1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rapid Deathmatch

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Shadlington, Nov 1, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Zazou

Zazou Shipwright

THIS TIME it's okay I try it and it works fine :D

Attached Files:

2. Zazou

Zazou Shipwright

Put another, more funny I guess :P

Attached Files:

3. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

Hey ho again this time I don't really want to post a map but give an idea how to use Rapid Deathmatch in another way called Attack/Defense, which you might know from other games.

It's easy one team got a fortress or something like this and the other team tries to capture it.
    After one team won the teams change/map gets flipped!

The attackers should have a hard journey trying to come in but it should also be possible and because you nearly have to kill the hole team in their fortress the defense may reduce their number but not totally kill the enemy team.

I made up a simple example and would like to know what you think about this mode, do you like it or is it just not what you want to see on an Rapid Deathmatch server!?

Example:
    [​IMG]
    AttackDefense.png

Zazou and Shadlington like this.
  4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I like it, maybe the attackers could have some lifes more?

Maybe a bit fancier castle though :P

5. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

Yeah I think so, too!
    Shad had some good ideas but these would require other server settings and that's why it wouldn't work on Rapid Deathmatch I think.

It's no real castle xD
    It's only some stone a catapult and some stone-on-ladder traps, to show what I mean with defensive structures.
    I hope other people have more and better Ideas! xD

But you're right!

6. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

7. Monsteri

I still think the spawns and the sky should be higher :f

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Map Updates again. Special thanks to Wyeth for trees and naming Oldland.

Taking out the center mound clearly wasn't enough for the pit map. Most games would occur like this: everyone runs out staying on the top. Half of each team gets blown up by bombs. One of the teams would cower in the spawn and the other team would glide over, completely disregarding the main part of the map. Having to go down and then attack the enemy's position from below is probably inherently bad design, but I wouldn't like to see this map scrapped just yet. I widened the middle considerably and added a tiny little platform to vary fighting more. The pits are also bigger. Maybe eventually this map will be played like I intended lol.

Didn't change much on the other map I don't think. Fixed a little part bit near the right spawn but not much.

Attached Files:

9. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

No idea how to make maps... but i'd make one full of tunnels and no sky to see how that one goes... but who knows if someone wants to teach me sometime... or write a tutorial on the file conversions and whatnot i'd be glad to make one.

10. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I think the server needs a restart or something, these 2 players lagged out and they haven't been removed from the scoreboards. The server shows 1 player online from the server select list, but when I enter the game, nobody is there.
    [​IMG]

11. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I just went on the server and tried to kick them out. Doesn't work... Shadlington will do something about it once he comes on I am sure.
    The one guy since left, the other guys name is crywilliam

12. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

13. Yoda.

Foxodi likes this.
  14. Monsteri

I think 20 people for the server is a bit too much. Usually it gets to a knight bomb spam, and team who spammed more efficiently, wins the round. One issue is that all the maps are very small.

12 would be good, imo.

Contrary and Wonka like this.
  15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I agree, I think 12 would be ideal. Bu still, a lot of the maps are way too small even for that.

16. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

I agree you two, I played a short time with 20 people and it sucked but there are also to many people who want to play on this server... best way would probably be a 2nd server but I don't know.

17. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I had it on 12 and only upped it due to far far far too much demand and never being able to get in my own server.
    I'll change it back.

18. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Even more reason why there needs to be reserved slots.

19. Zazou

Zazou Shipwright

+1 for everyone (y)

20. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Really do love this server, we made the sky bridge fall and it glitched the map, is there a specific dimension you want? I'd love to contribute.

Mods: jackitch