1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Realm of the Mad God

Discussion in 'Other games' started by who, Jun 2, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Necromancers are great beginner's classes; they have plenty of range, they do enough damage to make getting drops easy for a fresh level 20 (compared to an archer or priest), and they have an ability that heals them. These three qualities combine to form one of the best potion-farming machines once you can survive in godlands. What's not to love?

Other great easy-to-play classes include the priest, who is a great deal weaker but can heal, and the huntress, with a really useful ability, shots that pierce gods, and a bit more armour (but also somewhat weak damage). Overall, a fresh necro will get pots faster than either, but the huntress has more potential when maxed, and the priest can be a really great support if you have a guild relying on you.

Beyond that, if you want to get rich, wizards, rogues, and assassins are the midlevel moneymakers. Wizards are like necros that can't heal, but they do a lot more damage when maxed, and their spell is very useful for getting a few hits in relatively risk free. Rogues, I never really play, but once you're good with them, you can heavily damage the bosses that drop expensive equips without them ever firing upon you! You've got to be aware of other classes who may come up behind you and get you caught in the crossfire, though. Assassins aren't super useful normally, but their poison does wonders to clear out strong bosses' minions, and like the wizard's spell, gets you qualified for a loot drop with minimal risk.

I'd say warriors, knights, and paladins are the more advanced classes. They do have massive payouts, as you'd only need to hit a couple of times with a good sword to get a loot chance, but they're quite annoying to use if you don't have sufficient defense to absorb attacks. Whereas most robe classes can start farming stat potions right away, it's typically recommended to "invest" 25 defense potions (40 for Knights) to max their survivability before trying to tackle the godlands and get more pots. They are worth it in the end, though- I've got a completely maxed warrior and he gets me more good drops than I can store!

The other classes- archer, mystic, trickster, and sorcerer- have their uses, but aren't necessarily the best classes to use for getting loot. Archer is statistically identical to huntress, with a different ability; use whichever you prefer. Tricksters are great if you're a master rogue, but they're quite tough to get the hang of. Mystics are very useful for the Tomb, the game's toughest dungeon, but otherwise they're mostly just a slightly less effective necromancer with no heal. Sorcerers have an ability that lets you qualify for loot quite easy on bosses with few minions, and you don't even have to aim it, but other than that they suffer from the priest's lack of attack power to a lesser extent.

Tldr? Why sure.

Necro- best newb class for learning to dodge and getting loot.
    Huntress/archer and priest- great easy-to-play classes with a decent propensity for loot.
    Wizard, rogue, and assassin- moneymakers, but harder to play successfully than the above listed classes.
    Melees- require an investment to be at all useful, but oh so worth it. Damned fun, too.
    Mystic, trickster, and sorcerer- Quirky classes for experienced players.

Contrary and Noburu like this.
  2. A little addition that Necromancer doesn't only heal You, but the allies near you. Doing a guild sphinx/oryx/WC it does help alot for mass healing which is even better than priest heal.

People play the Mystic, Trickster and Sorcerer to get the 2000 fame and the stars. They don't put much hope on soloing gods or killing hard bosses.

Wizard is not that easy. Without succesful health roll you are so weak that only a few gods can get your health down to 0.

In my experience, since build 105, Rogues told me to avoid enemies attacks and count seconds. Knights told me to max defense and to find the right time to strike. Archers told me to auto-attack as much as I can to deal enough damage for Soulbound loot. Wizards are squishy as hell and me no know how to play 'em ^^.

Also my 6/8 knight died into foolish tomb and now I actually have a Necromancer with +20 health roll ^^ Sure it is a keeper.

3. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Once you get wizards up to speed, you can simply evaporate threats. Suddenly that brute chasing you in the abyss is not a problem if he dies when you look at him for half a second. Staffs also make aiming a bit more forgiving than wands or daggers, and they don't need to get nearly as close to gods as many other classes to kill them (which, upon maxing att and dex, takes less than 2 seconds).

Their spell is also a great panic button, if you learn to use it effectively. Most threatening enemies either chase you or have high-hp. A quick spell-bomb right next to you takes care of chasers as you're running away, and high hp threats can be kept on the very edge of your screen and bombed to oblivion from behind cover.

Their squishiness is only relevant if you try to rush past or through groups of enemies, which is sometimes a valid tactic for melees. If you're surrounded by gods from 3 or more sides on a wizard, you should obviously nexus, but I'd do the same for any wand class in that situation except perhaps priests.

Those other three have their uses. Mystics make public tombs much, much easier- take it from someone who had a 7/8 mystic. Sorcerers are fairly efficient low-risk potfarmers- abusing their ability can qualify you for drops with absolutely zero effort, and their vit makes them more forgiving than wizards if your dodging skills aren't up to par. A good trickster can act like a community rogue by distracting all of the powerful shots away- teleportation also affords them interesting opportunities like jumping out of a bad situation.

Anyone can farm gods on a mystic- it's like playing an unmaxed wizard. Their better speed is marginally useful as well, though effective uses for their ability in godlands are rare. Sorcerers were practically made to farm gods- even assassins are less efficient at getting soulbound damage on large groups. Tricksters, I'm not so sure, as I rarely play dagger classes, but I have 2 good friends who main tricksters and while they more commonly tackle events, they don't underperform in godlands at all.

Contrary, Ruleral and Noburu like this.
  4. superping

superping Drill Rusher

i bored of this game...after dying with my priest last night 6/8 cwand,divine,elder,para def. RIP :,(

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I have almost the exact setup on my priest and i just kinda quit playing so i didnt lose him. Ive lost plenty of 4-5/8 priests and just got tired of the grind eventually. Had some good times with this game though.

6. Yep... Any thoughts with the ghost ship? I actually don't know what it is and don't really much care about it.

7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Havent played in quite a while so i dunno wtf that is, sorry :P

8. superping

superping Drill Rusher

im trying to quit the game but i cant find a better game to play and my kag broke D:

9. Trying finding some in Kongregate.com ^^ RoTMG - steal your soul forever :p

10. superping

superping Drill Rusher

today my guild opened 20 wc and i missed all of them -_-

11. pokefrag

pokefrag Shopkeep Stealer

Realm of the mad god is good game,I big like necromancer because drains and attack,
    Oryx the mad god is hard,because you are shooting by god or grand sphinx,YOU WILL DIE ;O
    Wizard as good for new player,the knights is no good on god zone...archer is good ON KAG AND REALM OF THE MAD GOLD.
    I like bag white,i don't like the protector on bag white :lol:

Arcrave, Smokeybacon and Noburu like this.
  12. Well, we all still have a chance to make our own guild.. Guro? Superping? Pokefrag? We just need a perfect name.

Guro likes this.
  13. superping

superping Drill Rusher

ehh im in Raven heart :3 and broke 3 ammies today WOO!

Karpovich likes this.
  14. Congratulations. Your offically ammy waster. Any thoughts about the ghost ship?

15. Parpoch

Parpoch Also known as Lord Puffet Donator

I..... Hate that game

:)

16. superping

superping Drill Rusher

ehh im rich i really dont care how many ammies i lose :D

well i do but not much...And davy jones locker is so easy... till you get to the boss D:

17. Okay... How about we all hang in USEast3 all the time we play?? A higher chance to meet each other.

18. superping

superping Drill Rusher

umm okay whats your ign? i just got teh cdirk and it freaking epic!

19. Nice! my IGN is HiddenRoug. Atleast it's the mule I play with.

20. superping

superping Drill Rusher

ooooooooooooooook my ign is superping ;)

Mods: BlueLuigi