1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Reduce door spam.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kodysch, Feb 14, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. i agree that fire needs to be a reliable way to counter door hallways. but what about underwater hallways?
    how about wooden doors decaying in water really, really slow (~2min)?

SirDangalang and PeggleFrank like this.
  2. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Has also been mentioned in the mechanics build update thread and I like the idea. Over time wooden doors buckle and break under the water pressure whilst stone doors stand strong.

3. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Hey devs, secretly add this into the next update.

Let's watch the frustrated builders franticly place doors to try and stay alive!
    Also I am all for this, now in maps with tunnelers just flood them out and the water will "eventually" flood the whole thing!

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

would make sponges more necessary, but lets all be honest here and say that sponges still will barely be used in vanilla play

AmestriStephen likes this.
  5. weman713

weman713 Haxor

I fully agree with this. It's ridiculous that 2 stone can make doors and platforms fireproof. It makes using stonedoors just a waste. The only reason why it isn't spammed a lot is because not everyone know about it. just like slash canceling, it's a broken mechanic that not everyone knows about, but still needs to be fixed.

6. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

Wait what? Is that right?! I'll test it soon enough.

7. PUNK123

stone doors are much more bomb proof and arent affected by slashes. That is the main reason wooden doors arent op

bru-jaz, Stevedog and Fernegulus like this.
  8. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Wooden doors are already very easy to take out with a good team; you just need to focus on destroying it which is better than, "Well while were doing this lets destroy their main wooden doors," which is what your suggesting instead of focusing on the doors themselves and treating it like a serious task other than a secondary chore, which it shouldn't be; usually doors are very important to both teams.

9. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

the problem is how fast they can be placed compared to how hard they are to destroy. one builder with a saw mill can spam the hell out of anything.

swagbot likes this.
  10. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

They're really easily destroyed now, though. Doorspam used to be the best counter-builder strategy, and it was annoying as all hell to break so many doors. But since the nerf builders can mow through wood and stone doors alike. Using more than one stone door at any entrance is basically a waste.

Now platform spam in tunnels has replaced door spam, which is good imo because platforms can be annoying to deal with for both teams so there's more of a tradeoff. There was no downside to door spam.

And, uh, literally every block can be placed faster than destroyed. never mind misunderstood. They definitely were very cheap, and too powerful. I do think it's important that anti-tunneling methods are cheap, which is why I like platforms as an anti-tunneling block so much.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    bru-jaz, PUNK123, Dargona1018 and 2 others like this.
  11. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Did I miss something?

12. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Wood doors only take 4 hits now, and stone doors only take a couple more. I don't know when they added that and I can't remember seeing it in any build notes.

Dargona1018 and PUNK123 like this.
  13. watermelon200

watermelon200 Catapult Fodder

it would be a good idea to make wooden doors burn easier, but then, knights are able to break them down with their swords :knight::door:

swagbot and J-man2003 like this.
  14. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

Not a terrible idea, but removing the saw would remove a layer to traps (they're great for traps). I suppose this could be addressed by not removing the saw, just taking away it's ability to destroy trees and produce wood. Though, it doesn't stop someone from creating a tree farm and farming mass amounts of wood, it only hinders it. It will take longer for builders to farm the wood to spam doors, which cures the problem in certain instances where door spam is vital to preventing a loss, but you can bet your ass it will still happen.

The response to this new dynamic would be to spam wooden doors, but to spam them in every other block, or to spam a small cluster, then spam the next cluster a block apart from the previous cluster. It doesn't exactly fix the problem, it only complicates it. I still wouldn't mind seeing this addition and would also suggest accelerating the rate at which fire burns (specifically) wooden doors.

15. PUNK123

They're trash for traps because someone can bombmine the corner and destroy the saw. really really stupid thing.
    Personally i feel like the fix to an insane amount of wood is to nerf the saw by making it get less wood per tree(or more specifically less per log) and make the tree be easier to break for the builder. Would also help mining the billion trees at mid and actually give them a use.
    I personally feel like fire arrows are overall less useful than water arrows(stuns are op yo) and because they are less useful they should cost less, but 5 coin fire arrows would be cancerous. Would preferable have water cost 30 and fire cost 20.
    that is solving the effect and not the cause. Would be better to have it knock down quick but the saw give you less wood per log. Might even lead to some people mining the logs(god forbid the trees at mid ever have a use for anyone but a campy archer).

16. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

waterarrows = 30 coins? srsly
    about firearrows, i feel like they get a buff tbh, maybe a better area spread, like that?
    :castle_wall: :camping: :castle_wall:
    :camping::camping::camping:
    :castle_wall: :camping: :castle_wall:
    less wood/log + faster mine > less use of saw by definition (cutting logs obviously), but looks like the only reliable source to fix the woodspam

17. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

The necro is strong with this one.

Tbh, I don't ever feel like wood is spammed much except in case where all the stone is gone. If you make a corridor of wood doors they generally get decimated by knights/bombs/builders pretty quickly. Although, if it really is a problem, just make wood doors spread flames to each other regardless of back wall type. As far as I remember, flammable objects are actually meant to spread flames to each other according to the code, but it maybe just doesn't work?

J-man2003 likes this.
  18. PUNK123

There's no necro in a suggestion.
    your diagram doesnt show anything. It is less wood per destroyed log which isnt that huge of a nerf imo. Like a drill mining 50% of stone(which shouldnt happen anymore) but with the saw and wood logs. Also yes it would be 15 coins per singular water arrow and 10 coins per fire arrow. I personally like it alot better.
    Bad idea for a fix. The area for the door is already weak because people can be killed in them. I dont see how spreading fire across all wooden doors would really make the game any better. Wooden doors are filler while stone doors are what stops the enemy(stops the knights from slashing in) if fire arrows need a buff then have them spread across platforms regardless of backwall. I mean it is pretty much more powerful to have a platform front than a stonewall from because your archers can camp it and knights can attack thru it. I personally think that form of meta is alittle lame but not sure whether lame enough for removal.

19. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I totally think this should be a thing. I didn't find out about the whole stone wall platforms thing until recently but, it's fucking insane how useful that is. Just put some stone walls then you don't have to worry about the walls breaking from fire, only one platform is destroyed per 15 coin fire arrow when platforms are easy to get, and you can just replace the platform immediately ON the stone back-walling. I'd like it better if they all got consumed regardless because it gives more strategy to how you set up your platforms imo. Encourages you to space them out, make breaks, keep up a decent back-wall, and perform maintenance on you walls. Plus it'd be a godsend against those people who just spam platform walls with no doors or blocks or anything.

[​IMG]

As the spamming of these walls is becoming all the more common among newer players. and if they add stone walls to those they become such a pain to cleanup. :QQ:

Mods: Rainbows