1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Roleplay] [IC]

Discussion in 'Spamcan' started by The_Khan, Jun 26, 2012.

1. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Backstories:​
    lukepop:
    Name: Lorn Quickbow.
    I have come from a long family of rangers we have fought......longer then anyone knows. I can trace my families ranger-ship back further then my ancestry.​
    feet:
    Name: Ashlee Baker
    I'm 14 years old. I live on a farm with my twin brother and my mother. My late father taught me tracking and hunting as our megre income is barely enough to sustain us. ​
    dylanduran:
    Name: Gwan Greenwell
    Backstory: When he was a young boy, growing up in the farmstead that was his home, Gwan aspired to adventure, to seek a more thrilling, and, if need be, a more dangerous lifestyle, in order to escape the slumber of a farmers life. His father, Gwon, had different plans for the child, hoping that he would choose to adopt the farming life that the Greenwells were known for. However, this was not to be.​
    As Gwan grew older, he started to train with a blade that he found in his father barn, a rusty, mockery of a weapon. This setback did not stop Gwan from being amazed by the sword, and many a night did Gwon wake up to see his son prancing around outside at midnight, merrily slashing at trees and bales of hay. One day, on Gwan's fifteenth birthday, Gwan declared that he woud leave as soon as dusk rose, for he had grown tired of his life. His father, while upset, knew something like this would happen, Gwan was simply too unstable to settle down as a farmer. And so, with his father's blessing, and a handful of coins from Gwon's purse, Gwan set out into the mountains, in order to find a true place for himself in this world.​
    It is now ten years later, and Gwan's opinion of the world has both increased with excitement as he took in the wonders of nature, and diminished as he saw the choas that humans wrecked upon themselves. He no longer sees his sword, which he replaced a long time ago in favour of a real blade, as a tool to get him whatever he wants, but more as an instrument of cruelty, something that should never be used, unless the situation calls for it. He is now an accomplished swordsman, though he does not feel any of the bloody fervour he felt in his youth. ​
    Canadian98:
    Name: Jadain Sorrowso.
    When Jadain was 10 years old his parents were killed, so he does not easily trust strangers anymore, he had no relatives so he learned to live by himself and hunt and such, he developed good survivalist skills and developed talent with the bow. He is quite smart but not the greatest in hand to hand combat. He is nimble, quick, stealthy, prefers to be alone, so does not have any leadership skills whatsoever. Animals seem to treat him like their own as he has lived by them for many years. Jadain's goal in life is to find and kill the person or people who killed his parents at any cost. ​
    Hella:
    Name: Cadoras the Storyteller
    Once a young man full of dreams and passing fancies, age has hardened Cadoras, time tearing away all that was dear to him. Growing up with a merchant family, he received a good degree of schooling, such that his lingual skills made him a popular speaker, and a charismatic youth. Once a young man, he left the village to join the wars, searching for glory and riches, but finding only chaos and death. Even then, his mind was valued as he became an officer, but he left with the woman of his dreams, to find a farm and live an idyllic life.​
    He left this life 6 years later, after his children died of the Red Plague, and wife commited suicide. He became a travelling storyteller, likely creating many of the famed stories which the families of the kingdoms hear, and bring their children up to.​
    With a beard that is no longer simply brown with silver streaks, and he knows that it won't be long before he reaches the end of his time, but he continues to travel and ply his trade, periodically returning to his home village, not simply to leave that which he lost, but to experience the joy of the young as they hear his tales. ​
    superblackcat:
    Name: Drake Duvvel
    Height: 6ft​
    Backstory: Drake was a smart bully, he bullied people through the means f blackmail, and other things his classmates can't hold against him. This stopped when his father died. His father is a veRy rich trader, so he had a good life so far... But after his. Father died, his mother locked herself in a room, and he decided he would take revenge against his fathers murderer. Because of his brains, and his desire to keep in shape, he learned swordsmanship quickly, has a bueatiful form, and weald two swords, he boypught his two swords using the money he extorted at his school, at a VERY good blacksmith... One of the best in the country, he used all his money on the two swords, and some leather padding armor...now, he decided that he needs to learn the art of bow, and this is where the story begins. ​
    MCrypa:
    Name: Alu Mahammud
