1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[request] New tutorial poster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, Jun 17, 2011.

1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

2. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I would love to make one.

Some deeper explanation of the games mechanics would be helpful though.

Also, I thinkmaking the tutorial for the new CTF mode would make more sense.

3. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

Added hearts, catapult, bombs, bedrock, archer dirt diggling, replaced gold/stone tiles and changed game objective.

[​IMG]

Waiting for a detailed explanation of CTF

I'm interested in the initial spawn location, how exactly the building of forts will take place and what the resource stockpiles are all about, where they will be and how they will be used.

4. R. J.

R. J. Guest

Gold collection system is wrong- you bring gold not to the tent, but to sacks. Some new players come to game with this misunderstanding.
    No information about bombs.
    Old tiles for stone and gold.
    No new types of stone.

I think MM wanted the new features that were added lately to see in the manual...

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Guys, I recently got fraps and I was thinking about recording some videos for king arthurs gold. One of them (Or several, since youtube has a time limit) would be the basics of the game. I know you still need a tutorial picture, but maybe if the video is good... you could have it somewhere? :P

Maybe also you should link to the wiki in the tutorial picture too...

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah a tutorial video would be handy too, especially one showing some of the "finer" points of gameplay like using catapults as a skybridge counter or cooking bombs before throwing them. :) Go for it.

I'll make a formal tutorial once the game is "finished" (feature-stable) but I'm focussed on assets at the moment for the CTF release. A good tutorial to help out new players would be great.

7. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah do the video. In my opinion it should be a couple short 1-2 minute videos.

Thanks vig. I tweaked it a bit and put up on my blog.

CTF elements should be added after I make the release. It's hard to explain it and you need the actual graphics.

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Oh woops.. They're actually quite long, like 7-8 mins long each. Oh well. Later i'll make more brief versions for you.

9. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

Neart, when the time comes, could you please post links in this topic. I'm sure many of us (including myself) would like to take a look at your work.