1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Realm of the Mad God

Discussion in 'Other games' started by who, Jun 2, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

then mark me coward, i hotkeyed it to Q
    its nicely near wasd

oh and ent ancients are EASY.
    just dodge the big deadly spinny things.

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Its always fun to buff them by all the uber 20's shooting them during the flashing phase. Weeds out the little punks :D

3. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

keep watching hp, dodge, spam nexus when low hp, teleport in, repeat.

Oh and look at the minimap!

4. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Pfff nexus. Just run to godlands so you can collect hp/mp pots along the way and then find a nice isolated patch of godlands and solo. Do this at any level you want if ranged class.

5. Noburu

My best luck finding pots has always been in the desert where the crabs, whirlwinds and sand people spawn. Also the Sumos that spawn all the little guys that circle him as good for pots too.

6. Miaow

I used to be able to max out most stats and get pretty much the best weapons in a few hours, now a few hours gets me level 20, very basic equipment, 1 def pot. :s
    It's still fun though.

7. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

yay lvl 20 now.
    but the only SB i have is a ring -_-
    im a warrior
    equipment:fire sword, black iron helm(5 def), golden chainmail(10 def), ring of health(+40 hp)
    any good gods i can sole without dieing horribly?

8. Miaow

I'm not really a fan of the short ranged classes, but stick to gods one at a time. Make sure hp pots!

9. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

NOOOOO FUCK I JUST DIED IN THE FORBIDDEN JUNGLE :(

10. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Nice game but already completed max level with a mage I think. Its funny how a relatively small group of players get togever and runs across the road of the map continuously. Eventually, more and more players will join them and that is how the fucking teamwork works!

But there are loads more characters I have to unlock, but it aint fun when they dont seem to be adding something new.

11. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

ugh archer now with a nice double bow-_-
    lets try that.

12. Neat

Miaow running to glands is sooo boring.

Noburu likes this.
  13. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

what server do you guys play on? i mostly on EUwest or USwest

14. Miaow

It's not that bad...You guys have it too easy. I'm used to when there was no teleport and no nexus, so I much prefer that.

15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I hate RotMG!
    it wastes your money faster than a girlfriend!

CastleStormer likes this.
  16. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Max level is the jumping off point for the game; if you think you've "beat" it by hitting 20, you're sorely mistaken. There is admittedly limited variety in what you do (shoot things, dodge the tough attacks, hope to find/trade for good loot, eventually die and start again), but learning how to properly tackle the events with a group of teammates really adds to it, as well as the social aspect- One of my favorite nights of playing in 2 years was when I joined my guild's mumble (and proceeded to not talk at all, hah).

It is expensive if you want any kind of storage. This is somewhat annoying, but I guess the devs have to make money somehow. If you get rich enough ingame, there's plenty of people who will trade Ultimate Game Cards for life pots (mostly rich kids with their parents' credit cards, from what I've seen).

Melee characters require investment. They're awesome at events and dungeon bosses once you get attack, defense, speed, and dexterity maxed, but unlike the longer-ranged classes, they absolutely will take damage when hunting gods. I'd definitely stick to wizard, priest, or necro for starters.

Playing on USWest is a bad idea. It's crazily overcrowded. I'd only recommend it for fast-levelling and trading. I prefer my home server of USEast2.

As for fast levelling? Fight critters in the lowlands to the best of your abilities until you hit 11, then go into a supercrowded West server and teleport to the largest godlands train you can find. Stay towards the middle, don't worry about shooting things, watch out for Ent attacks and Medusa bombs, and nexus at half health. Avoid events. Doing this can get you to 20 in about 10 minutes.

Noburu likes this.
  17. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

We should have a kag group in RotMG

CastleStormer likes this.
  18. Neat

Avoid USEast1 for playing the actual game I find because it's way more crowded than USWest, at least the nexus is to the point where USEast1 is pretty much the trading hub of the game. They do really need better trading facilities though. USEast is a complete mess trying to find the person who said "Buying x" when he's ignorantly not put his name in his speech bubble.

19. Noburu

USWest is MUCH MUCH more crowded during USA primetime. I frequently cant stay connected more than 30 secs or so during peak times.

20. Miaow

I play on AsiaSouth or something lol. It's the only vaguely non-laggy server for me.

Mods: BlueLuigi