1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Red Master Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrKaputtnik, Sep 9, 2011.

?

What's tha masta race?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2011.
  1. Red

47.8%
  2. Blue

52.2%
  1. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Because it would ruin Ramona's awesomeness.

2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Well, on the one hand, Red conjures up imagery of Redshirts getting mercilessly mowed down, but on the other hand, red unz go fastah!

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Well red often loses.

4. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Let me guess... You are 13 years old or younger. Or at least, you sound like it. Nobody likes homophobic slurs, and they are not original at all. Well, at least you tried...

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Also a point to be considered: while it'll always be R v B by default, team colours might be customisable relatively soon, especially in the event of poly-team games.

I'm considering how we might go about voting on a team colour before the game. Everyone votes and it averages the RGB?
    It'd be great to have the ability to draw an emblem as a team too, just with white or team colour paint on a shield. Perhaps everyone gets 1 straight stroke or circle to avoid a blitzkrieg of dicks drawn everywhere (if there are going to be phalluses they are going to need collaboration). Honestly though, it's fairly auxiliary.

@utahraptor: good luck showing an emblem on a space barely big enough for three bits of wood to be well defined - it might show up in the team menu though, or a postgame X TEAM WON HERE ARE THE GOOD PLAYERS screen.

6. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

If we're already at this point, what about banners for structures?

If you're fighting near a team banner it could give you a bonus. Maybe health or strenght or something like that.

7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Just have a bunch of standard colours in a grid before the game starts, 10 second countdown. Everyone must pick their favourite colour and the one with the most votes wins. If it's a draw, a colour is picked randomly. If both teams have the same colour picked, then one of the teams will be assigned the second favourite colour voted.

8. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Sounds good, but...

I think the color would often become grey, as the RGB values will highly likely be somewhere in the middle if you allow input from everyone and integrate those values into an average one, which is bad for two reasons:
    1. Not many people like grey, especially if they see it a lot.
    2. Intense colors appeal to more colors. This is probably why you chose the colors red and blue instead of grey and brown.
    3. How would the game define which color the chosen color was?
    Perhaps just have a palette with a lot of (basic) colors, such as blue, red, pink, grey, white, black, green, yellow... The basic colors. The one with the most votes win. This way, the color that is liked the most (not just an average value) is chosen, we don't have pastel shades, and the game can easily define which color is used.

I think it'd be better if we had an in-game emblem editor and you can propose one pregame. This allows for organized emblem choosing, but also to have decent. It shouldn't be to hard, I think, and it encourages players that have some artistic skills to 'enrich' the game, which is good for all parties, the players, and the designers. Just a pencil, a line, eraser and a filler tool, and if possible, layer functionality, copying and pasting, and mirroring. If you want custom colors though, there should perhaps be a color that marks what part is filled in with the desired color. Probably white, and then only allowing to paint with black. Multiple colors on one emblem probably doesn't look to good and ruins the purpose of having a team identify themselves with a certain color.

But what do you mean with polyteam? More than two teams? How would you handle that? I mean, it's an 2D game. In a 3D game, you can not only let the spawnpoints vary in the X-coordinate, but also in the Y-coordinate. Z-coordinate is rather complicated, as you would either need the possibility for sky bases, or underground bases, (or both) which seems rather impractical to me. Perhaps some kind of cave map, so you can have bases lower and higher? It would sooner or later become a tunnelfest though, I'm rather sure of that.

Just my two cents. Please let me hear what you think of it :)

9. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

That's not homophobic, that's heteronormative.

10. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Red=Communists
    Blue=Capitalists
    Purple=Monarchists

Guitarman likes this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@chosen: it's easy to modify a sprite palette based on RGB values, and we could target specific pixels easily enough. You'd be able to see other player's votes and the resulting colour before voting was over, so essentially it'd be a case in convergence. If everyone wanted grey it'd be possible as well, but we could probably make it based on a swatch of colours and average them, like mixing paints kind of.

Voting on emblems and colours would happen pre-game anyway.

I don't want custom painting though, that's the point. If you can just paint whatever you like onto the emblem then people will just draw penises everywhere. As above, I think being able to make (and undo or remake, if you stuff it up) a single straight stroke or circle of either white or team coloured paint onto a sheild it'd work nicely.

[​IMG]

More than two teams would be handled with maps that have more tunnels and horizontal wrapping.
    I'd love to try a game-mode with free-for all as well, some way of making a team with other players and letting as many teams as players find sustainable develop.

12. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

If the option to implement a team color vote does happen. I think there should be a rule against brown/black team. Their ability to blend into the environment would put many other colors at an unfair advantage. A new master race will be formed around the black/brown race.

13. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

RACIST! Lol. In all reality though that's true. They'd blend in. And then a white team would stand out so easily it'd be unfair.

14. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

If a team wanted to be pro and have a disadvantage by being white, then they could do so. But yeah, I think brown shouldn't be allowed... what about green though? That's a tough one. Arguably there's much more brown than green on the map, so it probably wouldn't be a problem.

15. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

I've developed a theory that the blue team is actually the master race because they possess the sidescroller advantage of moving to the right

typically the red team holds this advantage which struck me as a bit odd the first time i played this game so long ago

but for this simple reason, it is easier to raid the red base simply because it is fated that they will always be on the right side of the map

an unfortunate and unavoidable truth unless mapmakers start putting the red spawn on the left side of the map

however this is not unfortunate for me because i am a blue player

i would never do something as low-down as play on the red team

or capitalize my sentences and type a single line of text

iming is nice yep

16. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Geti, I didn't say drawing things pre-game, but even before that. As in:
    No-game stage: You aren't in a game, or trying to join one. You can make an emblem in a seperate editor, in the same menu as the map editor.
    Pre-game stage: People are waiting before the game starts. They are voting for a team color and an emblem.
    Game stage: People have the chosen color on their armor/clothes ,just like now, and they can see the emblem when choosing teams.

I'll expand on this later, to demonstrate my RGB-value point. I hope I'm actually right.
    Edit: Never mind on the last part.

17. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Personally I voted red because I am a fan of Red vs Blue (the RoosterTeeth series) and I lean towards the red team in that, and I support Arsenal FC (primary colour being red) and my sports house at school is red. Sooo...I like red :)

18. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

The strongest team wins.

There's no "strong" or "master" side.

It's all on the players and on the team you got, personally i win on any side i play on, no matter what colour. (not to brag, just to clear things, cauze theres rly no master side)

Chosen likes this.
  19. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

pressing backspace says that blue are the smart guys,and red are the party'ing dumb****'s.just like in school :D
    i say that red is the strongest but blue can come up with nifty smart stuff.

i choose blue

20. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

This.

There is no master race. This also means that there's no need to pretend yours is. The only master race is the one that wins.