    Backstory: He was born in an unknown country, far from todays Curaw. When he was little, his parents were brutally murdered by an unknown assassin. When his parents died, he was left with nothing, nothing at all. Growing up was hard. He was involved in several cases of street crime, although, this was not what he wanted. One day, his so called "friends" betrayed him. They nearly beat him to death, but left him alive for the bounty. When the guards eventually found him, they declared him dead. However, Alu was just trapped in a dimension between life and death. His life flashed through his mind, but it suddenly stopped at a certain moment - the moment his parents died. Terrified by the sight, he woke up. Alu found himself in a corpse wagon, headed for Curaw. "Why am I being brought to Curaw" he thought, "Why didn't they just bury me at home?" Too tired to think of an answer, he fell asleep. ​
    The Khan is Game Master​
    RULES:​
    No magic. This is one of the things that made Monsteri's go weird.​
    The GM controls all NPCs to peasents to kings to wild animals. You may take control of personal​
    animals however the GM may control them atany time.​
    No huge changes. Again, screwed upMonsteri's roleplay.​
    Watch your grammer. Please.​
    I will wait until we have at least 8 players until we start. Or if that takes too long 7 days will do.​
    I think it would be safer if we had only one loyalty. I have a story idea for yous to follow. If there is only one loyalty than everyone can start off in the same general area and we won't have everyone in different places (On the other side of the world).​
    When the game starts any writing by me that​
    involves the game will be displayed using Red.​
    RULES:​
    Please, don't control each other. Do the talking​
    yourself. Even if you post a reply that is one sentence long it doesn't matter.​
    When your posting what you are going to do please keep it as simple as possible. No long​
    history lessons and stuff like that. When I ask what you would like to do a simple reply like "Chop wood." is enough.​
    No overpowered stuff when creating characters,​
    you are normal people (In most cases) with​
    normal stuff, so on what feet said "No magic". (@Swift_Demon: You'd better hope Swift Sword is just a name.) Also, in-game, no overpowering stuff is to happen. You don't decide it's night, you don't decide it's about to rain.​
    Leave all of that to me. I control the whole world around you.​
    Please try not to name anything in the country, if there is a tavern in town don't name it, refer to​
    it as "Tavern" until I mention it's name, I'm in control here remember that.​
    "The GM controls all NPCs to peasents to kings to wild animals. You may take control of personal animals however the GM may control them at any time." <<<This, you may have an animal such as a dog/cat/horse/cow etc. No weird stuff like a mouse or a wolf. You control​
    what they do for most of the time but as I said " I control the whole world around you." so what I mean is I can make your horse break a leg by stepping in a rabbit hole (I'm not that mean​
    though ) or I can make your dog get sick etc.​
    Now the most important rule is... HAVE FUN!!! (That sounded a bit corny)​
    Just to let you all know, this is Medieval, not Fantasy so no elves or other stuff will be in this RPG.​
    Characters:​
    lukepop: Lorn Quickbow​
    Swift_Demon: Tyler Swift​
    feet: Ashlee Baker​
    DylanDuran: Gwan Greenwell​
    Hella: Cadoras the Storyteller​
    Canadian98: Jadain Sorrowso​
    Masery: Mason​
    OK, so there is only one faction, the factions name is Curaw. It's a small Kingdom in the mountains. The other two countries (Thydor and Dames) have both been trying to win over this other factions allegiance in the war but the King refuses, he prefers to stay up in the mountain castle in peace and mostly everyone of the Kingdom of Curaw agrees with him.​
    You will start in a little village called Wyre. It seems like it's in the middle of nowhere but it has a very important role in the Curaw. It's main industry is lumber. It's placed in a smallish clearing with a small river running down the mountains not far away from town. It doesn't have much but there is a small Tavern in the center of town and some other small buildings such as a Lumber mill, a Blacksmith, and a general goods store that sells stuff like food/clothing etc.​
    __________________________________________________________________​
    It's early morning and the sun is only just coming over the far hill, people are setting up shop in the weakly market in the town square and the shops are starting to open, people are walking down the streets on whatever business, most likely on their way to work. Soldiers are making their daily patrol around town on lookout of criminals such as thieves. The noise is that classical background noise of dogs barking and people talking etc.
    You have all day to spend... what would you like to do?
    (Just so you all know, you do have a limited amount of money, you can get more by finding work)

