1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Resources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpitfireXero, Aug 31, 2011.

1. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Besides gold, every other resource is in abundance. This is great, but what if they weren't? The other materials are essentially just as important, if not more important than gold can be when you consider how many ways they can be used. This discussion is not meant to suggest KAG should have less resources spread out the map, but is more of a "What if?" type deal. What if there were less resources? Would gameplay suffer a lot, or a little? Would it make fighting more ferocious as players fight over that one tree that would ensure an absolute advantage over the other team, or would it make things worse?

2. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

The game would suck.

3. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Noobs would mine all the ressources and build shitty 2 block-thick towers, while veterans builders look in despair.

4. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Yeah, the game would really suck. Having to play rat race for the small amount of minerals would be a fun killer for me.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Mining and resource collection isn't about digging for hours, it's just about spending enough time doing it that building castles and ladders isn't instantaneous. Plus it makes real life sense.

6. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

if only building castles was instantaneous

7. Frank

Frank Shopkeep Stealer

Okay this topic is called RESOURCES so I guess it's all about not just the quantity of resources placed on the map but also about anything resource-related. Then it makes more sence.

Few or less - thats a simple question. I agree with all posts above, I mean Catakus, Kiro and other user's posts. But what's about different types of resources? What if there weren't only stone, wood and gold (like a stone age) but also coal, iron ore or maybe some kind of magical crystals or smth like that?

What if there would be MOAR resources providing MOAR building (or maybe crafting? in future) options which possibly means MOAR strategies? Just imagine: mining iron/copper ore, building iron walls, barbed wires, placing copper bricks, making torches from wood and coal (fire arrows anyone?), forging weapons - sounds awesome, doesnt it?

TLDR: more resources - more tactics & strategies aaaand fun, less resources - less fun

ps: sry if my english is not "perfect"... hope you've got me right =) oh and u can always tell me about grammar and stuff ;) peace and thanks for reading my sh**

8. Neat

With every buff of something like this, there must be some other nerf, or another buff to the thing that counters it. Quite simply, if you make stone more abundant, you must also make it easier to break castles. Quite frankly, there's no real way of making stone and wood more abundant right now. There is so much stone behind the tent it will last you forever, the wood regenerates and regenerates fast. But you CAN make it so that you collect resources and more of them much faster. I'm fine with there being more resources, so long as you can take castles down more easily. The games are slow enough as it is.

9. kiro

Me think Neat didn't read the message before posting x)

Frank, more ressources types are planned. Geti and MM talked about adding wood blocks and making steel (which requires iron and coal I think ?).

Frank likes this.
  10. Neat

I did read it. But "more" resources is very vague. I understand his english is not perfect, so I forgive him for that. He should have said more types of resources.

How I feel about that: Doooo it. Please?

EDIT: I genuinely missed that part. My bad. Next time i'll try not to skim over so much.

11. kiro

Yeah, do it please :D

12. Frank

Frank Shopkeep Stealer

Terraria behold! KAG is getting closer with every update! :D

If KAG will have some basic crafting, upgrades and different types of building materials then... well I dunno... I suppose my life is complete then?