1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Report abusive players (griefers/hackers)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by MM, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Il give you guys my money again and again,just save us from those nolifepeople...
    Really,every server miss an admin!
    Why do people who play all the time,and they do play,cant do anything,and some "great" players who have rcon pass,they play here and there...
    Why do you hosts restrict yourself only to your teammates?Or clan members?
    When i get more resources for [HA] server,trust me,it will not be HA admins only!

2. Bene

Bene Guest

Syperapr is still active. We kicked him just now because he destroyed our defences. Can't remember if Official Euro server or GC Euro.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

A new round of bans based on this evidence.

If everyone could yell at Poe to make him work faster on requiring email activation and unique emails for each account that'd be great ;)

Haiter is right though, server owners would be wise to give various trusted users their rcon passwords - moderation is the ultimate solution to griefing.

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

@Poe, I'm yelling at you!

5. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

I fully understand how it WILL limit griefing, Geti, but RIGHT NOW it's spending 9 dollars on a game I cannot play. For the record, it's 3x more in Poland - a 'day' of work in my part time job and I've got bills to pay. ;) Not to mention the feeling I'll get when kicked by beaver after paying. I hope you understand, I'm not going there.

6. lehoon

lehoon Guest

heres that SEDGEWICH BEVERAGE guy again, but using another name

[​IMG]

This time his name is: LexterTheMolester.
    I was on like an 18 to 2 run also...

7. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

8. sado

sado Shopkeep Stealer

I also got kicked by lexterthemolester for nothing if anyone cares

9. struna123

struna123 Guest

i was griefed by a few minutes ago by [HA]Wargod Loki
    i made screenshot, but i cant make a screenshot with full open chat. anyway u can see destroyed tile beneath outpost (made by throwing stones on me) and he stole my flag and did it 2 times.
    please ban this guy. i lost all of mine resources as well as mine stats goes down.

[​IMG]

10. DosBoss

DosBoss Guest

I was also grieved by Loki earlier today where he started making demands and if people didn't listen he would votecast them I witnessed this for 15 minutes.

11. struna123

struna123 Guest

lol u killed me twice a row, and its an abusing. this thread helps to ban such abusive players like you, so i made my post here.
    if you can ban people such goodie or Darth Vader for such things like just writing in chat about griefing, why there is could be an exception for you ? you griefed me thats all. and stop swearing on me please.
    i hope that admins are fair here and will make no exception for you
    PS i go to cap all the time, stop lying... moreover you killed me twice. u were builder so u can make me ladders instead.

12. struna123

struna123 Guest

im not neither goodie nor another user. idk why u griefing, but i wouldnt play in this game anymore when such ppl like you can killing another team players freely, without any consequences.

13. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

I believe you loki. (who wouldn't?)

14. Buster3000

Buster3000 Guest

So today in dethchiken server I see Loki and Vania grieving our team Loki was dropping blocks on people at spawn while vania would build platforms for him to stand on and nothing would be done about this. Im sick of this grief, This is the only time i will make a thread if this happens again im qutting. I was one of the people you two tk'ed.

15. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Let's just ignore that, please. No one's gonna ban you on their word, Loki. Turn off your emotions, they give beaver a boner. Or perhaps just what he was probably never given - attention.

16. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Loki, just stop playing for a bit, play on less public servers. Griefers can't possibly piss you off if you're not there to be pissed off. It's just a game remember, and he clearly has absolutely nothing better to do with his time, while you can do something else.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Loki: premium users will be spared griefing. There's no way of stopping griefing with code because it's deliberate abuse of otherwise legitimate mechanics - if you nerf the mechanics then no-one's happy. The only way to counter them is through moderation and banning. The only way for someone to grief for any long period of time on gold servers would be to buy many accounts, as we'll perma-ban anyone with griefing evidence against them.

Accounts need to be made a little more time consuming to get for standard users as well, and I think they should require a unique email address. That way normal users don't experience much any extra hassle, but multi-accounters (hackers and griefers) have to make temporary email addresses to activate the accounts.

IP bans don't work as IP addresses can be spoofed.
    HardwareID/MAC bans are an invasion of privacy and don't work because MAC addresses etc can be spoofed.

The only way to stop them is to either have people sitting around able to kick them in a flash (SERVER OWNERS GIVE TRUSTED USERS YOUR GODDAMN RCON PASSWORD) or make them incur loss by griefing (through banning their premium account).

As frustrating as it is, that's the truth.

18. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Besides you're being the latest spambot on our forum, Loki, that's actually an interesting idea. Although we all want that votekicking feature removed this could be a quick workaround if it's easy to do.

19. Thorn

Thorn Guest

Because it would still be possible for these assholes to make 50 new accounts in one day and wait for the three days to elapse, and then when the timer is elapsed, show up and kick 50 people or more people on the fourth day. >.<

20. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

well,my 9$ are really worth if they secure me from those griefers!It seems that well know guys(everyone who make sh*tload of posts against them on forum and in game)get kicked cause of our nicks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.