1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Regarding the recent duplicate account griefing + BANS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poe, Aug 9, 2011.

1. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Recently, some may have noticed, people were reverting back to a prior form of griefing that had existed in KAG. This was an error of mine that is fixed now. This error only existed for a short window of time so not enough damage could have been caused. No one could log in as an admin, and no one could get your password.

Do not worry about losing anything it is all safe. The worst thing that could have happened is yo got your password reset, in which case feel free to email me and I will help you get your account back.

I apologize for this, and if you have further concerns, email me.

2. Beef

Beef Guest

Phew.

3. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Glad to hear it.

4. Mordred

Mordred Guest

I'm glad we can put these shenanigans behinds us.

5. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Thank you once again poe for your great work hopefully the attacks on my clan members will cease to exist :].

6. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Poe do they have tacos where you live? Like legit good tacos? not the crappy store bought tortilla ones but with freshly made tortillas, shredded slow roasted pork (thats so moist and juicy), hand made guacamole that is mashed slowly on a mortar and pestle, hand shredded cheese slightly melting on the warm roasted pork, freshly tossed salsa with chiles so spicy they add the most refreshing kick of spice you ever knew, with the nice soft and crisp lettuce to provide a crunchy texture? If whatever country you live in has that... that is a good country for game making.

[img=taco]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n637/Fellere825/qwe/cyKXdYXOur3zezaby-mumT640x480.jpg?t=1312944624[/img]

7. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl Guest

You know, this whole thing is become *very bizarre*.

8. Fellere825

The name duplication is still happening somehow. Many HA players have reported that their names are being used to grief after the post that said everything was fixed.

9. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

Fellere, are you sure that these are not only screenshots taken before the fix?

10. Fellere825

http://kagforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=781
    this whole event had happened today. Someone impersonating you also kicked some people in our clan.
    I copy and pasted this from the logs in the game folder.
    [65640] Created netobject: netid 5421 name runner
    [65659] Created netobject: netid 5423 name egg
    [65782] Vote started: Kick [HA] Overlord?

Reason: Hackers Anonymous Group GRIEFING/HACKING Clan undercover as a legit group!!! ban all HA's from now on!!!!!!

Casted by: Quimbo
    [65793] Created netobject: netid 5425 name runner
    [65797] Created netobject: netid 5426 name runner
    [65834] Created netobject: netid 5427 name egg

11. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

Looks like I'm the target atm, I find this quite amusing.
    Hope poe can sort this out soon tho :)

Btw, around an hour ago on that 255 player server was really me, but I don't bear a grudge for you HA guys for kicking me in these times ;)

12. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Was it me and overlord? im very sorry for that.... before there was tons of Quimbo fakes :x

13. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Sorry about that bro but your Faker has been harassing us for a while now have to be careful :p

14. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Listen up folks. The problem is fixed in that it is no longer possible to create new fake accounts for deleting people.

However, only a few of the already duplicated accounts have been deleted so far.
    So if you were already being impersonated, its still possible.

So a little more work is still required.
    It will be done, do not worry.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh also, a few false bans have likely been thrown about here and there - if you've been banned in game without reason please post here and we'll sort it out.

16. Lirael

Lirael Guest

Poe how do we go about emailing you? it seems my Forum account and my ingame account both don't accept the true password :S

17. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

For forum account, I (or Furai) can sort that out. Pop into irc (click the link to #kag in my sig) and we'll fix it.

EDIT: Fixed! :D
    EDITED EDIT: Lireal's game account is also fixed.