1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rainy weather Texture/mod pack

Discussion in 'Requests' started by C0H33D, Jan 5, 2014.

1. C0H33D

C0H33D Catapult Fodder

I recently saw the cold winter texture pack and was wondering if anyone has thought about making one with a rainy setting. Maybe have thunder and lighting. If that was possible that would be awesome. I just love rainy weather in games. ::D:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Snow mod isn't a texture pack, as you said, it's a mod.

3. C0H33D

C0H33D Catapult Fodder

Sorry was talking about the cold winter texture pack..edited title and first sentence.... and instead of just correcting me I would like responses if this is actually possible. :rekt:

4. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

I don't see why it wouldn't be. It's just a matter of getting someone to code it.

5. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah.. but rain isn't actually possible.. IT is but it isn't.

You see, you could do it. It's the middle of the day and rain starts to pour down.. and it's all sunny and nice.. it'll look horrible. You can't alter lighting, contrast, saturation or anything like that.

So Weather is not to be done.

If i was able to alter those things, my server would have a Weather system.

6. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

I kind of disagree, the snow mod does manage to give that "cold" feel to the map.

7. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That is with editing the textures.. maybe the sky gradient.. and that is how and that is fixed.

I'm kind of going offtopic though. For a full fledged Weather system to be possible they'll need to expand scripting possibilities.

8. C0H33D

C0H33D Catapult Fodder

Ah yeah I get what your saying Aphelion......full fledged weather system would be sweet though!

9. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Apparently you can add your own backgrounds, and as for the shaders you can simply control day-night cycles.
    Edit: what I'm trying to say is, it's probably possible right now with some workarounds. Hell, if you can't add a background, you could just add one giant blob instead that does not have collision with a high z value.
    As for thunder... I wanted to add something... similar... heh.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  10. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No, no, no. You can add your own backgrounds.. but controlling the day/night cycle is not enough.

The only way it might work is to have Rain sometimes happen at Night.

If i could simply control the light strength or something it would be sufficient. The I would add fog or clouds to make it look right.

11. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Yeah, that's what I was saying. It is enough though. You can just set the day/night to a certain "moody" point, all the time.

12. Well.....

You should be able to have the variety in whether :
    SNOW: should cover up buildings
    RAIN : should make climbing building more difficult
    STORM: the possibility of getting struck by lightning

I think I would bring a whole new life to the game and would love to see it but as many others are saying it's a matter of people coding it sometime :D