1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Request] (Project) of an extension of KAG

Discussion in 'Requests' started by GreenLich, Mar 6, 2014.

1. GreenLich

GreenLich Catapult Fodder

Greetings Community :smug:

So i am here today to talk about a big project i have in mind. An extension of KAG. the theme you're asking me? Well it's MAGIC. we know when we talk about middle-ages, we can also talk about wizzard and witchcraft. And i am sure some of you are already shouting in front of their PC that they want to keep the good old KAG we have actually. so i know this and the option might be to make 2seperate version of KAG. or the option to play with the extension or without it.

This extension will add some new object, new siege machines(i hope so) new blocks and even maybe new weapon and surely a new game-mod. so it's a big project and i can't do it alone:chicken:
    So i need help (in particuliar with the modding, because i dont how to do this witchcraft of yours :QQ: but i am gonna try to learn) Anyway. I can do the sprites an graphics and find the idea / GameDesign.

Nabuco and Sir_Walter are already helping me with the idea / Game-Design. And i will be really thankfull if someone could help us in anyway (make a little team will be magnificent)

If you want to know more about this Project or want to help us. just contact me via the forum. Also if some of you already want to help us. We're making a meeting at 8p.m GMT. If you want to participate even just by curiosity it's the same just pm me via the forum or add me via steam (GreenLich) if you're a steamFag like me ::P:

On this, i wish you to pass a good day people :smug:

Sir_Walter likes this.
  2. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Not going to help script but #kag.modding, you know what's up.

Joiken likes this.
  3. okay,so i'm not really a fan of witchcraft.but a medieval version of kag (with mages,davinci sieges machines*1,an architect class and BURNING TAR.) i do like.

i wanna join in.
    Skills:
    basic cpp.no experience angelscript(yet)
    basic spriting.
    ideas and resources.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 6, 2014 ---
    *1.davinci siege machines is something i wanna accomplish personally.with or without help.

main insperation:
    http://www.drawingsofleonardo.org/images/siegemachine.jpg
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111009121800/avatar/images/0/04/Gyatso_and_Roku_glide.png

4. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I'd be glad to help. I had been working on something similar, an edited TTH mode, adding in some of the old stuff that fit in the game nicely or is at least cool to mess around with (Dorms, rafts, HEAVILY MODIFIED Bombers (so that they aren't OP as they are now.)) Along with new stuff I'm trying to figure out, like cannons, new boats, gliders, and other stuff I should have wrote down but didn't because I got angry that I couldn't code worth crap and then I abandoned the project. All wrapped up with shiny new tech trees with new tech and some new mechanics for things (IE ballista bomb bolts would need to be aquired through an even later tech, drill upgrade techs, aquiring techs for certain things (like bombers) would only give you the ability to craft it with expensive mats.)

But I quit because I couldn't make a sponge that absorbed more liquid (stupid right, but that was my test to see if I was actually competent at all and I failed. (It was probbably some hardcoded shit though))

Tl;Dr adding you on steam and I hope to at least help with planning or something
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 6, 2014 ---
    That first thing is called a siege tower. I never knew davinci had a drawing of one though. That's neat! That website also has some cool flying machine sketches but you can't really see them well

5. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

6. bout

bout Shark Slayer

This "project" is going to be abandoned anytime soon. I've already got experience with similar ventures.

7. GreenLich

too much work?

8. bout

bout Shark Slayer

You will just lack motivation soon.

9. ::(:getting depressed,cause i have had this before

10. GreenLich

Well seriously: First i never saw someone like that. it's not because you passed this and took it bad that you need to put down other who have theit dreams and try their best to do it. i am maybe not a pro for making sprites. i dont how to code. i am young and i dont give 1FUCK. Because i have hope and motivation. if i need to wait 2year. well i will wait 2 year. i want to do this and i will do this.

11. bout

bout Shark Slayer

That's cute. I was pretty much like you when I tried to make Oblivion mod for Minecraft.

12. GreenLich

well yes. sorry i am maybe a little upset to see this but in a way i know you're right but i wannna do it ^^
    it's my passion :3

13. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Trust me, it won't go.

14. okay.i read the forum rules and this is becoming a private discusion. i advise a private chat or just to stop posting short responses.

15. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

While I agree on the most part, if they aim for something they can do, like a few items, it should be fine.

16. GreenLich

i am aiming high but i have the time. i just need hope and i already got it. i just need to learn because nothing fall from the sky. if you think that this world his crual. just remember there's always a light waiting at anypoint of your life. ^^

i will do it :3

17. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

That's why when I first started creating a mod I tried creating a sponge that could absorb more liquid. I figured that if I couldn't even find a way to edit a simple value like that, then I would never be able to learn angelscript anyway.

Pretty sure sponges are hardcoded or something though

18. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Not really. Blobs like sponges are not hardcoded.
    Base/Entities/Items/Sponge

19. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I know where the sponge folder is but I have no idea where to find the amount of water the sponge can absorb