1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Receiving damage while shielding

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sohkyo, Apr 19, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If an enemy knight horizontally slashes at your direction and you horizontally shield at his direction you will deflect 100% of the damage.

If an enemy knight horizontally slashes at your direction and you diagonally shield at his direction you will deflect 50% of the damage.

That's a useful way to people stop complaining about the shield being made out of "paper" and no one could complain anymore about jab spammers.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Actually, the complaints about the paper shield is because there is a high ping - netcode malfuntionating - they didn't really shield in time.
    Not because the shield doesn't works.

3. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Y'know, diagonal doesn't really exist, it's just the fusion between the vertical direction and the horizontal direction. Sometimes my ping is basically zero and I get hit very often while shielding.

Edit: Also, I don't want to feed my frustrations and shield for no results. 50% of the actual damage while diagonally shielding should be fine.

Fernegulus likes this.
  4. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

wtf is this post, I don't even see whether you're against the suggestion or not

blackjoker77777, PUNK123 and Sohkyo like this.
  5. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

he's pointing out a flaw in the reasoning behind the suggestion (shields not working cause lag)
    not that difficult to see

dayleaf and PUNK123 like this.
  6. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

One of the things that bothers me is that shielding bombs diagonally down can be very hit or miss... a lot of the time you end up with 3 hearts damage. I haven't actually gotten around to testing all angles with bombs, but if bombs aren't meant to be shielded in that way, it shouldn't look like the sprite is ready to absorb the blast and then deal 3 hearts. Will test later and probably edit this post.

DatNobby likes this.
Mods: Rainbows