2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Look for Simple Work

3. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Go into the forest to make some arrows from fallen branches and shoot some dinner and a little extra for some coffee at the local inn.

4. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

CD98: You walk down the street looking around for a job that might interest you.

LP: You walk out of the town gate and head towards the forest, about 150 meters away. You walk into the forest and start gathering up sticks, being a skilled fletcher the arrows are done in no time, now to find some game. Which direction would you like to looks for some animals?

5. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Apply for the first job I see

6. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Walk into the tavern, because screw having to do conventional work.

Ghozt likes this.
  7. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

CD98: You walk down the street a bit further ad you see a sign say "Help needed", it looks like a blacksmiths shop, it's an open shop, there is no wall facing the street. The blacksmith is doing his job, mending a shoe horse be the looks of it. What would you like to do? Continue looking or go in?

Hella: You walk into the tavern, it's a classic old medieval tavern, exactly what you'd expect from such a place. It was quite empty though, being early in the morning all of the regulars are probably still getting over their hangovers from last night. There are a few people sitting around talking quietly though. What now?

8. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Continue looking as I prefer something less hands on

9. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Goes to the Blacksmiths Shop to go and Work, being the Blacksmith's Apprentice, a Large Hammer in hand.

10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Considering this is my home town, do I recognise the person behind the bar? I go up and talk to them, to order some food.

11. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

CD98: You continue walking down the street, you come to an intersection in the street. You can go back the way you came (Shops most of the way and than a bit further you will start to see more houses than shops), continue the same direction you were going (More shops), go left (Leads to gate to exit the city), or go right (Leads to town square).

Masery: You head into the Blacksmiths Shop and without looking up the blacksmith asks "What is your business here?" (LOL, don't you love how you just happen to be in that street at that time. ;) )

Hella: You do recognize the bartender, he's an old (He is old) friend. He sees you and quickly walks over to you and says "It's been a while Cadoras; what brings you here?" (I would say you used to come to this tavern often)

(I will have to leave you here until this afternoon, I've got to go to school soon. :( Also if someone could please tell the other players that the RPG has started, that would be great.)

12. Masery

Looks up at the blacksmith, confused. "Father? I work here. What you need me do?"
    (Erhm. My Bio explains that I am the son of the Blacksmith.)

13. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I go left to the exit of the city disappointed that I did not find any work that interested me

14. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

(@Masery, the blacksmith didn't look up so he didn't know who it was. I will continue this after school or if I'm lucky during school ;) )

Canadian98 likes this.
  15. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

I'm in a miserable state, I have been unable to find any work, so I am in the tavern, looking for anyone who should need a swordsman...for a price.

16. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

I go west looking somewhere to Practice my running, swimming cooking, pretty much everything I need to be a survivalist.

17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Masery: "Oh, it's you son." he said "I don't need much done right now, maybe later on in the day when we get more customers. Just come back at Midday."

Canadian: You head left and start to walk down the road

dylan: You see someone walk in the door (Hella) and the Bartender quickly walks over and they start talking.

lukepop: You head west and you see a bird perched on a branch in the trees.

*It's now 8:30 AM*

18. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

I will keep doing that for a week.

19. Masery

Nodding to my father, I walk out of the Blacksmith's Shop, only to run straight into a group of Patrolling Guards.

20. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

(...How did you know there were guards were there? I'll let it slip this time. So you still want your father to die?)

lukepop: You continue walking until you get to a small stream, not big enough to swim in but it looks drinkable. There are a few small animal footprints around, none of them seem very fresh though.