1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Rant] Game Balance And The Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trumbles, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

make ballistas start with explody bullets maybe? The regular non-explodey ballistas are just too weak for anything if you don't spawn/change class there.

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I suspect that, were spawn & class-swap to be removed, that we'd see an opening for a wholely re-vamped ballista. I've seen WIPs of various siege equipment so it wouldn't surprise me to see Skinney and Verra taking current siege and trying for some form of redo that gave each piece of siege equipment a very definite, specific, and 'tight' role--rather than the current arrangement where the overlap between ballista and cata is somewhat kludgy and vague?

Ofc, this may all be me talking through my hat; but it seems to me that we're headed for a much 'cleaner' KAG that (rather than reducing the craziness quotient, as some seem to fear) will allow for streamlined, more accessible (read: more frequent, in larger volumes) insanity. Again, I could be totally wrong; but having things like 'forward base stuff' and 'siege/assault stuff' more clearly defined seems--to my mind--like a much better game than the alternative.

*hopeful FBB is hopeful* :X3:

J-man2003, PUNK123 and PeggleFrank like this.
  3. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

We the people need:

-A Beer Wagon (only respawns team and adds tavern music to neardom; can't be captured but it runs out of beer and this makes music stop and respawn stop; can cost wheat as well as gold and wood to add REALISM)
    -A Battering Ram (can kill people and destroys orthonormally positioned walls, holds people inside who are safe until destroyed)
    -A Catapult (I see no problems with it now)
    -A Ballista (shoots bomb bolts only)
    -A Deployable Shield (works like a platform for projectiles and enemies have to jump over it)
    And a balance in health and damage for all of these to be balanced.

J-man2003 likes this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I honestly think that catapults should work as a defensive siege engine (defense is less important to winning, thus the defensive siege engine should be cheaper) while ballistas should work as an offensive siege engine. Either way I think both need a buff in terms of movement, seriously when's the last time you've actually driven a catapult? They just need to be able to jump and walk like a player while still being slightly, slightly worse at moving than an actual player to be balanced. Also I think we all know that bomb bolts are overpowered... The fact that they can cripple a fort with little effort and time required is utterly ridiculous, they need a serious tile damage nerf, like maybe they do 1-2 damage to a block at the most... While catapults should be more defensive, and maybe better at destruction than a ballista, but less mobile. (maybe even have the crate for them be a heavy item?)
    Lol even though this is a joke I kinda would like a battering ram... the beer wagon is very realistic though.
    Yeah, it has always seemed like catapults and ballistas were just added to make the game more medieval-ey instead of actual balance. If they were to be heavily changed we'd see them probably more used in the way they were intended to be, and of course the game would be more balanced and cleaner as a whole
    pls no

more unbalanced than it is already

Seriously if ballistas are going to start with bomb bolts then A) They need a reskin to not be ballistas because new players will not know what the heck to think of a medieval ballista shooting explosive bolts, and B) The bomb bolts need to be nerfed. (I would say a price nerf but that would basically make ballistas an OP item that's only downside is a high cost, which is a quick-and-easy but horrible balancing plan)

//EDIT: mfw monster WoT quadpost. ftfy. ~FBB

Thanks for the blue text attack FBB.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  5. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

What I don't get is that they have wheels. I was so sad when they added so you can pop the wheels off. Shooting a ballista with arrows and it slowly riding backwards and then falling off the enemy tower...those were the good ol days. Now everyone just pops the wheels off. Only people out of their minds ride a catapult to battle, mainly because of maps not allowing it. Wheels right now are just useless.

6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

if not the wheels on catapults on ballistas, KAG would be 200% more boring, the thing that makes KAG "replayable"
    is
    [​IMG]

SirDangalang and J-man2003 like this.
  7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

eh, wheels on any sort of siege are so rarely used that it's a shock when I see someone actually enter the drivers seat. why risk losing a siege weapon by moving it forward instead of the meta of immobile sky siege tower.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Potatobird like this.
  8. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

who cares about multiplayer lol everyone knows solo sandbox is the real 1337 gamemode

Vamist and Blue_Tiger like this.
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

>why I wish there was a ram/tank vehicle for the purpose of going all out and ramming stuff.

10. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I know, but i'd like it in the vanilla game

Like that's going to happen...

11. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Have you ever seen Hospitalizer play?

He does more damage in the pilot seat than in the gunner's position.

12. A_Sarcastic_Whale

A_Sarcastic_Whale Shark Slayer

Wait, what? That existed in TTH?
    I am feeling very new right now...

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Try to keep the discussion on-topic guys :)

14. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

don't necro
    this thread was just necro'd

15. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

true that

16. A_Sarcastic_Whale

A_Sarcastic_Whale Shark Slayer

I am not familiar with the term 'necro', can one of you explain it?

17. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Necro or necroing is the term used to describe when you bump, reply or simply to "bring back from the dead" an old thread.

icemusher and J-man2003 like this.
  18. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Locking due to the necro and isn't on topic anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.