1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Regarding new doors.

Discussion in 'Balance' started by JoshTG, Dec 7, 2013.

1. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

So many people were making complaints about wooden door spam, as with a saw you could amass huge walls of wooden doors to block and delay things from happening.

Devs deliver with a door nerf ( thanks for listening ), however nerf applies to both doors. Even though stone doors were never spammed, and to do so would hurt your team more than help it.

Simple solution to stop the rage would be to only apply nerf to wooden doors, as with the new mechanics stone doors can be taken out with 2 well placed bombs, a huge nerf considering it would take around 8 bombs to take out 2 stone doors before.

hierbo, Aeroblitzer, Monsteri and 4 others like this.
  2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Wooden door spam really wasn't an issue before, no one just seems to know about fire arrows.

3. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

This nerf seems to mainly effect BC and others who build frustrating wood structures of doom. Which comically enough because he invents so many cancer towers this "balance" is practically to balance the game because of one guy. . .
    Really, besides those most wood things could be burned like the base was wearing nothing at all. But now a player is restricted in how they can build and it is quite awkward an easy to forget!

But yeah, only effecting wood doors would be fine, seriously the only time I have ever seen stone doors spammed was a tower made with some 8+ thick door...that I went over instead of through...

4. JoshTG

It was a problem that enough people complained to get it changed, but it doesn't really matter anymore. I just want stone doors to not be paper walls.

Sponncx, Klokinator and Crabmaster like this.
  5. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

This idea, but as an addition, I think

A. Touching the wall
    or
    B. Touching a door that is touching the wall.

(Does not extend to third door)

:castle_wall::door: :yes:

:castle_wall::door::door: :yes:

:castle_wall::door::door::door: :no:

PUNK123, Klokinator and Crabmaster like this.
  6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I would prefer this as well.

Sponncx likes this.
  7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I feel.. like a new door spam may come in which is like this... maybe...

:door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door:
    :castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door:
    :castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall:
    Not sure how horrifically annoying this kinda spam might be... but it might be effective... :o
    (will whip out other laptop to conduct tests of death...)

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

well basically old door spam was that but dirt back wall instead of stone. That looks just like an inefficient slab to me

9. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

I think the new change is perfect and very clever! There is really nothing for me to say against it and I'm glad they fixed this issue. In one fell swoop, they answered both door towers AND door spam all over backwall. Good job KAG team!!! :thumbs_up:
    Its not perfect though, I agree. Doors are now essentially nerfed. Here's an example :
    :castle_wall: :left: - Bomb this block
    :stone_door:
    :stone_door:
    :castle_wall: :left: - or this block
    A single well-timed cooked bomb can now take down a stone door, since after a few seconds the door part will shake and break and knights can get in. There is enough time to replace the broken block though, so an active team with a builder can prevent this. :builder:
    Is this a problem? Thoughts?

Nivlac_13 likes this.
  10. JoshTG

Yes, seeing how no one ever spammed stone doors

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Sponncx and Klokinator like this.
  11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Lol yeah okay. Stone door spam never existed. Yeah, sure. :kappa:

12. JoshTG

Even if you did spam its a huge watse of stone for your team, it hurts you more than it helps you

Sponncx likes this.
  13. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Stone doors now are just as resistant to bombs as stone blocks in the latest build, spamming them would be a waste.

14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm beginning to believe that you don't actually know anything about kag and have been playing it for like, a week.

15. JoshTG

He means with 1 bomb you can break 1 door, as with 1 bomb you you can break 1 block

Sponncx likes this.
  16. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I misread and thought he meant stone blocks were as strong as stone doors.

17. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

I have been playing beta for like four weeks, and really only watched videos before, so you are pretty close to right.

Hurtful mean tho.
    ::(:

18. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

its ok klok doesnt know how to play either

Sponncx, Crabmaster and Kouji like this.
  19. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

No more making a door that I can fit a catapult or boat through. ;-;

Guitarman and Crabmaster like this.
  20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh shit... nuuuuuu ; v;

Crabmaster likes this.