1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF [REJECTED]Remains

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Lava, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Map name: Lava_Remains
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: beats me
    Map: [​IMG]

2. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

I do like this one at the first look ;3
    I´ll try it out later :3

Lava likes this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

What is the actual point of making the bedrock so fancy? No one will ever see it unless they try to tunnel low. If they do they wouldn't understand how the bedrock formation works and it would become a huge pain.
    Also, what is the point of those two little ponds underground? They're surrounded by bedrock so they can't be used to flood any tunnels. If builders encounter them they would most likely just block the top of it.
    It looks like it will be a stalemate map once both teams create towers on the edge of the stone 'bowl'. Maybe add some height to the centre like a collapsed stone structure.
    Otherwise, it looks quite decent. This is my first proper analysis of a map so I hope I'm interpreting it right.

mcrifel likes this.
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The bowl feature is reminiscent of Joikenctf and the map looks like it would play out in some of the same ways. There will be a tower built on the higher ground and enemies will be expected to charge up the hill to win(which is quite difficult). The large mound of lightstone blocks at mid would probably just lead to players chewing away at mid and the resource placement elsewhere doesnt inspire confidence(it seems more likely ratting players would find res, than players who are looking to mine). As for the buried gold that is fine enough(it is just different than most maps). The bedrock art also isnt exactly good and the tentacles are so far apart that people could legitimately get confused/stuck. Rejected for now.

bunnie and mcrifel like this.