [DISCONTINUED] Map files/versions: 82

KAG Beta CTF, TTH & Sandbox maps. New maps every month! Download and rate them! Suggest your ideas!

1. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

These are awesome maps, i was wondering what you use to make them?

RadioActive likes this.
  2. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Thanks mate ::):
    GIMP the best. I think I can record a video how I make them. I'll post it with the next update.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 8, 2014 ---
    Just a quick note about S&S map. Somehow I forgot to add trees and I did not even notice that they are missing when this map was tested. Sorry guys and thanks to 8x, Leo and 101i.
    It wasn't meant to be a trollmap :P You can download new updated version from the resource page or here: CTF, Sandbox. Main zipped folder and CTF pack will be updated with the next update.

101i and Duke_Jordan like this.
  3. Leo

Leo Haxor

Noob mapper ::D:

Klokinator likes this.
  4. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

The maps are nice, I have included them in the server although the flag is 1 block below the normal level, and I am using a princess instread of the default ctf flag so the princess looks like she is buried and only her head is shown. :D

Asu and Duke_Jordan like this.
  5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

6. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Hmm... played sunnyside and it was awesome! although the useless things you put in these maps like the traps or death pits don't help the map, they make it less fun... in all I think you should focus more on gameplay a little than aesthetics.

8. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Thanks and tbh I also don't like these traps and buildings in the middle except the bridge. I'm gonna remove them all in the next update.
    FoxyLady if you find some time, that would be awesome.

9. You create map in GIMP? When yes what i must do it to create this typemap (classic)

10. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Yes, I do. What exactly you want to know?
    If you have problem with saving as 24bit png file, save your map as a normal png and then open it in Paint.Net. It has an option to save as 24 bit png. You can also use Nand's trick in GIMP.
    And here you can check how I make my maps.
    Good luck.

11. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

12. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

@RadioActive I have a question.
    How do you determine where the border is gonna be on a map?

13. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Hey,
    Red barrier is automatically determined based on map's width. It covers always 34% of the map. The rest - 66% of the map is always allocated for building areas (33% on the left side and 33% on the right).
    100 rb2.png
    Sometimes red zone eats one or two pixels on each side and it's not exactly 34%. For example: If your map is 100px wide, width of building zones should be 32,5-33px and red zone 35-36px.
    If you want to make more than one or two maps, I suggest you to use Paint.Net or Gimp and create templates with red zones as a layers.
    In short: You can choose the size of your maps and make a test map with dirt and some grass or trees as "landmarks" and load it on the local server just to see where the red barrier begins, so you can mark it on the map template.
    ad.png
    This is how my template (200x60) looks like in GIMP. When map is finished, I just turn it off and save the map:
    200-60tmplt.png
    If you use GIMP, you can download this template here (.xcf 2.8KB).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    Snake19 and king-george like this.
  14. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Thank you so much!

15. CapitanForceX

CapitanForceX Drill Rusher

Hi @RadioActive, I noticed that there are some halls in a bad position, just 1 block left and right in "TrapFactory" ::)::thumbs_up:

Anyway all maps are really awesome, i tested them in my server and they work well. Well done man! :B)::smug: