1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rotatable Trampolines

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by tru0067, Jul 14, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

This idea came up in another thread and is something that I think would be very cool. Pressing space bar would rotate a trampoline 90 degrees, making sideways and upside down tramps easier to create.

Hella and norill like this.
  2. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Good idea, it would save time building tramp cannons.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  3. Personally I thought trampoline cannons should be hard to make and this would just make it too easy

Dargona1018 likes this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I thought of this a long time ago, the only way to keep trampolines balanced would be to nerf the power at which they launch you.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  5. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

You should add a poll next time; Just to get a feel about how many people are with or against this idea.

kittycity likes this.
  6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Or prevent people from abusing the fact that you can be flung from the underside of the trampoline.

7. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

I like it. You could go builder and tilt a trampoline facing the enemy then fling it at em and fling them back. :rekt:

8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

This would make building tramp cannons even easier, but it's not going to be too much of an issue so long as their power is reduced somehow. I like the idea. Thumbs up.

9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

I don't think tramp cannons are overpowered in any way... You first need to build the tower, spend time on making it fireproof (sometimes, especially on small maps), more time on getting the trampolines (which use much wood) and setting them up. The power/effort ratio is way less than a cata I would say. A catapult doesn't need a builder, only some wood and coins (80 coins is really nothing, you get that at most knight lives) and can be set up quickly, anywhere. The only thing is the gold and need of 2 people to launch 1 of them.

10. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

You can build tree farms with wood. They give around 500-700 wood every tree.
    Wooden blocks spam can be fairly strong and easily repaired, as shown:

:castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::dirt:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall:

:dirt: = Wooden block
    Continue going upwards. Having one layer of stone backwall means fire cannot get to the wooden supports behind it. Using this technique gives you height stopping most enemy bombjumpers, a good easy tower too. Really easy to keep fireproof because the fire arrow will only burn those four blocks. You can easily just replace the blocks.

It all means on the amount of trampolines you have on your cannon, though. I think the max speed you will get is five tramps. It also means on the height of the cannon. Sometimes catapults can't be the best action because it takes two players to use it.

Anonymuse likes this.
  11. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I've seen people set up a tramp cannon by themselves before build time ended. You know what happens? Knights fly into the opponent's base and fuck everything up. That's not a fun or fair game. Please nerf.

12. tru0067

Agree, I think that tramp cannons be nerfed, and specifically that you should not be able to enter a trampoline from the bottom (or at least not get the full boost for doing so)

I would still like to see rotatable trampolines, but not until tramp cannons are balanced

13. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

This idea is dead in the water since the knight nerf witch is sad beacouse it is a simple fun idea

Fernegulus likes this.
  14. tru0067

Well now that tramp canons are less useful (shield glide nerf), this idea would be less harmful

15. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Tramp cannons literally work 80% as effectively as before, and you can easily get across the map using them still. They've barely been nerfed.

16. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, they were nerfed indirectly.
    Now, you NEED a chicken with you or you will crash into the ground, exploded into nice little giblets.

So, technically, they fixed the Tramp Cannon issue now:
    You can still get further, but you gotta waste 30 coins and time to be able to successfully do it.
    You can no longer transport a keg with a tramp cannon.

EDIT: I was wrong, disregard this. Anonymuse set me straight. :wink:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  17. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

All of this is incorrect, as you can just shield a bit later in the flight and land taking minimal to no damage. I literally did this the other day, and if I'm not mistaken you were actually right there lol.

Also, I did it while holding a keg and blew a hole into their base so...

18. Dargona1018

Well, I musta done it incorrectly. Why not hold your shield up the whole way? Isn't that how they work? :huh?:
    If you continue going forward, you'll hit into a building or into the ground and get smashed up, or at least I did that whole match.

19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

If you hold your shield up the entire way you'll start falling while you're too high in the air and gib. If you hold it up a bit later before you pick up too much downwards velocity you'll land safely with little to no damage. Obviously this means knights can't fly as far but it's hardly a "nerf" since it's only a few blocks shorter (I'd have to go in-game to compare, but that's an effort switching between builds).

20. Dargona1018

Ah, okay. disregard my first post then.

Mods: Rainbows