1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

RUNE

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Zegovia, Dec 29, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

[​IMG]
    "Rune is a third-person action computer game developed by Human Head Studios which was released in late 2000. The game is based on Norse mythology, showing the conflict between the gods Odin and Loki and the build up to Ragnarok, the end of the world. Built on the Unreal Engine, the game allows players to explore a fully realized Viking world."

None of that mattered, what mattered was that the gave gave me an axe and tons of baddies to chop up!

Used to play this some time ago and i absolutley loved it, a third person hack and slash adventure with a awesome multiplayer component. with VIKINGS!!!

Anyone else ever played this? Why havent this been brought to Steam yet?! Or at the very least, is there is any other game similar to it?

2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

"Rune is a third-person action computer game
    GOT MY ATTENTION.
    Wheres the link now.

3. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Im sorry Im not following.... link? RUNE is a old retail game... :huh?:

4. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Any place that still sells it?
    Link as in,link to its site.

5. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

The games main website is: http://www.runegame.com/

Its a rather old game and chances are rather small that you will find it in a retail store... You could try Amazon.com or something.

6. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

I think i played this yes. Its based on the unreal engine ? So it felt quite good and played like a FPS, with cool multiplayer. ITs on steam ? I'd play this again. I remember a few games of this type, hack and slashing, i remember a dark underground one that had a wicked throwing weapon. And another called 'die by the sword' i think.

7. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I checked on Steam and it wasn't there *sad face*. This game dose really sound cool!

8. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Of course how could i forget Die by the sword! that game was also awesome with it monty python esque injury system, yet the combat controls where a wee bit akward.

Mods: BlueLuigi