1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rework Score

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheChosenOne2000, Oct 26, 2013.

?

Like the idea???

1. YES

75.0%
  2. uhhhh....No

25.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. First this is NOT a request for level ups and experience
    Second is that score is not based so weirdly to understand as it is now
    Suggested Format:

Kill=10 points
    Hall Captured=50 points
    Flag captured=75 points
    Someone purchased something from a workshop(or something else) you built=1, 2, or maybe 5 points
    Assist(? too difficult to work in?)=2 points for every heart you took off(only if target is killed by someone or thing else)Or just 5 points

Please consider this, it is quite annoying when my score is way too weird too get a good estimate of how im doing if i have 43 points but 10 kills and 9 deaths
    -TheChosenOne2000

2. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, score seems pretty meaningless right now. Especially for builders.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The default scoreboard score is just (Kills / (Deaths+1)) * 100. You would not have 43 points if you had 10 kills 9 deaths, you would have 100 points.

While it's meaningless for builders, perfect for military classes. I'm honestly not sure I want to complicate it by tracking a heap of arbitrary stats and adding that to the base score somehow.

4. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

If TF2 can have meaningful scores, KAG can.

5. i still get weird numbers and this would be easier to understand

6. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Maybe you should also get subtracted points if you cause the death of anyone on your team. ex: keg explosions, collapses, etc.

norill likes this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

As norill says, this is pretty trivial to add as a mod, have a look at how defaultscore.as works now and go nuts. I'm not interested in burning time on something so trivial at this point.

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Is there any reason to have score in the first place? Other then to measure dicks and brag. eugh :l
    A player with 10/0 may have more score then a builder with 0/10. But the structures that builder makes can be game changing. Therefore score is meaningless.

9. Geti

It orders the scoreboard and lets you see who's contributing kills and who's feeding the enemy coins ;^) A team of builders won't win the game, and players really _should_ swap classes throughout the game anyway, interesting how uncommon that is though.

Either way, the ideal form would be some sort of hybrid kdr and assist points added to some builder-relevant metrics, but (again), that's work put into something that you've correctly identified as essentially meaningless.

10. well thanks for your input, maybe someone could make it a mod

11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Why not just get rid of the whole point system entirely, like One said, but instead of simply removing it put a picture of what class they are playing and what they look like.

Something like my Avatar (except with the hat I am using and it being the Beta sprite rather than Classic) and then it just listing what class they are.

If points are useless, adding the class name and sprite can 1. Show if you are lacking in one specific class (like in tf2) and 2. Can help find out who's greifing what. Most of the time when I see someone greifing I don't catch their name, I only see what hat they are wearing.

Wouldn't it be easy to implement too? Instead of adding all of these different things to add points to a person score that requires a lot more coding and resources, adding something that just tracks your hat and class would be easy.

12. Auburn

I think a symbol for the class is more than enough for everyone to understand. Hammer or Pickax for builder, bow for archer, and sword for knight. Also, points determine who is on top of the scoreboard. Maybe points should be determined by total money gained? (at least in CTF that would work)

13. Geti

Theres only space for ~10x10 beside names anyway, a person and head is usually more than 16x16 even at 1x pixels. I'd like a class icon that would work similarly to the minimap icon in scripts.

Note that while a lot of features like this would be only a few lines of code if we hardcoded them, that's bad form these days. We have to account for people modding in new classes, and can't just write code as simple as if(builder) { use builder icon } else if(archer) { use archer icon } else if (knight) { use knight icon }, like we could have in classic where you couldn't mod classes.

14. Auburn

Could it be done so every class in game (modded or vanilla) MUST have a 10x10 icon to go with it? and then modders could just find a way to replace the class name and icon in their mods?

I don't know the first thing about coding and modding, so I have no clue if it could even work.

15. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Hes saying the the smallest it could go would be 16x16 using pixels as the type of length. Basically saying that it would be impossible to go lower.

16. Geti

That's kind of what I mean, actually - it wouldn't be a "must" thing though, it would be optional, and if not provided in the script, it'd just have no icon like now.

Mods: Rainbows