1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Report abusive players (griefers/hackers)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by MM, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@loki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address
    We can't do a hardwareID ban because such a thing doesn't exist.
    If you've heard elsewhere please give me a good reference of their implementation and I'll look into it.

MAC addresses used to be a massive PITA to change but now they're relatively easy to spoof.

@thorn: we're working on making a scheme like that more of a hassle to do - unique email requirement and email activation would be a place to start I think. Bug poe about it :P

2. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Official Euro Server.Rcon pass?I don`t remember when did i see admin on that server...And i got kicked today,again...Vote passed by 2 players!Really?16 players on server lol

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That number can be changed afaik fwiw.

Code:
    in base/scripts/autoconfig.gm:

global g_kickvote_percent = 33; // Percentage of players needed for a kick vote to pass.
    global g_mapvote_percent = 33; // Percentage of team players needed for a map vote to pass.
    global g_vote_time = 60; // How long (in seconds) does the voting take place.
    global g_kickvote_bantime = 15; // How long (in minutes) is the player banned after a kick vote.
    pretty sure they're working, not sure though.

4. Bene

Bene Guest

16 Players on server is 8 Players in one team * 33% standard percentage for vote to pass = 2,64 Players, rounded down so 2 Players needed to pass vote.
    The problem ist that when the percentage ist higher you get the problem of not beeing able to kick people because some don't vote or care.

5. Geti

Do you mean able to vote in polls or able to start a vote?

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Starting a vote I think. I agree this would help, at least for well established servers with regular players who log in most of the day (only one decent regular player needs to be on at any time to vote kick a griefer). New account griefers will then be discouraged a little because they can't even votekick anyone and if they grief they'll be banned anyways.

7. XCalibur54

XCalibur54 Guest

It could be actual playing time instead. 5 hours perhaps? That way greifers wouldn't be able to sit around for three days with 50 accounts. They would actually have to play.

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hmmm, forgive me my far going assumptions - maybe people just don't like you? And really - no need to post on forums every 60 seconds. I know you're now pissed off but at other times you just post smileys? - I beg your pardon. Use some common sense. Really. It's not that hard. Also - there exists edit button and it's there not without reason, like it, learn to use it. That's all from me.

9. StijStij

StijStij Guest

Loki I've watched you evolve as a player a really good one infact but lately I have been sitting behind and watch you turn into a egotistical crybaby and you greif to an extent and then try to place innocent. Ive seen you senselessly destroy castles and blame others as well as TK people lately as others have stated. You lie you cry but you never take blame on yourself stop griefing yourself and maybe you wouldn't be getting kicked. I am on my laptop but my password is not enabled on this computer so i made this account for this laptop.

10. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

So, you made an account just to complain about loki? (not suspicious at all)

11. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

use teh edit butten!

12. StijStij

StijStij Guest

idiot

13. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Beavers, stand and fight like a man. We're not doing wrestling here.

14. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

OMG,they are even of forums! :O

15. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Got kicked by BandofDickLords or something like that. No evidence. Just watch out. Apparently I am a known griefer... :P

*I restate this as it has happened again* :P time to read Game of Thrones i guess ha ha

16. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

HannahMontana, Bandofdicklords(cheers for the correction fallere). Fall under beaver because they do the usual thing of trying to vote someone off with the "GRIEFING MAIN BASE" reason and leaving the game before the vote ends if it fails, and leaving the game if anyone says they're a griefer.

*awaits beaver drone who posts about me being a griefer with under 10 forum posts*

17. Beef

Beef Guest

Another for "Hannahmontana", on Furai's server. He was votekicking people for false reasons, and when I pointed this out, he started a votekick saying I'm a 'griefer nigger faggot'. What's more surprising is other people actually hit F12 to this.

18. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

cheers ha ha :D

19. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Guess why? You're the perfect victim for every troll. You continuously whine every time you get kicked, you don't understand that with such a behaviour you're just helping the trolls. And your excessive use of exclamation marks, smileys and "%&ยง$%&!" and of course your lack of punctuation and a proper syntax just makes the trolls laugh even more at you.
    The only successful weapon against trolling is: Ignore them. Don't give them attention. Don't make your issue with them public. We know at this moment that this certain guy is changing his account like every hour so posting his latest accountnicks here doesn't make sense at all and won't help aynone but the troll. You're just creating a cat-vs-mouse game.
    You will most possibly get kicked often in future by trolls or griefers. Since there is no proper solution against this behaviour atm just understand and accept that you can't do anything about it. You reported about it for like 100-times. We know your problems. Just...pls...stop posting here. You're only feeding the trolls.

20. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Seems like you did not understand a word I've said. And no, I'm not happy that you only whine about some of the "more than 100 kicks".
    In my opinion you're acting against this rule (which should also be added to the forum rules btw).

Anyway. Knock yourself out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.