1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

RDM PSA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Contrary, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Rapid Deathmatch is a game mode that many enjoy a lot, but every server is plagued by cry babies spamming the chat and trying to get people to conform to their contrived set of rules which they themselves rarely follow. I just want to address some of the complaints I see every game (this quotes are taken from my last 2-3 sessions in RDM):

1. If it were meant to be 1v1 then the server would only let two people in at a time. A big part of the game mode is positioning yourself around enemies and teammates and trying to remove that is only dumbing down the game mode.
    2. It's your fault if you get killed while chatting or AFK. It's not like everyone should suddenly stop and wait if you decide to whine in the middle of a fight. If you don't want a couple of extra deaths on your score, just move to spectator.

Note: it's also not particularly polite to afk for extended periods of time.
    3. There is nothing wrong with jabbing. Not only is it a fundamental part of knight combat, it's usually not even particularly threatening if you're spacing your slashes well. Crying "jabspam" just lets everyone in the server know that jabbing you is an easy way to get kills.
    4. Your team probably isn't even that bad, and even then the teams get scrambled every round. Furthermore, it's not like telling them they suck will help them get better; all you're really doing is being a dick to half the server and creating enemies devoted to killing you.

To everyone else:

Don't let the haters ruin your fun. They're crying because they're bad. The absolute worst part of the whiners is how new players listen to them and think there is some kind of validity behind what they're saying; they feel bad about how they're playing and in trying to follow these "honourable rules" that are forced on them they pick up bad habits that only really cripple them as KAG players. Do your best to sandwich enemies between you and a teammate, feel free to cut down that chatterbox, and definitely go ahead and click that left mouse button whenever you feel like it.

2. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'd love to make an addition to this, although it isn't much related to people complaining in chat. The game type is "rapid" team deathmatch, so please, don't just run around trying to avoid damage and drag the match out. Running away to keep from getting trapped by enemies or to get a better position is absolutely okay. But, needlessly dragging the game out because you are near death is pointless and only serves to annoy the others in the server. When you stall, EVERYONE loses.

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This. There is NOTHING worse than trying to play a few quick RTDM matches in between classes or before bed, and faggots are bomb jumping to inaccessible areas/running away/climbing trees to areas inaccessible to knights. Like Brandon said, dragging out a RAPID deathmatch is the most grating thing, and why I hate Clemo's Fast Round anymore. There is no moderation, people are constantly speedhacking, running and hiding, dragging out the game, etc. I often wonder why people bother opening up servers if they're going to constantly say, "We don't need moderators. This server doesn't need admins." And it's not just Clemo's, it's quite a few places.

All in all, I couldn't agree with you gents more. I absolutely HATE that SeanAS' RTDM server ACTUALLY ENFORCES "1vs1" when there is only one person left on any given team. It's ridiculous.

rocker2 likes this.