1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Repository/Build Server Migrations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 22, 2014.

1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think they should make it so archers can grapple onto a war boat and when it speeds up they can water ski from the back

Kububv, Fuzzle, Auburn and 4 others like this.
  2. Personally that would be pretty cool to see, but I don't think it's going to come into play

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'd say the same to you as I did to Klok.
    "Well, I must be on the wrong servers . . . I pretty much exclusively play on Last Kings CTF, as its the only one that I find that is hosted in the US (that isn't Black Death) and that has anyone on it. And nobody plays TTH anymore (even though everyone wants too ), so those are out of the picture."

Well, someone likes to take things out of context.
    Those were more of ramblings afterwards, not exactly linked, but still kinda sorta not-really.
    The others were pretty valid points, and were about how the shotgun broke the game.

I think I know your problem. You can't seem to get it that people aren't just pissed off at the shotgun, and thus we will speak of more. You are getting your panties in a twist over people talking about things other than the shotgun. You are being slightly hypocritical. You are saying "dont put everything that happened after in one thing about the sthogun" even though all of our concerns were in the same damn update. I don't really care about the Knight nerfs, those were really needed, but the shotgun broke the game, broke the balance, and upset most people that looked past "Oh, well you can avoid this".

The thing is, we don't want to have to avoid overpowered and bullshit things.
    Spikes? You can avoid them, keep them in the game.
    Boulders? You can avoid them, keep them in the game.
    Glitchy mines? (earlier update) You can avoid them, keep them in the game.

Most of your arguements are just like that. "There are ways around it" instead of "The ways around it are ridiculous and too much work for anyone to logically do". I think that is the main thing that you don't understand, or may be unable to fathom. You are defending the shotgun, even though you even said, quite plainly, that they are not balanced, and you said previously that you didn't like the shotgun.

You seem to be on a crusade against people who don't like the shotgun, even though you do too.

And sorry to jump around, but back to the same update thing:
    If there are more updates where the shotgun isn't fixed, and that they are "changing it to be better" instead of "removing for balance", would you stick around in old threads where no one can hear you scream, or go to a new thread where people will be able to hear your words? The new one, that is the answer, so you got an F on that assignment.
    And I think that Klok is the only one wanting things to revert back to 1180, so stop placing that tag on everyone that doesn't agree with every single thing that you like and don't like.

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Okay, I have at no point defended shotgun or spikes or any other issues by claiming "you can avoid them". I did not say that. I said that I am glad the devs are attempting to fix them. Your argument is a total strawman.
    Don't blame me for a badly titled list. I took nothing out of context, it was simply bad communication.

Again, just because I disagree with some points you are making does not mean I like shotgun. I am not on a crusade against those who hate it, you are on a crusade against anyone who disagrees with a part of your argument. I am not your total opponent, I agree with you on points, so stop making up what I am saying to put me directly opposite to you.

You can say what is wrong with this build if it was not added in the last update. What you can't do is make a list of things you claim to be directly caused by shotgun and then include tunnels and drills. Then when I say that makes no sense you call me illogical and say I take things out of context. That was a badly made list, yet you blame me for reading it.

Everything you are saying now is similar to what I think: Shotgun sucks, knight nerfs were needed, I hope spikes/drills/tunnels are fixed. Then you pretend that it's my fault for not knowing you didn't want a revert when you simply jumped in and agreed with Klok without stating your differences, then saying that it was obvious you weren't putting everything in a group. You did not state your position but said Klok had good points. Then when it turns out you think differently, you make up new things I apparently said to put us at odds.

We seem to agree about most things so you are making arguments out of nothing. Maybe I wouldn't have looked at your list twice if you hadn't made your apparent position obvious. You are allowed to mention all the things you think are wrong in one post. Don't change what you said now that you realise you aren't on the same page as Klok.

Please quote where I defended any of the problems with this build. I only disagreed with your arguing style and your conclusions. I did not disagree with the facts. Just because I think you are making generalisations (if you are not, do not side with someone who is) does not mean I am blindly defending everything you disagree with.

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

10:1 odds klok will rekt this arguement

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I had a long reply typed up, Punk, but I'm not gonna bother anymore. Geti's a smart man. He has the final decision. Even if everyone else ignores what I'm saying about the game's lack of fun and balance, Geti/MM will likely at least consider them given how long I've played and my suggestion history which unlike duplolas doesn't include overpowered features and unlike ninjacell includes actual suggestions that would improve the game so he'll see that I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not gonna bother debating this anymore. I've stated what NEEDS to change and be fixed, and ignoring me puts beta in peril of being completely unsalvagable. We don't need more nerfs, we need more buffs. We need more overpowered shenanigans, we need more crazy antics, and we need less whiny input "omg it 2 herd 4 me" to affect the future of the game. These forumgoers aren't designing a game for a mass audience, Geti and MM are. I also am and incidentally my game is extremely popular right now.

Incidentally, I do not hate the shotgun. I never have hated it. I only hate it now because the knight nerfs are what truly broke the game. If the shotgun was still here and the knight wasn't nerfed, the archer would be far more interesting, the knight would be awesome and fun to rekk as, and the builder could still have their little spike drop and repairing upgrades without adversely affecting balance, that's all there is to it. Shotgun innately is not bad, the spam is, and the weakened state of knights are.

7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

arent you just full of it;i have an issue with everyone wanting to remove the main defense builders have against bomb jumping angry knights camping below there tower because if there werent camping knights there wouldnt be camping builder ffs and like i said i would like op shenanagians for all classes if theyre equally buffed but no one even considers it(i think people think im a troll)

8. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Guys, guys. I don't mean to encroach on your right to have a well-meaning and sensibly thought out discussion, but I have to ask you to have a well-meaning and sensibly thought out discussion. If you want to get personal with the poorly disguised insults, then just leave. Or start a pm to settle your differences. Reasonable discussion is welcomed, but when it devolves to shouting a single opinion progressively louder, then things are going to start getting moved and/or deleted, as per usual.

Also, Klok, I know you're a professional and all, but pulling a rank card that doesn't exist tends not to work too well. You're not the first person to heavily mod a popular game, and you're certainly not the first to think that doing so makes your judgement somehow more useful than anyone else's.
    You could benefit from maybe calming yourself down, stepping off that pedestal, and realising that placing a strike through something doesn't not make you a dick.

Galen gave me some advice for everyone.

UnnamedPlayer, Geti and Galen like this.
  9. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I was thinking that hella might've been very obvious about what he asked from you guys, and yet you still replied in such a manner. Deleted latest post.

Pizza likes this.
  10. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Well, peace has been somewhat established. Until the next update. Then we shall battle again! It can't come soon enough!

[​IMG]

11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm not sure if archers can grapple and hold a chicken at the same time but if they can they should be able to para sail if they hold a chicken while water skiing

Anonymuse likes this.
  12. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Funny. Everybody wants some buffs/nerfs, while I want those shitty 'stunned-forever' and sound bugs to be fixed...

Dargona1018, NinjaCell and Klokinator like this.
  13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Omg that stunned forever glitch is the worst! Where a knight doesn't telegraph moves at all and you have to rely on laggy ping-based sound, it makes one knight an unstoppable force.

Worse, he has no idea it's happening. So you call him a glitcher and he's like "wtf u talkin about liar".

Dargona1018 and PinXviiN like this.